The Duchess of Cambridge At 36: Her Best Chapeaus
The Duchess of Cambridge today turns thirty-six years old, and as we did last year with her Top Five Fashion Moments, to mark this birthday we are ranking the top five hats the pregnant Catherine has in her wardrobe.
Share your thoughts in the comments!
5. For the wedding of her sister, Pippa Middleton, to James Matthews in May 2017, Catherine wore a bespoke Jane Taylor percher hat featuring a silk rose and twist ribbons in the palest of blush pinks, to match her Alexander McQueen frock.
4. Travelling on the London Underground with the Queen in March 2013, the Duchess paired her teal By Malene Birger coat with a black velour hat from Whiteley that features a twirl ribbon and feather.
3. A percher hat from Lock & Co was the Duchess’s choice as she embarked on a royal tour of Canada in September 2016. The piece in a striking azure blue featured maple leaves, the Canadian national emblem, and loops in felt.
2. For the 2016 Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey, Catherine selected a light grey felt hat from John Boyd with an upturned brim and silk sash around the crown to match her Erdem coat.
1. The top spot on our list goes to the pale pink chapeau Catherine wore for Trooping the Colour in 2016. Coming from legendary milliner Philip Treacy, this saucer-style hat has a pair of silk roses underneath the brim as the main design feature.Filed under The United Kingdom
Tagged Birthday, Hats, The Duchess of Cambridge.