Princess Madeleine of Sweden At 35: Her Top Five Fashion Moments
Sweden’s Princess Madeleine today celebrates her thirty-fifth birthday. Her fashion choices over the years she has been undertaking royal engagements have been influenced by their time period (like the multitude of shiny satin evening gowns she and her sister Victoria wore in the mid-2000s), but in recent years, Madeleine has really hit her fashion stride.
5. The fact she was literally days away from giving birth did nothing to take away from Princess Madeleine bringing out her best for her brother Prince Carl Philip’s June 2015 wedding (Prince Nicolas made his debut less than 48hrs after this photo was taken). Her dusty rose Elie Saab gown with cape-like sleeves and a beaded bodice was paired with the Modern Fringe Tiara and the diamond Vasa Earrings for an ethereal look.
4. The blush pink of Madeleine’s outfit for her nephew Oscar’s christening in May 2016 was a lovely backdrop for the exaggerated bell sleeves on her Roksanda Ilincic dress, which she paired with a matching flower and netting headpiece and diamond drop earrings from the royal vaults.
3. In October 2015, Princess Madeleine selected a Valentino dress in golds, blues, greens and deep berry shades for her son Nicolas’s christening. The print on the dress created the intriguing effect of layered feathers. She also wore a mulberry-toned Philip Treacy headpiece and matching pumps, and small pearl drop earrings.
2. For the most recent Nobel Prize Ceremony, the Princess had this glorious soft pink (Madeleine definitely knows what colours work for her!) creation made by Fadi El Khoury. Paired with the Connaught Diamond Tiara and pearl drop earrings, the dress’s rose-adorned skirt and sheer full-length sleeves was the definition of a princess gown.
1. Madeleine’s 2015 Nobel Prize ceremony ensemble is our pick for her best fashion moment: it consisted of a custom grey evening gown from Fadi El Khoury that featured embellishments on the top layer of fabric, sheer full-length sleeves and a buttoned bodice. The Swedish Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara borrowed from her aunt Margaretha was the perfect selection, as are the softer up-dos the Princess has been constructing for tiara events in recent years.Filed under Sweden
Tagged Birthday, Fashion, Princess Madeleine of Sweden.