King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 24: June 9 - September 13, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Welcome to King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 24.

The previous thread can be found http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/king-abdullah-queen-rania-current-events-part-23-a-12363-10.html

Before posting, please keep the following in mind:
  • As of November 1, 2006, our Photo Posting Rules require that photos may only be posted directly to The Royal Forums if you have written permission from the copyright holder or if you took the photo yourself.
  • Further questions, including those on how to post pictures, are answered in our Member FAQs.
  • Please take a few moments to browse through our Community Rules.
  • Post only 20% or less of an article, followed by a link to the rest of it.
  • Stay on topic; while it can be tempting, please avoid discussions of an overtly political nature.
  • Be civil and respectful, even when you disagree.
Happy posting!

Royal Family of Jordan Moderating Team
Avalon, Humera, Zonk

Last edited:
I was wondering...will the King and Queen be celebrating their coronation or wedding aniversaries in private or are they usually more of a public ordeal? Just curious :flowers:...I hope this does not start a heated debate as to whether or not the King and Queen should celebrate these events in public or not because that is not what I am after, heh... I would appreciate anyone who can give me a simple answer. Thank you so much everyone!

Acid Burn said:
I was wondering...will the King and Queen be celebrating their coronation or wedding aniversaries in private or are they usually more of a public ordeal? Just curious :flowers:...I hope this does not start a heated debate as to whether or not the King and Queen should celebrate these events in public or not because that is not what I am after, heh... I would appreciate anyone who can give me a simple answer. Thank you so much everyone!
I don't think they celebrate their wedding aniversaries in public.

They usually do by taking family pictures, I think they did that for their 10th annvs

Majesty magazine had Queen´s interview. Anyone have it?

I heard the King and Queen are going to the UK this week for a few days. Anyone know what that is about?

It's probably a private trip, they often make short trips to London, I think they have some sort of home there.

Amman, June 11 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II affirmed that the concept of confederation or Jordanian-Palestinian federation is not exist in our dictionary and we will not accept to talk about this subject at the present time
LINK

Amman (Petra) — His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces on Sunday attended a ceremony organized by the Jordanian Armed Forces marking the Great Arab Revolt and Army Day.
LINK

Amman, June 12 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II headed for Cairo on a several-hour visit to Egypt during which he will hold talks with Egyptian President Mohammad Husni Mubarak.
LINK

Photos:
ANP
ANP

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak meets with Jordanian King Abdullah II at the presidential palace in Cairo, 12 June 2007. King Abdullah is expect to hold talks on the situation in the Middle East. Picture from ANP

I'm new to this board so I apologize if this is not the correct place to post...I just received the new issue of Vanity Fair today and Her Majesty Queen Raina is featured on one (of twenty) covers of July's issue for her charitable endeavors in Africa.

Yes, it's a special issue of Vanity Fair. Queen Rania is featured on two covers. One is with Mohammed Ali(?) and the other is with Bono. They have lots of celebrities and activists featured, like Brad Pitt, Don Cheadle, Desmond Tutu, Condoleeza Rice, President George W. Bush, Oprah, George Clooney, and others. I think it's a great concept, and these things will be collectors items in the future, believe me!

Amman, June 13 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II strongly condemned the attack on shrines of two Shiite Imams in the Iraqi city of Samarra by terrorists.
LINK

A Reminder About Posting Non-English Articles

Please note that if you’d like to post a link to an article in Arabic or in any language other than English, you must provide a brief summary of it in English (the official language of the Forums).

From the Forums’ Member FAQs (under “Copyright”):

“I've found an interesting article in another language. Can I post a translation of the entire article?

It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles. You can post a link to the article, along with a short English summary, in your own words, of the article. If you find a full translation online, you can post a link to it. If you have your own website or blog and wish to post the translation there, you can add a link to it here. However, your provider will probably also have copyright rules, and you may be infringing those rules by storing copyrighted material.”

Any posts that do not comply with the above will be deleted.

Jordanian Forum Moderating Team
Avalon, Humera, Zonk

They have now left Hungary for London

King, Queen arrive in London
News

Will Rania be involved in the talks? She has worked alongside the Chancellor in the past.

London, June 14 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II and German Chancellor Angela Merkel in a telephone conversation reviewed situations in Lebanon and Palestine.
News

Amman - King Abdullah II of Jordan on Thursday called Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and urged taking all steps that ensure an 'immediate' halt for Palestinian bloodshed, the royal court said.
Jordan's Abdullah calls Abbas, urges steps to halt bloodshed - Middle East

Last edited by a moderator:
King meets Gordon Brown, British Chancellor of the Exchequer

London, June 15 (Petra)-His Majesty King Abdullah II met on Friday evening with Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown
News

Gordon hosted dinner in honour if Their Majesties, but no pictures.

June 18, King inaugurates Queen Rania Al Abdullah Center for persons with special needs.

His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday opened the Queen Rania Al-Abdullah Center, which the King donated, for military personnel with special needs, in Al-Jandaweel area in appreciation for their sacrifice for the sake of the homeland. (Petra News Agency)

http://s2.supload.com/free/3611I-20070618161715.jpg/view/ (Petra)

Last edited:
PM Olmert speaks with Jordanian King Abdullah 18 Jun 2007
PM Olmert speaks with Jordanian King Abdullah

Amman, June 18 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday received Chinese businessmen delegates, headed by Vice Chairman of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference National Committee Luo Haocai, who are participating at the Arab-Chinese Businessmen second Conference.
News

Amman, June 18 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II stressed, in a telephone call on Monday with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, the necessity of strengthening the internal Palestinian front and cut off any attempt designed to split the Palestinian rank.
News

Amman (dpa) - Kuwait's Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah arrived in Amman Tuesday for the first official visit to Jordan by such a high-level Kuwaiti official in 17 years. ........

He later held talks with King Abdullah II on the latest regional developments and means of boosting bilateral ties particularly in the economic spheres, an official statement said.
EUX.TV - Kuwaiti crown prince on first visit to Jordan in 17 years

Last edited:
AMMAN, Jordan (AP) - Jordan announced Monday that it was sending 450 tons of food and medical supplies to the Gaza Strip to help stave off a humanitarian crisis there.
A royal palace statement said the aid, worth millions of dollars, will be dispatched overland Tuesday upon the orders of Jordan's King Abdullah II.

Jordan has sent at least 226 aid convoys of food and medical supplies worth 48 million Jordanian Dinars (US$ 68 million; ¤ 51 million) to the West Bank and Gaza over the past three years, according to the statement.
Jordan dispatches 450 tons of food, medical supplies to Gaza Strip

Amman, June 21 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II received an invitation from Egyptian President Mohammad Hosni Mubarak to attend a four-way summit that would be held in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh next Monday.
News

No mention of Rania attending.

Article on the Fez music festival.
The Mysterious Ways of Arabic Music - U2 France

North Badia, June 21(Petra)-His Majesty King Abdullah II on Thursday has spent a good time with North Badia citizens, as he cares deeply to listen to the people and perceive their needs and sufferings. Moreover, the visit reflects the King’s dedication to really reach out to citizens across the Kingdom and check the conditions and needs.
News

Ten truckloads of foodstuff, provided by King Abdullah II of Jordan, entered the Gaza Strip on Thursday through Israel, local daily Ha'aretz reported on its website.
The shipment, transferred from the Kerem Shalom crossing on the southern Gaza-Israel border, included 30 tons of margarine, 33 tons of lentils, 34 tons of noodles, 20 tons of beans and 15 tons of garbanzo beans, said the report
People's Daily Online -- Jordan's relief assistance enters Gaza through Israel

Last edited by a moderator:
June 18, King inaugurates Queen Rania Al Abdullah Center for persons with special needs.

His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday opened the Queen Rania Al-Abdullah Center, which the King donated, for military personnel with special needs, in Al-Jandaweel area in appreciation for their sacrifice for the sake of the homeland. (Petra News Agency)

http://s2.supload.com/free/3611I-20070618161715.jpg/view/ (Petra)

Jordan Royals inaugurate Queen Rania Centre - Amman

Jordan's King Abdullah II and his wife Queen Rania inaugurate Queen Rania Centre for Persons with Special Needs in Amman, Jordan on June 18, 2007.

Image Gallery - Click Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom