The Queen of The Netherlands At 46: Her Top Five Fashion Moments
The exuberant Queen Máxima of the Netherlands today celebrates her 46th birthday. The subject of today’s Top Five Fashion Moments post is well-known for both her fashion hits and her fashion misses: when Máxima gets it right, she gets. it. right. But when she gets it wrong? It makes you wonder if there’s a mirror at Villa Eikenhorst.
Luckily for us, we’re all about the positives on Her Majesty’s birthday – and there has been many positives to choose from since she became Queen!
5. One of many custom Jan Taminiau ensembles in Queen Máxima’s closet is this navy blue and ochre striped dress and matching ombre cape that she wore for this year’s Koningsdag celebrations. A small smocked silk crepe and georgette organza in navy blue, and ochre-toned accessories complemented the look.
4. It wouldn’t be a Máxima fashion countdown if there wasn’t something completely over-the-top, now would it? This Natan mustard and grey ensemble, paired with a flamboyant pheasant feather chapeau and gold and diamond jewels, worn to the October 2012 wedding of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg to Countess Stephanie de Lannoy was just enough over-the-top to work.
3. For the 2015 wedding of Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Miss Sofia Hellqvist, the Queen repeated the burgundy lace Jan Taminiau evening gown first seen during her husband’s inauguration festivities. The cut of the gown suits Máxima’s body shape marvellously, with the small train giving it some Queenly oomph. The Mellerio Ruby Tiara, matching diamond and ruby jewels, and a small fan completed the look – which in this blogger’s opinion was better than the original wear!
2. Claes Iversen adds a little designer variety to the Queen’s closet with this bone-hued coat-style dress with panelled detailing, lace and beading elements that Máxima wore on a state visit to France in March 2016. She paired the dress with a tan straw hat with an up-turned brim from Fabienne Delvigne, tan pumps, gloves, clutch and a pair of drop earrings for a truly chic look whilst in the chicest city in the world.
1. After her Valentino wedding dress, this royal blue Jan Taminiau gown is the most important one in Queen Máxima’s vast wardrobe. Made from crepe and chiffon, the gown features embroidered embellishments on the bodice, sleeves and hemline. A matching floor-length cape elevated the gown to one befitting an inauguration. The sparkling Mellerio Sapphire Tiara was the perfect jewel selection for the gown.Filed under The Netherlands
Tagged Birthday, Fashion, Queen Máxima of the Netherlands.