General questions/information about King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if i was a king ....i wouldnt touch postcards and letters from strangers:fireworks:

Why was nobody from Jordan royals present at prince William's wedding?

i wonder if the King will celebrate his 50th birthday with a big party, anybody knows? maybe some official pictures will be released, who knows!

Considering the political situation in Jordan as well as the economic turmoil in the world, I would imagine that it would not be so large. Perhaps just family and political leaders...and pictures released.

Considering the political situation in Jordan as well as the economic turmoil in the world, I would imagine that it would not be so large. Perhaps just family and political leaders...and pictures released.

I agree with you :) I read on Petra news agency website last month that Jordanian government will issue Gold & Silver commemorative coins celebrating HM`s 50 birthday.

it makes sense, its understanble to not make a big fuss about it. i will look forward to some official pictures from the family!:flowers: thats enough and ill be very happy and satisfied with that.

Had anyone read the daily telegraph something about King's houses in UK ?

I have read something about that, but I don't if it's true or not. They are saying that Abdullah have bout two castles in London and he payed them in cash 8 million :D

‘London properties registered to King were purchased in 1948’

AMMAN — Jordan’s Ambassador to UK Mazen Hmoud on Saturday said the two pieces of London real estate mentioned recently in a UK newspaper have been part of the Jordanian military attaché's office in the British capital since 1948.
The ambassador’s statement came in response to a news item published in the Daily Telegraph on Friday, regarding a lawsuit filed by His Majesty King Abdullah on behalf of the Jordanian government to appropriate these pieces of real estate on a permanent basis to become state property, the Jordan News Agency, Petra, reported.
On Friday, the British newspaper reported that the Monarch was suing the trustees of a London estate for allegedly refusing to honour a “gentlemen’s agreement” made in 1996 regarding the leaseholds of two houses in Kensington, which he had purchased a year earlier.
The newspaper reported that the King is suing the Phillimore Estate over the ownership of two houses, alleging that the agreement obliges the trustees to transfer the freeholds of the two properties to him when he pays £500,000 for each.
In a statement published on Petra, the ambassador said the two pieces of real estate, which are not houses as the Telegraph said, were purchased in 1948 for a limited term on a renewable basis and registered in the name of the King of Jordan as head of state and not in his personal capacity, reiterating that the two pieces are part of the Kingdom’s property.
The lawsuit filed by the state seeks to convert the type of the property deed from a limited-term leasehold into a permanent freehold, which means fully appropriating the two real estate pieces.

‘London properties registered to King were purchased in 1948’ | The Jordan Times

Last edited:
Arab Spring impact major challenge to Jordan king
Jordan's King Abdullah II, who celebrates his 50th birthday on Monday, begins the 14th year of his reign facing urgent popular calls to fight corruption and carry out genuine reforms.
[...]
"For the first time, the king faces internal challenges, and the margin to manoeuvre is narrow," Mohammad Masri, a researcher at the University of Jordan's Centre for Strategic Studies, told AFP.
[...]
Inspired by social movements elsewhere, Jordanians demand trials for officials suspected of embezzling billions of dollars under a controversial socio-economic transformation programme.
"The king must show a real will to fight corruption, regardless of his friendship and kinship ties. No one should be given immunity," said Ali Habashneh, who heads a group of military retirees.
Habashneh last week formed the Jordanian National Congress political party, which if approved by the government, would become the first real fruit of the country's popular movement.
He urged the king "to donate his property to the treasury and encourage all members of the royal family to do the same to calm things down."

Had anyone read the daily telegraph something about King's houses in UK ?
I think is true they have some houses in UK, and the late King Hussein sold three houses in UK.

I know that King have a house in London they stay there everytime they go to UK.
Telegraph maybe mean that one.

I know that King have a house in London they stay there everytime they go to UK.
Telegraph maybe mean that one.

They own a residence in London (like other members of the JRF, QNoor for example), but not the two buildings mentioned in the Daily Telegraph article (as objects of legal proceedings): these two buildings are part of the Jordanian embassy in the UK.

Last edited:
They own a residence in London (like other members of the JRF, QNoor for example), but not the two buildings mentioned in the Daily Telegraph article (as objects of legal proceedings): these two buildings are part of the Jordanian embassy in the UK.

You are right ... the Jor-government has already explained this issue.

I saw him .... he is not fluent but better than 2007 ...:flowers:

Ouch! :ohmy: That's a big surprise for me!
Why is his Arabic not fluent? I may understand that after divorce of his parents
King Abdullah spent most of his time with British mother, but he also supposed to spend a lot of time in Jordan with his Jordanian family members and friends!
Do other King Hussein's kids have an accent?

Yes, but he was already gained another language & accent when he returned home. It is not easy for him or for anyone who spent his childhood & youth abroad to speak clear Arabic like natives. Now his language is far better than his first years as king .. he improved a lot.

Last edited:
it's clear now thanks Veram.
I think that the Telegraph's journalist didn't bother to do more research to know exactly who own the two buildings...nice work:whistling:

I just wonder why King Abdullah named Hussein as a Crown Prince? He's so young, how can the King be sure that Prince Hussein will be a real leader of the nation?

I just wonder why King Abdullah named Hussein as a Crown Prince? He's so young, how can the King be sure that Prince Hussein will be a real leader of the nation?

Well Constitution of Jordan Say The elder Son Have To Takes the position of the crown prince and King Abdullah He’s still Young King He can Lead Him To Right way , and the same Thing Happened with late King Hussein and His Son King Abdullah , Prince Hamzah and prince Ali Eligible To Throne More Than King Abdullah , But Because King Abdullah he’s The Elder Son he Choose Him To Take The Line Of Throne . :flowers:

Please note that all posts regarding Abdullah divorcing Rania to save his throne have been deleted as speculative.

Please contact any member of the TRF moderation team if you have any questions.

Regards,

Zonk
Jordan Forums Moderator

Hi, can someone tell me what is the relation of Queen Rania and King Abdullah with princess Haya?

as far as i know it relationship; Princess Muna the King Abdullah mother took care of the little Haya and her brother Prince Ali after the death of their mother Queen Alia what mean that the relation between Abdulah and Haya should be good one also Haya give Her mother Tiara to the QRania during the King Adbullah and Queen Rania coronation day.

Maybe someone can help me ) I want to send a New Year card to Their Majesties. I have done that several times before to the address they have on site. But no answer. Maybe the address is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom