King Abdullah on Star Trek: Voyager (1995)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How exciting for him to not only meet the actors and visit the set, but to have a cameo role!

King Abdullah: Trekkie?

Okay, this might come as no surprise to some of you, but I was poking around online to confirm something I'd read in a 30th anniversary Star Trek commemorative magazine, and it looks as if I might be right after all: King Abdullah II of Jordan is a huge Star Trek fan. His father, the late King Hussein, would send his son tapes of the original series while King Abdullah (then Crown Prince) was out on maneuvers with the Jordanian military, and Abdullah would watch them on some sort of setup he had in his quarters. According to the piece on King Abdullah in the ST 30th Anniversary commemorative, he has a good-sized collection of Trek stuff (including a Spock uniform shirt signed by Leonard Nimoy), and imdb.com has a listing for him as an extra in a second-season episode of Star Trek: Voyager.

My question is this: has anyone else heard of this stuff with regards to King Abdullah? Just wondering.

How wild! I don't recall the episode, but I think it's rather cool that a royal such as KA would do something like that.

This has been discussed several times in different threads.
King Abdullah (then Prince) appeared in an episode of Star Trek: Voyager in 1995. He had no speaking role though. The cameo was only a couple of seconds long.

Even so, it's still rather cool to us Trekkie types that royalty of any type would actually appear in a Star Trek episode, no matter how brief the appearance.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously!!!!???? What planet is this king on? So corrupt! 1.5B on a theme park for him? Seriously?
the Park isn't open for the public?

Last edited:
I agree that the project is a bit...out of this world shall I say?

Is Star Trek even popular in Jordan and the rest of the Middle East? If not, I could see it not doing well and the King suffering as a result. Protests may increase for him to be a constitutional monarch or for the monarchy to be abolished.

:ermm: is this realy credible or someone knows hes the fan and made it up? i think 1.5 billion can better help jordanian peoples with water, jobs, structure and the king would know that.. i hope.

It was originally reported by The National, the UAE newspaper, which I don't think makes stuff up like this. Its been picked up by TIME, NPR, and other outlets.

Seriously!!!!???? What planet is this king on? So corrupt! 1.5B on a theme park for him? Seriously?

You cannot be serious either. Why would you assume it is a theme park for him? He may support the establishment of a theme park in Jordan, and he is a Star Trek fan. A theme park would attract increased tourism which would help the country and I would assume that the park would involve private sector investments. Why is it so easy for people to throw the word corruption about, seriously?:flowers:

Please read the article carefully before making accusations. The theme park does not belong to the king. It is a project of American and Middle Eastern investors, one of whom is King Abdullah. The articles does not mention how much of his own money he invested. I doubt he has $1.5 billion to invest in a park.
Apparently it will be fully-licensed which means that the Star Trek people have approved of it and the Americans are probably the biggest stakeholders in it.

As other articles, including the ones below mention, $1.5 billion is the projected cost and the king has been looking for investors, which he has found.

The king is using cash from his Fund for Development to help investors get the project off the ground, hoping it will boost Jordan's profile as a tourist destination.
Star Trek | King Abdullah Hopes To Beam Up Star Trek Fans To Jordan With Theme Park | Contactmusic

If It Actually Gets Built, The Star Trek Theme Resort Will Be the Ultimate Geek Hotel || HotelChatter

the Park isn't open for the public?
A theme park, by it's nature, is meant for the public. It sort of defeats the purpose if it wasn't. The investors are in it to make money.

The park will be located in the coastal town of Aqaba and is intended to be a family destination, mixing cultural discovery areas with high-profile attractions themed around the popular Star Trek franchise.

. . . For those looking for a more cultural day out, up to 17 separate attractions will feature Jordan's Nabatean, Babylonian, British and Roman influences, along with theatrical productions, night-time shows, restaurants, shops and four hotels.
Jordan sets a course for new Star Trek theme park - News & Advice, Travel - The Independent

Last edited:
:previous: so if the park is opened to the public I don't see the big deal here that of cours will bring some good benefitto Jordan...hope everybody there enjoy it.

I just want to say something maybe it's out of toppic but seriousely I hate how some media and eventually ppl get freaked by everything happen in arab world this times I mean when even events are in different context they like to link them to the 'Arab Spring' :ermm:
they make from everything big deal and make eveything look bad IMO.

I just want to say something maybe it's out of toppic but seriousely I hate how some media and eventually ppl get freaked by everything happen in arab world this times I mean when even events are in different context they like to link them to the 'Arab Spring' :ermm:
they make from everything big deal and make eveything look bad IMO.

That's true. But a lot of people who "freak out" are from the region themselves. I agree that it's better to know the whole story before jumping up and reaching negative conclusions after reading a headline. If you assume the worst of everything, even a good thing is going to look bad.

That's true. But a lot of people who "freak out" are from the region themselves. I agree that it's better to know the whole story before jumping up and reaching negative conclusions after reading a headline. If you assume the worst of everything, even a good thing is going to look bad.

I totally agree. Headlines are about selling a story, and you are right that if one is looking for the worst in everything, then one will find everything is bad. Let us be a little more optimistic :flowers:

i dont know about star trek but this looks random to be in jordan. lol. an attraction that does with the country maby sounds better but this is silly.

Back
Top Bottom