Prince Philip admitted to hospital
On February 18, Prince Philip was admitted to hospital “as a precautionary measure” according to Buckingham Palace.
The 99 year-old Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital in London as per his doctor’s advice, after he had been suffering from an illness not related to Coronavirus for the past few days.
Prince Philip is allegedly in “good spirits” and will remain at the hospital for several days under observation. The queen is staying at Windsor Castle, where she and her husband moved during lockdown with a small number of staff.
Prince Philip has been admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital on a number of occasions, most recently in December 2019 to have a “pre-existing condition” treated.
Filed under The United Kingdom
Buckingham Palace says the Duke of Edinburgh has been admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital in London.
A palace spokesperson says it's "a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness's Doctor, after feeling unwell".
— Sky News (@SkyNews) February 17, 2021
Tagged Duke of Edinburgh, Health.