The Crown Princess of Denmark At 46: Her Best Chapeaus
The future Queen of Denmark celebrates her forty-sixth birthday today, February 5th, and in honour, we have compiled a list of what we feel are the best five hats Mary has in her vast millinery wardrobe.
Share your thoughts in the comments!
5. Coming from the collection of one of Mary’s favourite milliners, Susanne Juul, this black hat featuring a straw brim and tall wool crown with two decorative feathers has been oft repeated since it was first worn in September 2006. The Princess also owns this hat in purple.
4. Everyone loves some good Philip Treacy headgear, and this cream and navy wool number (with a tied ribbon around the crown and a slightly raised brim on one side) falls squarely into that category!
3. This burnt orange straw hat with a wide, floppy brim and brown swirl trim was worn by the-then Mary Donaldson the day before she married her Prince, for a reception at the Danish Parliament. New to the royal hat scene, Mary failed to anchor this chapeau with a hat pin, allowing it to make a break for it when the first gust of wind whipped up!
2. An elegant black picture hat with upturned brim and a cream floral spray was the Crown Princess’s choice for the christening of Sweden’s Prince Oscar in May 2017. Purple and cream versions can also be found in Mary’s closet.
1. One of the few red pieces Mary has in her hat closet is this Philip Treacy number that she debuted in her first year of marriage, and has been in semi-regular rotation since. It features an angled crown and small brim, with the signature Treacy bow on the side.Filed under Denmark
Tagged Birthday, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, Fashion, Hats.