General questions/information about King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Haya is King Abdullah's younger half sister (daughter of King Hussain and Queen Alia) thus she's Queen Rania's sister in-law

Hello All, it's has been a while, only 10 years :D

I was looking for HMKA II visit photos to the light dragoons regiment in Yorkshire, can you please help me :(

Last edited:
I saw on the court webside that Princess Salma graduated from Sandhurst military academy today. https://rhc.jo/en/g/40414 I`ve seen online that her older brother the crown Prince and her aunt Princess Iman (b. 83) also has a graduation from Sandhurst. But her older sister Iman doesnt seems to have One?

Crown Prince Hussein and his future

Hi guys! I am new in this forum?!
There is something that I always think about CP hussein and wanted to know what you guys think about it (sorry if it's a dumb question)
Do you think CP hussein would accept a arranged marriage? Like marry his 2nd/3rd cousin or someone from an other muslim/arab royal family (like saudi arabia, bahrein, dubai)? Cause he seems to be more "traditional" than his parents and maybe he prefer to marry a arab royal blood girl to keep a "tradition" or a "good relationship" with those countries or something...

Why's no one answering this? We're very curious! Can any Jordanians tell fangirls whether or not your Crown Prince is single?

Typically threads by members who are also actively engaged in other topics are more likely to be answered than a new member starting a new thread to ask one question never to be seen again.

Hope that answers your question.

BTW, who is 'we'?

And: Welcome on TRF! Hope you'll enjoy it and become interested in other royal houses as well.

Why's no one answering this? We're very curious! Can any Jordanians tell fangirls whether or not your Crown Prince is single?

Now he is single but I heard from some one that he was with an Arab girl during his last year at university but he broke up with her before Sandhurst or something like that!

Hi guys! I am new in this forum?!
There is something that I always think about CP hussein and wanted to know what you guys think about it (sorry if it's a dumb question)
Do you think CP hussein would accept a arranged marriage? Like marry his 2nd/3rd cousin or someone from an other muslim/arab royal family (like saudi arabia, bahrein, dubai)? Cause he seems to be more "traditional" than his parents and maybe he prefer to marry a arab royal blood girl to keep a "tradition" or a "good relationship" with those countries or something...
He doesn’t have to marry a woman from the royal or ruling Gulf families, his mother isn’t from one the ruling families but she is of course Jordanian and his grandmother, Queen Muna is of British origin so it’s possible for him to marry a foreign woman, but of course the children would have to be Muslim. But I think he will probably marry a Jordanian like his father.

He doesn’t have to marry a woman from the royal or ruling Gulf families, his mother isn’t from one the ruling families but she is of course Jordanian and his grandmother, Queen Muna is of British origin so it’s possible for him to marry a foreign woman, but of course the children would have to be Muslim. But I think he will probably marry a Jordanian like his father.
The Queen is a Palestinian born in Kuwait who didn't move to Jordan until 1991.

It's quite interesting looking at how the Hashemites went from favouring marriages among themselves and related families or to members of the Egyptian Royal family and aristocracy to marrying commoners and foreigners in only a few decades. It's a similar but somewhat faster development to what has happened in Europe since World War I.

Were Queen Muna more popular than Queen Noor and if so do we know why? I have a possible answer to my own question, but want to see what other thinks.

Muna was never made a queen (unlike Hussein's other 3 wives - all others were at least partly of Arab descent). Since her marriage she has been known as 'princess Muna al-Hussein' (prior to marriage her name was Antoinette (Toni) Avril Gardiner).

Last edited:
Muna was never made a queen (unlike Hussein's other 3 wives - all others were at least partly of Arab descent). Since her marriage she has been known as 'princess Muna al-Hussein' (prior to marriage her name was Antoinette (Toni) Avril Gardiner).
Thanks, I'd forgotten about that.

The Queen is a Palestinian born in Kuwait who didn't move to Jordan until 1991.

It's quite interesting looking at how the Hashemites went from favouring marriages among themselves and related families or to members of the Egyptian Royal family and aristocracy to marrying commoners and foreigners in only a few decades. It's a similar but somewhat faster development to what has happened in Europe since World War I.

Were Queen Muna more popular than Queen Noor and if so do we know why? I have a possible answer to my own question, but want to see what other thinks.
Which member married a member of the Egyptian royal family? As for the marital policies, they changed overtime due to geopolitics, traditional politics and their fairly recent liberal tendencies about their spouses.

King Hussein's first wife, Queen Dina, was related to the Egyptian royals (as well as Hussein) iirc.

Hussein was nervous about marrying a non-Arab (hence Muna wasn't queen) and Muna was intensely domestic by everyone's choice, seemingly. Noor came after the much-loved Alia. Neither of them spoke great Arabic. I'd be surprised if either Muna or Noor were particularly popular, at least back in the day.

And it didn't really matter, did it? Everything revolved around Hussein.

I think Muna is probably more popular today than when she and Hussein were married because of her longevity on the scene and staying in Jordan after the divorce and continuing to do charity work, thus "proving herself" or at least that's what a couple of articles I remember reading on her concluded. And the alledged fact that Queen Alia's children are closer to her than Noor.

Back
Top Bottom