The King who never was (Il Principe) Netflix 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cdm

Heir Presumptive
City
België, Belgique
Country
Belgium
Last edited:
I really enjoyed this and thought Beatrice did an excellent job. I was expecting a hit piece, considering her personal history with the Savoy's, but she builds a great case allowing both sides to present their stories. The Savoy's do all the work themselves, rather easily, in making them look bad(and certainly guilty).

I was shocked to hear V.E. bring up the incident with Juan Carlos and saying something along the lines of that 'J.C. shot him, I know, I was there'.

I highly recommend this.

I really enjoyed this and thought Beatrice did an excellent job. I was expecting a hit piece, considering her personal history with the Savoy's, but she builds a great case allowing both sides to present their stories. The Savoy's do all the work themselves, rather easily, in making them look bad(and certainly guilty).

I was shocked to hear V.E. bring up the incident with Juan Carlos and saying something along the lines of that 'J.C. shot him, I know, I was there'.

I highly recommend this.
I completely agree with you about the documentary, I enjoyed it very much for the same reasons.
I also definitely didn't expect VE to bring up the tragic death of Juan Carlos' younger brother Alfonso, but, according to Beatrice, he repeated it several times towards the end of his interview and, in her opinion, it is an important piece of information to understand better his reaction and attitude throughout the whole Dirk Hamer's case. Basically, having witnessed as a teenager to a tragic incident which was covered-up very much influenced him in the way he handled his own case, many years later. Here's Beatrice's words about it in an italian article

https://www.huffingtonpost.it/life/...rio_inserirlo_lo_ha_detto_piu_volte-12667174/

When I heard Vittorio Emanuele talking about Juan Carlos at the end of the last episode, I wondered if Beatrice was planning a second season looking into that incident.

When I heard Vittorio Emanuele talking about Juan Carlos at the end of the last episode, I wondered if Beatrice was planning a second season looking into that incident.

I was thinking the same but it's unlikely. Going after a retired King and the father of a current King is different than going after a deposed royal. Plus I think she would have a very hard time getting anyone to talk about it.

I was thinking the same but it's unlikely. Going after a retired King and the father of a current King is different than going after a deposed royal. Plus I think she would have a very hard time getting anyone to talk about it.

True! It sounds like Vittorio-Emanuele and Emanuele-Filiberto were not too pleased with how this series came out. Unless they cooperate, another series would be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom