Birth of Prince Hashem: January 30, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kinneret5764

Aristocracy
Country
United States
Here's the new prince, Hashem bin Abdullah:

Attachments

• hash1.jpg
    hash1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 5,003
  • hash2.jpg
    hash2.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 3,356
  • hash3.jpg
    hash3.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 3,563
  • hash4.jpg
    hash4.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 3,387
Thanks for the pictures ...so great :)

Yes congratulations to King Abdullah and Queen Rania. I think many of us knew it would be a boy. The name Hashem was kind of unexpected but still its a good surprise.

QN must be wondering to herself. Two of her four kids, and two of KA's four kids have the same names. Let's hope that there isn't a CP situation between P Al-Hussein and "Baby Hash"

bigger pics

Attachments

• 5a.jpg
    5a.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 731
  • 5b.jpg
    5b.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 983
Wow..he's adorable. He was born on KA birthday wasn't he?

he's so cute,what does his name mean?I think Hashem was the prohet's great grand father,right?

cute_girl said:
he's so cute,what does his name mean?I think Hashem was the prohet's great grand father,right?

I thought at first that he was named after Queen Noor's son Hashem, but then I read several online news articles which mentioned that he's named after the Prophet's grand father, after whom the Hashemite Dynasty is named.

Thank you all for the lovely photos and infromative details regarding the little Prince's name. I always enjoy Jordanian RF's family photos, since their children are truly adorable and both QR and KA seem to be very loving and caring parents, so seeing them together always makes such a nice picture. The new born Prince Hashem is cutie, just like his sister Salma was as a baby. Indeed, congratulations to JRF and best wishes for baby Hashem.

Who is holding the new baby in the third picture?

if u look closely at the baby you'll see that he looks like his father,don't u guys think?

mahawi said:
if u look closely at the baby you'll see that he looks like his father,don't u guys think?

I was thinking the same thing but maybe its too early to tell. I thought P Salma looked like KA when she was born; but she's now the spitting image of her mother. Wouldn't be strange? KA has a son born on his own birthday and the kid looks just like him?

Rania looks better now.Hope she dosnt become as thin as she use to be, it was horrible.The baby looks really cute

marezdote said:
Who is holding the new baby in the third picture?

That's Minister of Awqaf and Religious affairs Ahmad Heleil reciting the call to prayer in the baby's ear according to Islamic custom

~*~Humera~*~ said:
bigger pics
he looks more like KA .. yes the feature will change after sometimes, I just wonder how queen Rania managed to keep her body well, even at the end of her pregnancy/immediately after birth, nothing seems to be 'flabby' anywhere ??? Pheewwww!

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I thought at first that he was named after Queen Noor's son Hashem, but then I read several online news articles which mentioned that he's named after the Prophet's grand father, after whom the Hashemite Dynasty is named.

I assumed the same thing.

BOLK said:
he looks more like KA .. yes the feature will change after sometimes, I just wonder how queen Rania managed to keep her body well, even at the end of her pregnancy/immediately after birth, nothing seems to be 'flabby' anywhere ??? Pheewwww!

Although I have never seen any pictures of her parents...I was thinking maybe she has good genes...Not every woman, after giving birth, is blessed with the ability to have their bodies bounce back. Who knows...maybe she exercised some during her pregnancies as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
like most of stars she certainly has one or maybe a team!!!!! of nutritionists that gives her advice to stay slim

cute_girl said:
like most of stars she certainly has one or maybe a team!!!!! of nutritionists that gives her advice to stay slim

Yes, well that is a possibilty too.

It's great news! Better than--I think it was Princess Raiyah's birthday falling on day of KH's death. I always thought that sad. Was it a normal delivery or C section? Have they all been natural or did Rania ever experience a difficulty and have to have a section?
kinneret5764 said:
I was thinking the same thing but maybe its too early to tell. I thought P Salma looked like KA when she was born; but she's now the spitting image of her mother. Wouldn't be strange? KA has a son born on his own birthday and the kid looks just like him?

You are correct. QR maintained an unbelievable schedule throughout pregnancy--even participating in run/walk for charity early on. She is a runner and believes in staying fit--even during pregnancies. And, yes, some women--even w/o such a regimen--bounce back and are into normal clothes very quickly. My good friend here did have to watch her diet as she had gestational diabetes...but gained 50 pounds and was into size 6 jeans within 5 weeks of giving birth w/o any exercise!!!! I'm jealous; the usual thought is it will be a year before everything is back to normal. I'm so happy the baby looks great and has been pronounced healthy--and QR too!
sommone said:
Although I have never seen any pictures of her parents...I was thinking maybe she has good genes...Not every woman, after giving birth, is blessed with the ability to have their bodies bounce back. Who knows...maybe she exercised some during her pregnancies as well.

Do children have "godparents?"

Very interesting! The official naming ceremony is done by the King...correct? I was just curious as QN had mentioned something about it but I didn't understand who did what and when?

Another question: Do the children have "godparents" or the equivalent? I have never read anything on this issue and have studied a bit regarding Islamic traditions but this was not mentioned. Does anyone know?

Thank you!

Mary Shawn
~*~Humera~*~ said:
That's Minister of Awqaf and Religious affairs Ahmad Heleil reciting the call to prayer in the baby's ear according to Islamic custom

maryshawn said:
Interesting! The King presides over "naming" ceremony, right?

Do the children have "godparents" or the equivalent? I have read a bit on islamic tradition but could not find this....and was curious. Does anyone know?

Thank you!

no godparents aren't part of Islamic tradition.
And you're question about whether Rania had a C-section, i dont know much about that sort of thing but the picture of Rania with the baby was taken the day after she gave birth. I'd assume that means she had a normal delivery. Unless she was strong enough after the surgery to get up and have her picture taken.

Many women do excercise during their pregnancy but they cant do anything too rigorous and certainly not close to the time of giving birth. I remember hearing that Julia Roberts was doing pilates during her pregnancy but was advised by her doctor to stop doing it. So I dont think that Rania was working out too much. Also, if you look at pictures of her when she was expecting Salma, she had a rounder face and was more chubbier compared to this time. I guess how much weight a woman gains varies from one pregnancy to another.

Last edited:
Besides all the good points mentioned here (weight gain during pregnancy, exercising, diet, natural body shape or type, etc.), rapid and immediate weight loss following the birth of a baby can also have a lot to do with water retention. Some women gain a lot of weight during their pregnancy but sometimes it is really water weight rather than actual pounds. If it's mainly water weight gain, post-delivery women loose the weight very quickly.

A friend gained 32 pounds during her pregnancy (which is normal -- you're supposed to gain 30-35 pounds). Her son was born two weeks early and weighed 6 pounds. Two days after the delivery she had lost 25 pounds without lifting a single dumb bell or putting on her running shoes -- all because she was heavily swollen during her pregnancy and had retained a lot of water.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Yes congratulations to King Abdullah and Queen Rania. I think many of us knew it would be a boy. The name Hashem was kind of unexpected but still its a good surprise.

It would be even more unexpected if they'd named him Hamzah. Hehe :p

Excellent point! No, she would be unusual if she were strong enough to go through surgery and be well enough to pose the next day. She looks great. The water weight point is a good one, too......I lost 30 pounds just in water weight after delivery as I had toxemia. That only left 40 more!!!!! Ugh!
~*~Humera~*~ said:
no godparents aren't part of Islamic tradition.
And you're question about whether Rania had a C-section, i dont know much about that sort of thing but the picture of Rania with the baby was taken the day after she gave birth. I'd assume that means she had a normal delivery. Unless she was strong enough after the surgery to get up and have her picture taken.

Has QR left hospital yet? Im suprised there hasnt been more pics to mark this birth, i wonder why. There was more pics taken when P.Salma was born. I would love to see a family pic with all the children.

This week's issue of Hello Magazine has an article on QR and KA and the birth of baby hashem, i cant wait to see it, i hope there is more pics

kinneret5764 said:
Looks like he's got blue eyes like his dad.

Hi there,

This is what I thought abt this.... When I read hello magazine, I saw the picture of baby Prince Hashem look like got blue eyes color like his daddy King Abdullah....

So adoreable picture!

Prince Hashem look alot like Princess Salma when she was a baby....

:)

Back
Top Bottom