King Abdullah and Queen Rania's visit to the US: September 19 - ,2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salma

Majesty , Royal Blogger , Picture of the Week
City
---
Country
Portugal
On 21st September she will attend the launch of ‘Making Every Woman and Girl Count’ programme

I hope not to attend similar last year events

I hope not to attend similar last year events

I think her engagements are going to be similar than previous years. She has always done it

Justin Trudeau (R), Prime Minister of Canada, speaks as Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan (L) listens at the start of round table meeting about international action on refugees and migrants on the sidelines of a United Nations meeting on refugees and migrants at United Nations headquarters in New York, New York, USA, 19 September 2016. The meeting is being held on the eve of the opening of the General Debate of the 71st session of the United Nations General Assembly

http://www.epa.eu/politics-photos/t...ions-on-refugees-and-migrants-photos-53027236

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKi5yzTA517/?taken-by=queenrania

Last edited:
Rania Al-Abdullah, Queen of Jordan, speaks in a panel discussion during the annual meeting of the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) in New York, U.S., on Monday, Sept. 19, 2016. The annual CGI meetings bring together heads of state, leading CEOs, philanthropists, and members of the media to facilitate discussion and forward-thinking initiatives that challenge the way we impact the future. Photographer: Michael Nagle/Bloomberg via Getty Images

Picture ** Gettyimages gallery

Queen Rania calls for greater support for girls education in conflict zones

New York, Sept. 20 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah urged greater support for education in conflict zones, and called for forging partnerships among girls and women around the world to advance this cause.

Queen's remarks came on Monday during a working visit to New York with His Majesty King Abdullah.

The Queen spoke at an event organized by "Let Girls Learn", a global initiative launched by US First Lady Michelle Obama to help give girls everywhere greater access to education.

Recognizing that education is a major casualty of armed conflict, Queen Rania called for considerable efforts to turn the tides of tragedy and desperation in war-torn regions."Today, more than 13 million children half of them girls are shut out of schools," Queen Rania warned.

this is an interesting interview by rania. however, what i find frustrating is that leaders, like she is, say things like 'something has to be done about this'. someone who is queen to a country next door to syria speaks as if someone else needs to do something about the refugee crisis. it leaves very little hope that anything can really be achieved, if high powered people like her feel that they are not empowered enough to influence the course of the crisis. they are quick to evoque the images of devastation but then leave it to someone else (i wonder who she is thinking of) to do the real work.

it makes me think of the saying 'if not me, who? if not now, when?'. i can think of fewer people with the access, contacts and information that rania has to enact change of this, yet she speaks as if it is out of her hands. it's sad.

Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan attends NY: Global Citizen Festival 2016 on September 24, 2016 at Central Park in New York City
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Sept. 24. Impressed by the great work @IIEGlobal is doing to rescue and support scholars from areas of conflict and unrest through fellowships and placements abroad. Met with three Syrian academics currently working and adding value at US universities... The Arab world could use this talent as well

Shopping (again) Sept. 23

Back
Top Bottom