Queen Mathilde at 44: Her Top Five Fashion Moments
Belgium’s Queen Mathilde celebrates her 44th birthday today, so we’re taking a quick look at some of her best fashion moments…
5. For National Day in 2005, when she was pregnant with her third child, Mathilde chose a soft pink ensemble with trailing chiffon flowers over one shoulder – with a matching flower pinned to the back of her chignon.
4. A classic black and white combination is difficult to ruin, and this combination of tulle skirt and simple blouse the then-Princess Mathilde wore in July 2006 for the Grand Ducal Couple of Luxembourg’s silver wedding celebrations was not an exception to the rule.
3. In The Netherlands in April 2013 watching the first heir of their generation become reigning monarch, Mathilde wore a salmon pink floor-length dress with full sleeves and a boat neckline from her favourite designer, Natan, which she paired with a pale pink Fabienne Delvigne picture hat and diamond jewels.
2. When Mathilde arrived at the Élysée Palace in Paris with her husband for an introductory visit, it was immediately clear who was visiting – a Queen! Her pale pink custom Dior coat dress, featuring a full skirt and a large bow on the left shoulder, was the picture of elegance (particularly with her choice in accessories: a matching calot hat and pearl earrings).
1. Hosting the President of China during his March 2014 state visit, Queen Mathilde done a repeat gown from 2012 – a royal blue flowing evening dress with small off-the-shoulder sleeves. The colour of the dress gave a contrasting background to the purple of the Order of Leopold, while the bandeau of the diamond Nine Provinces Tiara provided the perfect amount of sparkle.Filed under Belgium
Tagged Birthday, Fashion, Queen Mathilde of the Belgians.