The Bodyguard

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna23

Courtier
We see him all the time. If there's a new pic of Rania in Petra, well, you can be sure to see him in the pic as well - two steps behind. He is with her in Jordan, abroad, in villages and at top-notch banquets.

Here is my question: Who is this man?
I know from a pic that his name is Naeem. Rania was attending a banquet in Italy and there were name cards for everyone and there was one for him as well. But does anyone know anything more about him? And isn't it unusual to have such a prominent bodyguard - i.e. it's the same guy all the time? And am I the only one who has noticed this?

no, ive noticed him too, all the time. i even saw him in a picture sitting behind her on a plane. by the way, does the royal family have their own plane, or do they use the government one? and is it like the top notch luxurious plane like Oprah's?

Having just looked through the recent pictures of Queen Rania, I think I know the man you are refering to.
It does seem odd that she would have the same bodyguard but maybe he's part of a team and the others tend to keep out of the spotlight.

Ya, he's her bodyguard and he has been since she became queen, I'm sure he's admiring his job:D
and yes I have read in many places that she does have her own jet, I even heard it on TV "Jordan's jet queen":p

Last edited:
Yes, Queen Rania has her own personal 'Challenger' jet.

There is also a lady who is African I think. She is Her Majesty's bodyguard also. When the Queen was in Mecca in October last year, this lady was beside her praying too, so she is Muslim. I have seen this lady often around the Queen since 2003. She has 2 very prominent protection officers.

That makes sense that she would have a female security officer, after all there will be some places her male bodyguards may not be permitted to go.

I can remember reading Princess Beatrice's article in Tatler and she talked about her security guards and how she'd known them for years and they were like family.
I'd never consdiered that aspect before but it must be the same for Rania, as she appears to have the same bodyguard for a while.

Little_star said:
Having just looked through the recent pictures of Queen Rania, I think I know the man you are refering to.
It does seem odd that she would have the same bodyguard but maybe he's part of a team and the others tend to keep out of the spotlight.

He most be the visible one since he has to remain close to her, but I bet there is an army of bodyguards, male and female, surrounding her at all times and from a distance. These ones are the ones keeping an eye on whovever is keeping an eye on the Queen during a public event.

I've seen photos of the bodyguard used by Letizia and Felipe and he looks like a body double for Felipe. Same height, same body shape. And he is always close to the Princess in case a person from a distance tries to do something. From behind he and Felipe look the same.

This bodyguard thread reminds me of the tragedy with President Indira Ghandhi who met her end at the hands of her bodyguards. So, I assume that Rania, as many other public figures, has someone also keeping an eye on the bodyguard too.
Scary times we live in these days.

Toledo said:
He most be the visible one since he has to remain close to her, but I bet there is an army of bodyguards, male and female, surrounding her at all times and from a distance. These ones are the ones keeping an eye on whovever is keeping an eye on the Queen during a public event.

I've seen photos of the bodyguard used by Letizia and Felipe and he looks like a body double for Felipe. Same height, same body shape. And he is always close to the Princess in case a person from a distance tries to do something. From behind he and Felipe look the same.

This bodyguard thread reminds me of the tragedy with President Indira Ghandhi who met her end at the hands of her bodyguards. So, I assume that Rania, as many other public figures, has someone also keeping an eye on the bodyguard too.
Scary times we live in these days.

Very true, Toledo. I think most famous figures these days, especially Royals and leaders will have a team of of security agents surrounding them at all times.

madonna23 said:
We see him all the time. If there's a new pic of Rania in Petra, well, you can be sure to see him in the pic as well - two steps behind. He is with her in Jordan, abroad, in villages and at top-notch banquets.

Here is my question: Who is this man?
I know from a pic that his name is Naeem. Rania was attending a banquet in Italy and there were name cards for everyone and there was one for him as well. But does anyone know anything more about him? And isn't it unusual to have such a prominent bodyguard - i.e. it's the same guy all the time? And am I the only one who has noticed this?

no, you are not the only one who has noticed him, in fact when i accidently met queen rania just over a year ago while shopping, it was the face of this very man which made me sure that the lady browsing the store is queen rania!

I think he is the very tall, maybe 30-40 something guy that I've seen to appear near her in the pictures where she is greeting the public. He is never close to her on family pictures or when she is in a seated activity where she is required to speak on a microphone.

I wonder if it would be appropiate to even post his picture here? After all, he is there to protect her and not to become the focus of attention himself.

i think it is okay to post his pic. most of us know who he is. in fact, he is so obvious it is kind of funny. he's the same guy over and over.

i just kind of feel sorry for him because i imagine he doesn't have a wife/kids or anyting because he is with rania 24/7. if he does have family, i don't think he gets to spend too much time with them.

Not to mention he is always there to take a bullet for her! Being a bodyguard is like having a death wish.

Last edited:
why does she need her bodygaurd in secure buildings???

snow said:
no, you are not the only one who has noticed him, in fact when i accidently met queen rania just over a year ago while shopping, it was the face of this very man which made me sure that the lady browsing the store is queen rania!

I think it's funny when a bodyguard is recognized before the person they are protecting! Don't you think it's sad that people even need to employ such people?

ZZZ said:
why does she need her bodygaurd in secure buildings???

Because history has shown that buildings aren't always secured despite what some might say or think.:cool:

I saw on a TV report about the secret service and bodygaurds. The bodygaurds protect them from fans also, sometimes people wont let the person get away, or shakes their hands to hard and wont let go, or wants a hug but doesn't ask... they said that most of the time they have to protect them from excited supporters.

sommone said:
Because history has shown that buildings aren't always secured despite what some might say or think.:cool:

i would post the picture, but it is hard to find on the link and people wont bother. but it was in a secure building, there were military placed inside (official jordanian military personal) and it was for a confrenece or summit on something about women. it was being held in jordan. there were other royals there.

to bring in your personnel bodygaurd to a function held in secure building, in your country, says something about the security or about her own security issues.

Well considering that Abdullah has been targeted as a possible victim by extremists it's the reponsiblity of every major Jordanian Royal to have security with them at all times.

Ariel Sharon was always surrounded by security even during Cabinet meetings. In a volatile region you cannot take any chances.

Little_star said:
Well considering that Abdullah has been targeted as a possible victim by extremists it's the reponsiblity of every major Jordanian Royal to have security with them at all times.

Ariel Sharon was always surrounded by security even during Cabinet meetings. In a volatile region you cannot take any chances.

jordan is not israel and the queen is not sharon (a person hated by jews and muslims alike, a person who runs a country, the queen does not).

i understand when she has it when she is out and about - but not in a jordanian secure facility where there are other first ladies. having the bodygaurd stuck to her, more than he does when she is in public is questionable.....

I agree. KH was constantly targeted. It was brought to light, at least I only recently found out, that Abdullah was also being targeted...There has already been at least one known attempt while the family was on vacation. Rania, being Abdullah's wife, can't take any chances. It only takes a split second for something to happen, and if not for the closeness of her bodyguard, it could be fatal. Even with the bodyguard, it could be fatal.

I am happy that she takes her bodygurad with her to any where because no one could knows what will happen .

ZZZ said:
i would post the picture, but it is hard to find on the link and people wont bother. but it was in a secure building, there were military placed inside (official jordanian military personal) and it was for a confrenece or summit on something about women. it was being held in jordan. there were other royals there.

to bring in your personnel bodygaurd to a function held in secure building, in your country, says something about the security or about her own security issues.

The United States Pentagon was a secure building. Anything can be used as a weapon...an ink pen, phone cord.... you name it.

Queen Rania has said on several occasions that security is a necessary part of life and you have to learn to adjust to it--and that sometimes they have to learn to adjust to what the person they are guarding wants to do. I'm paraphrasing but she said something to the effect when talking about the importance to her of giving her chidren some sense of normalcy by picking them up at school "if you do it often enough, it becomes acceptable." I don't know if that has changed over the years. I'd never really noticed the male bodyguard but did notice the female bodyguard and thought that made a lot of sense. Perhaps, given Queen Rania's desire for as much normalcy as she can have in her role without compromising safety, she likes having the same team around her. Gives a sense of continuity and I would imagine after a time they would make her feel more comfortable than an ever-changing group of bodyguards would. It is sad that such security is a necessity but in these times one can't be too careful, wherever one is--particularly in a high profile position. I assume the children have security as well but have really never noticed them in photos. It's a fine line making sure they are protected without feeling isolated because of the presence of bodyguards.

So, does anyone have a photo of him near her? Or can someone direct me to a photo?

you can see him in practically every event - in most pictures, he is right behind her both in jordan and overseas.

when they were in majorca, and rania was jogging, there is even a pic of him handing her water; and in jordan, what must have been embarressing for him, he had to hold her purse while she walked to the driver's seat of her car.

Back
Top Bottom