General questions/information about King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! Interesting. So I'm sure that QR speaks to the children in Arabic and KA speaks to them in English so they will be fluent in both. And I'm guessing QR and KA speak to each other in English.

I think this is true although Queen Noor had to learn Arabic as an adult and her arabic is better than Abdullah's.

Id never heard him before in arabic, but ive heard hamzah and ali, but i can not tell between good and bad lol, so i wonder if his younger brothers are better in fluent?

Did King Abdullah speak mostly English while growing up?

Yes he did but he had arabic tutors

Hallo dear Moderators of the royal jordanian forum. Let me thank you again for the wonderful reports and pictures of the royal family. Iam a big fan of Queen Rania. She does a great job for her country. And she gives a wonderful view to her country and culture. Meanwhile I am a huge fan of Jordan. It is a wonderful country and I am very interested in that old culture (Petra, etc.)And not to forget, I love to come to the forum and see the recent activities of their majesties. Thanks again

We are glad you enjoy the Forum Salamamina! :)
However you will soon see that the vast majority of information posted at our Board is by our members, not just Moderators. And so I join you in thinking all regulars of the Jordanian Forum, who make it an itneresting and enjoyable place to visit! :flowers:

Does anyone know where the family currently lives? I understood that they had an house in Amman, but have they moved into a palace at some point in time?

I am wondering....if the King wanted to, could he take another wife? Or more wives? Ie, a harem...?

A muslim man may only take another wife if he has the permission of his first wife. So, I find it highly unlikely that the King would do so.

all muslims men in muslims states can easily have another wife,cause all the laws in all arabic/muslims states allow it(exept Tunisia and Morocco)
so if King Abdulah decide/want to have others wives will be so easy to him,however i hardly,hardly think he will for some reasons:he have beautiful/elegant wife(who have big power in Jordan I don't think she will let it happen easily),have onather wife will not do any favors for the image of modern king/country he want to give so i don't think he will tak that risk.

The practice of polygamy is rare in Jordan (and seems to be concentrated in the rural areas as opposed to the urbanized cities).The last Jordanian royal who had more than one wife (at the same time) was King Abdullah I (died in 1951).

Muslim men can marry upto 4 women however there are strict conditions.

Firstly they must have the agreement of their first wife, if she does not agree a second marriage cannot take place. The same applies if there is more than one wife.

Secondly they may only do so on the basis that they can provide equally for all wives.

Thirdly the provision is only supposed to be used at times where there are many unmarried women. For example during early Islam there were many widows so the Prophet recommended multiple marriages because these women would then be free from abuse, exploitation etc.

Firstly they must have the agreement of their first wife, if she does not agree a second marriage cannot take place. The same applies if there is more than one wife.
not necessary Little_star even if in some laws they said so,if the man really want a second wife and the first one didn't agree the marriage take place no matter what,so the agreement of first wife is more moral than legal requirement that disrupt the second marriage.
as law woman i know what i am talking about here,I sudied law and I know about it in all arab countries.

:lol: for people who saw the tropic thunder movie does anyone know if it was qrania on cover with bono for vanity fare magazine? i think that was. its kind of funny to think of her with that movie (or any movie) but they did coverd the face. could it be she disproved or its just random?

And I want to know in which countries their children study in.

I am very keen about the Heights of Queen Rania and King Abdullah and four of their kids.
What are their heights?

I think Queen Rania is 5' 5" (165 cm)

Queen Rania's height is estimated from 5'5" (165 cm) to 5'9" (175 cm). Personally I think that 5'9" is way too tall, the more realistic figure is probably 5'6".

I have a question concerning the Line of Succession. I know there isn't one in Jordan as such and the Crown Prince can be chosen by the King among his sons or brothers. I also know that currently there is no Crown Prince in Jordan, although it is widely expected that the King will appoint his eldest son any day now. However, if something were to happen to King Abdullah before he appoints his heir, how the new Monarch would be chosen? Would Abdullah's brothers be favoured because both his sons are minors? Or would one (or more) of his brothers be appointed Regent until Hussein is of age?

From what I understand Prince Hussein is the Crown Prince, he just hasn't been publicly declared the CP.

Thank you White Princessa and Little_star. :flowers:
Since King Abdullah's eldest son is already his Heir in accordance with agnatic primogeniture, he doesn't have to name the Crown Prince at all, unless he wishes his younger son or one of his brothers/nephews to succeed him, which personally I find very unlikely.

I think a formal investure will be held this year or he'll wait him to get 18

What languages can Rania speaks? I read that she know a little french and spanish. And her childrens?

I dont know about Queen rania ...princess Iman speaks good arabic .. i watched her on jordan TV.

QRania speaks good Arabic and english,some reports mention that she have some knowledge in french too,but i am not sure about that i never heard her speaking french plus she needed a translator when she met with Rachida Dati a few months ago.

Yes I know she speaks very good english sure her childrens too. Prince Faisal speaks french perhaps the King too can speaks it.

I heard king abdullah speaking french at a dinner in Paris years ago .... he did not talk too much .. Only a small paragraph of 4 or 5 sentences and completed his speech in english.

I heard king abdullah speaking french at a dinner in Paris years ago .... he did not talk too much .. Only a small paragraph of 4 or 5 sentences and completed his speech in english.

He had a French nanny for a while as a boy. I heard that he understands French rather well, but is not very fluent in speaking the language himself.

I read in one of QR`s interviews years ago that cp Hussein likes to play a musical instrument Do you know what those musical instrument .. Do u know what is that musical instrument?

Back
Top Bottom