Engagement of Princess Iman and Jamil Alexander Thermiotis: July 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
The Royal Hashemite Court announced the engagment between Princess Iman and Jamil Alexander Thermiotis today, July 6:

** Photo ** Twitter post **

** rhc: Princess Iman engaged to Jameel Thermiotis **

The Royal Hashemite Court is pleased to announce the engagement of Her Royal Highness Princess Iman bint Abdullah II to Mr. Jameel Alexander Thermiotis, on Tuesday, 5 July 2022, in the presence of Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah, as well as Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah II, Prince Hashem bin Abdullah II, and Princess Salma bint Abdullah II, in addition to members of Mr. Thermiotis’ family.

The Royal Hashemite Court extends its sincere congratulations to Her Royal Highness Princess Iman and Mr. Thermiotis on this occasion and wishes them a lifetime of happiness.

Crown Prince Hussein shared a second photo:

** Pic **

Warmest congratulations to my dear sister Iman and to her fiancé Jameel on their engagement. I wish you a lifetime of happiness together.

Last edited:
This news is a surprise. Congratulations to newlyweds!

What is known about the family and CV of Jamil Alexander Termeuts?

Last edited by a moderator:
İs he a greek or something like that?

Wow! What a surprise.

Congratulations to the happy couple.

What a nice news! Congratulations and blessings to the couple :flowers:

That’s a nice noble match and they are good looking couple

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that Jameel is his Arabic name, and that the name he previously used is Jimmy Thermiotis. If it is him, he is an investor who lives in the United States, his family is Venezuelan, but his grandfather was of Greek origin.

https://www.datanyze.com/people/Jimmy-Thermiotis/2651115056

I think its him. According to Jordanian media Mr. Thermions was born in Caracas, Venezuela, in 1994, and is of Greek descent.
He holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and works in the financial services sector in New York City.

Wonderful news!!! Congratulations to the couple!!!

Queen Rania:

"Congratulations my dearest Iman; your smile has always been a gift of love that I’ve cherished since the day you were born. I wish you and Jameel a life filled with love and laughter!"

Woooooooowwwww!

I completely, completely didn't expect such a news!:eek::eek::eek:

Even when I saw a name "Iman" I was at first moment sure it's her half-aunt, Princess Iman bint Hussein, who is making a new life after a divorce five years ago (as I wish her from all my heart).

Anyway - congrats, congrats, CONGRATS!:rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::heartflower::heartflower:????

Last edited:
Congrats, Princess Iman and Jameel! I wish you two good luck on the wedding and your lives afterwards! ?

Congratulations and continued health and happiness to your future. What a handsome couple. Blessings

I think its him. According to Jordanian media Mr. Thermions was born in Caracas, Venezuela, in 1994, and is of Greek descent.
He holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and works in the financial services sector in New York City.
The change of name indicates that Mr Thermiotis has converted to Islam. This is in line with the Islam custom that Muslim women can't marry members of another religion. I highly doubt that a sharifa of the House of Hashim would be allowed to marry outside of her faith, but is there a legal requirement that members of the house needs the permission of the King to marry?

Looks like Jimmy deleted his LinkedIn-account... The link on Datanyze is no longer active.

The change of name indicates that Mr Thermiotis has converted to Islam. This is in line with the Islam custom that Muslim women can't marry members of another religion. I highly doubt that a sharifa of the House of Hashim would be allowed to marry outside of her faith, but is there a legal requirement that members of the house needs the permission of the King to marry?

According to the Royal Family Law of 1937 (Article 6), members of the royal family who wish to marry must obtain a permission from His Majesty the King. Once the permission is issued, the Prime Minister shall record it in a special register and inform the concerned royal family member in writing.

BTW, King Abdullah II used the same legislation to restrict the movements of Prince Hamzah. I am not sure if the articles related to the personal lives and finances of members of the royal family are applicable or not:ermm:

Last edited:
According the Royal Family Law of 1937 (Article 6), members of the royal family who wish to marry must obtain a permission from His Majesty the King. Once the permission is issued, the Prime Minister shall record it in a special register and inform the concerned royal family member in writing.

BTW, King Abdullah II used the same legislation to restrict the movements of Prince Hamzah. I am not sure if the articles related to the personal lives and finances of members of the royal family are applicable or not:ermm:
Thank you so much! Do you have a link to the Royal family law?

Thank you so much! Do you have a link to the Royal family law?

It was recently linked in the thread about prince Hamzah, you might want to take a look there.

Do you think we will get to know their wedding date in advance?

Do you think we will get to know their wedding date in advance?

Well, I think so. Iman is the King & Queen’s first children to get married.

According to the Royal Family Law of 1937 (Article 6), members of the royal family who wish to marry must obtain a permission from His Majesty the King. Once the permission is issued, the Prime Minister shall record it in a special register and inform the concerned royal family member in writing.

So if the King had given his permission his daughter to marry outside of her faith, a simple civil wedding would be acceptable? Or it would be a huge scandal?

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

There is already more information about the groom's family.
Jameel's name is actually Jimmy Alexander Thermiotis Hernandez. He is of Greek descent on his father's side, but was born in Caracas, Venezuela, in 1994.
Jameel is known as Jimmy, as is his grandfather, who was called Jimmy Thermiotis, a Venezuelan financier who passed away in 2018 and was well known among Venezuela's elites.
Jameel Alexander is the product of the marriage between Alejandro Thermiotis and Corina Hernández, and has two brothers, Alexia and Alejandro. He belongs to a wealthy Venezuelan family, since the grandfather of Imán's fiancé managed the Dior franchise in Venezuela.
Jameel, who turns 28 this year and has studied Business Administration at Florida International University. He currently works in finance, as he is a managing partner of venture capital in New York, where he resides.
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...is-prometio-iman-jordania-venezolano_3456807/

So will they move to New York sfter the wedding?

Congratulations! This news came as a pleasant surprise. I expected to hear news about an engagement for the brother.

So if the King had given his permission his daughter to marry outside of her faith, a simple civil wedding would be acceptable? Or it would be a huge scandal?

As in many countries where personal status laws are formulated in accordance with Islamic religious law, such a marriage would not be legally valid in Jordan.

https://www.state.gov/wp-content/up...21-INTERNATIONAL-RELIGIOUS-FREEDOM-REPORT.pdf

"According to the PSL [Personal Status Law], in accordance with its interpretation of sharia, marriages between a Muslim woman and a non-Muslim man are not permitted; the man must convert to Islam for the marriage to be considered legal."​

So, she should have converted to a different religion to be able to marry him had he not been willing to conceded to her family's wish/requirement to formally convert to Islam. Or is that also not allowed for Muslim women in Jordan?

So, she should have converted to a different religion to be able to marry him had he not been willing to conceded to her family's wish/requirement to formally convert to Islam. Or is that also not allowed for Muslim women in Jordan?

The report seems to be saying that her hypothetical conversion would not be recognized for the purposes of civil status (including marriage), so the marriage would remain legally invalid.

The constitution does not address the right to convert to another faith, nor are there penalties under civil law for doing so. The constitution and the law, however, allow sharia courts to determine civil status affairs for Muslims; these courts do not recognize converts from Islam to other religions. Under sharia, converts from Islam and their children are still considered Muslims and are subject to sharia but are regarded as apostates. Neither the penal code nor the criminal code specifies a penalty for apostasy. Sharia courts, however, have jurisdiction over marriage, divorce, and inheritance, and individuals declared to be apostates may have their marriages annulled or be disinherited, except in the case of a will that states otherwise. Any member of society may file an apostasy complaint against such individuals before the Sharia Public Prosecution. The Sharia Public Prosecution consults with the Council of Church Leaders (CCL), a government advisory body comprising the heads of the country’s 11 officially recognized Christian denominations, before converting a Christian to Islam to make sure the conversion is based on religious conviction and not for purposes of marriage and/or divorce.

Do you think they may marry still in 2022?

Back
Top Bottom