King Abdullah & family visit to the United States: January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossina

Former Moderator
City
Country
India
Amman, Jan 10 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II holds a summit with U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House next Tuesday on cementing Jordanian-U.S. political and economic ties as well as developments in the Arab world and the region.

King leaves on U.S. working trip

Amman, Jan 14 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II and Her Majesty Queen Rania on Saturday left for Washington for talks with U.S. President Barack Obama on bilateral and regional issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
This trip is in all the papers, will be anxious to see the photos!

A Full Agenda for King Abdullah of Jordan's White House Visit
President Obama will host Jordan's King Abdullah II this Tuesday for a meeting in the Oval Office. The visit -- King Abdullah's second since the onset of last year's Arab uprisings -- occurs amid a backdrop of increased tension in the kingdom.
Not only is Abdullah facing a spike in domestic economic and political foment, but violence across the northern border in Syria threatens to deteriorate into civil war.
Making matters worse, across the river to the west, Israeli-Palestinian relations are facing yet another crisis that could see the Palestinians resume their controversial unilateral drive for statehood at the UN later this month, notwithstanding Abdullah's laudable mediation efforts.
These developments, along with the general regional trend toward political change, are once again raising concerns about Jordan's stability. Although neither leader is likely to mention these concerns publicly, such issues will shape the context of the discussion.

that should be the king Ageda in US but what QRania?
King starts working visit to U.S.
Washington, Jan 15 (Petra) - His Majesty King Abdullah II on Sunday started a working visit to the United States during which he will hold a summit meeting in the White House with President Barack Obama on Tuesday

Will Queen Rania be doing something with Michelle Obama on this trip?

I think Rania's role will be toned down quite a bit and more focused on Jordan. The times of her going abroad and mingling with VIPs such as Bono in designer wear are over.

These are serious times, Abdullah goes as King who is under immense pressure not only in his own country but also as kind of mediator for the region. I dont think there is any space for Rania and Michelle showing off in new dresses, even if it is around some charity.

after criticism from tribes she even avoided the press ; the king is the one who was asked and answered about her role and her family's corruption !

It's great to see the crown prince accompanying his parents on this trip, it might as well be time he started such trips as he is the crown prince. I wish such visits would have a program me published.

It's great to see the crown prince accompanying his parents on this trip, it might as well be time he started such trips as he is the crown prince. I wish such visits would have a program me published.

It may be very soon cuz CP Hussein will turn 18 years old next June.

Queen Rania on twitter, Cant wait to see her at a reception later on today.

@UNFoundation Looking forward to reception! You do great work, especially promoting girls’ education – key to a nation’s development.

January 17, 2012-
Today King Abdullah meets with President Obama and the UN host a launch in honor of Queen Rania at the Newseum in Washington.

I think Rania's role will be toned down quite a bit and more focused on Jordan. The times of her going abroad and mingling with VIPs such as Bono in designer wear are over.

These are serious times, Abdullah goes as King who is under immense pressure not only in his own country but also as kind of mediator for the region. I dont think there is any space for Rania and Michelle showing off in new dresses, even if it is around some charity.
indeed.:flowers:
this is a quit hard times for all the region and for sure King Abdullah as the other leaders in ME feel it there is no time for Rania glamorous games with her celebrities friends nobody believe that anymore anyway..

Well if you notice people of he Middle-East country are not afraid anymore, so rania needs to understand the situation that she and the king are in a kinda bad situation, otherwise they going to lose the country like the other leaders.
People don't care what Rania wears or do they care about themselves and I believe after what happened in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya people in any other country can do the same ( I mean revolutions then get ride of the royal family) :flowers:

Its interesting and shocking at the same time to see the physical impact of pressure or enormous responsibility. Thinking of what kind of guy Abdullah used to be, an army man, trained & fit (ok he always had the tendency to put on weight), now he has become quite heavy, unhealthy looking face, like a high blood pressure candidate.

While it is good to see that Abdullah involves his son at such an early age, the weight on Hussain's shoulders must be heavy. You never know in these countries, with assassination attemps looming, unhappy Jordans, neighbour countries ex- or imploding, what a life will expect him.

The Abdullah - Obama relationship is certainly difficult but key to so many conflicts in the region.

King meets US Treasury secretary

...The King also reviewed reform measures taken by Jordan in the political and economic fields as well as challenges facing the Kingdom, mainly in the economic field...
Petra article

King Abdullah sees glimmer of hope in Mideast talks

His Majesty King Abdullah said that some modest progress was achieved after two weeks of negotiations in Amman adding that both sides are looking for a way to break the impasse that has stalled peace negotiations for more than two years...
Petra article

United Nations Foundation board member Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah speaks about the work of the United Nations Foundation during a lunch to discuss the importance of working with the U.N. to create a better world for women and children at the Newseum in Washington, D.C., Tuesday, January 17, 2012.
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Very nice outfit I really like it :D

does any one know when they going to return to Jordan ??

Jan. 18, 2012- Queen Rania´s events

Today Queen will visit the University and will meet with Ambassador Verveer

Very nice outfit I really like it :D

does any one know when they going to return to Jordan ??

Most likely by Sunday or Monday unless it is a busy visit which we don't know yet. We won't know till they land safety in Jordan which is he case on almost ever visit they do.

King continues meetings at U.S. Congress
Washington, Jan. 19 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II met Wednesday with U.S. House Speaker John Boehner and discussed with him bilateral relations and means to cement them in various fields.
The meeting dealt with the role the United States can play to enable the Jordan to face various economic challenges.

King: Situation in Syria "complicated puzzle"
Washington, Jan.19 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II described the situation in Syria as a complicated puzzle.
In an interview with CNN's Suzanne Kelly in Washington Thursday, the King said he doesn't see Syria going through many changes.

Back
Top Bottom