The Crown Princess of Denmark at 45: Her Top Five Fashion Moments
Australian-born Crown Princess Mary of Denmark today celebrates her 45th birthday. Since her 2004 marriage, she has been known for not being afraid to take a fashion risk (though this blogger much prefers it when Mary follows the ‘less is more’ strategy!). Let’s take a look at her best fashion moments over the past 13 years…
5. Celebrating her husband’s 40th birthday in May 2008, Mary wore this orange sequinned dress from Matthew Williamson. The glittering heels and beaded clutch provided the right amount of accessorising for the busy pattern on the dress.
4. During celebrations of the Danish Royal Lifeguards’ 350th anniversary in June 2008, the Crown Princess wore this perfect ensemble of a vibrant purple coat with decorative waist-tie over a simple cream sheath dress, accessorised with pearls and a purple Susanne Juul picture hat.
3. This simple chic ensemble of a cream A-line coat dress paired with beige accessories and a navy and beige Philip Treacy hat for the March 2012 visit of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall is my favourite daytime outfit of Mary’s.
2. The annual New Year’s Courts typically see front-runners for Mary’s ‘outfit of the year’ – this silver Julie Fagerholt evening gown with a patterned fabric, complete with matching bolero jacket, has made several appearances since its debut in 2008. The above photograph shows its 2013 outing, worn with Mary’s diamond and pearl wedding earrings.
1. This burgundy velvet evening gown from Birgit Hallstein began its life in 2007 as a maternity gown, it is seen here in its altered state at the 2012 New Year’s Court for the Order of Elephant. The Crown Princess paired the gown with pieces from Queen Ingrid’s diamond and ruby parure, along with the chain of the Order of Elephant.Filed under Denmark
Tagged Birthday, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, Fashion.