The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Countess Ruth af Rosenborg Jewellery (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/countess-ruth-af-rosenborg-jewellery-9862.html)

Hans 06-01-2006 02:48 PM

Countess Ruth af Rosenborg Jewellery

She has a very nice collection of tiaras.

Let's show some pictures

Hans 02-02-2007 10:27 AM

I was wondering of someone knows how many tiaras that Countess Ruth has... I think about 6-7,wich is a lot, more than every European Princess !!!

LadyK 02-02-2007 10:52 AM

Who is Countess Ruth of Roseburg?

Hans 02-03-2007 06:16 AM

Countess Ruth is the widow of Count Flemming of Rosenborg. Count Flemming was born Prince Flemming of Denmark, the son of Prince Axel of Denmark & Princess Margaretha of Sweden.

Margaretha was the sister of Queen Astrid of Belgium and Crown Princess Martha of Norway and Prince Carl Bernadotte.

I think she has 7 tiaras :wub:

Opal Tiara
Small Opal Tiara
Ruby Kokoshnik Tiara
Diamond Loop Tiara
Small Diamond Tiara
Lava Tiara
Turquoise Star Tiara

Warren 02-03-2007 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelD
who is Countess Ruth?

Countess Ruth af Rosenborg is the wife of the former Prince Flemming of Denmark. When they married in 1949 he renounced for himself and his descendants the title of Prince of Denmark and qualification of Highness and received the title of Count af Rosenborg. Count Flemming died in 2002.

Princes of Denmark who married "unequally" were demoted to Counts af Rosenborg until at least 1971.

Hans 02-21-2007 05:51 AM

I hope to see the whole bunch of Rosenborg tiaras at the party of King Harald:flowers:

colynsmomma 03-17-2008 02:22 AM

What is the website address?

Prince of Chota 03-25-2008 03:26 PM

Countess Ruth has 6-7 tiaras? I've only ever seen four at the most (including one of the few cameo tiaras). I also always thought that she had one tiara which could be altered to have different motifs along the top, meaning that I've really only ever seen her in three tiaras:
1) Diamond tiara with interchangeable motif
2) Kokoshnik Ruby (?) tiara
3) Cameo tiara

maria-olivia 06-29-2009 06:51 PM

At Prince and Princess Axel of Danemark's auction , Prince Flemming's heirs sold a tiara in glass-stone belonging to princess Margareta, the original never left their safe at the bank. It was sold +/- 350 euros.
Amoung the jewels some were copies and others like a brooch were diamants .
I hope the jewels belonging to Countess Ruth are really originals and not copies.
Countess Ruth inherited one or two tiaras belonging to the late Princess Viggo who had no children

Lord Rosebery 07-02-2009 03:59 PM

Maybe a picture!

Here I have maybe a picture of countess ruth of rosenborg.
http://pro.corbisimages.com/images/0000364861-003.jpg?size=67&uid={8c4c979a-ad4f-4fee-b896-b61093119ff4}
:previous::previous::previous::previous::previous::previous::previous::previous::previous::previous:

Lumutqueen 07-02-2009 04:26 PM

:previous::previous:
which one is Countess Ruth?
Love the purple dress on the left hand side. :flowers:

Lilla 07-02-2009 04:29 PM

She is standing behing Victoria and Silvia :flowers:

maria-olivia 07-02-2009 04:47 PM

Next to her, her husband the late Count Flemming of Rosenberg . Next them Prince Ingolf of Danemark , Prince Knud's eldest son with his second wife who wears the fringe tiara of Queen Alexandrine ??

Stefan 07-02-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 961047)
Next to her, her husband the late Count Flemming of Rosenberg . Next them Prince Ingolf of Danemark , Prince Knud's eldest son with his second wife who wears the fringe tiara of Queen Alexandrine ??

I think this is not the fringe tiara. It looks like the tiara which Ingolf's first wife the late Countess Inge used to wear.

Lumutqueen 07-02-2009 05:00 PM

:previous:
Ahh thank you Lilla and Marie_Olivia.
Does anybody know who the woman is in the purple dress?
:flowers:

maria-olivia 07-02-2009 05:07 PM

If you mean the lady behind the King of Sweden , it is Prince Ingolf of Danemark's second wife, I forgot her surname ( Suzy ??), but I'am sure Stefan knows it because his first wife was Inge.

Viv 07-02-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince of Chota (Post 745938)
Countess Ruth has 6-7 tiaras? I've only ever seen four at the most (including one of the few cameo tiaras). I also always thought that she had one tiara which could be altered to have different motifs along the top, meaning that I've really only ever seen her in three tiaras:
1) Diamond tiara with interchangeable motif
2) Kokoshnik Ruby (?) tiara
3) Cameo tiara

Countess Ruth also has an opal tiara, which she inherited from "Princess" Viggo. She (Ruth) had it changed if I remember correctly, but she doesn't wear it often.

I take it that the cameo tiara you're referring to is the one from the lava parure ?? :smile:

Viv

Stefan 07-03-2009 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 961069)
If you mean the lady behind the King of Sweden , it is Prince Ingolf of Danemark's second wife, I forgot her surname ( Suzy ??), but I'am sure Stefan knows it because his first wife was Inge.

Yes it is Countess Susie of Risenborg.

maria-olivia 07-03-2009 06:52 AM

I am sure Countess Ruth was at the Royal Dinner of Prince henrik's 75 birthday, such as Prince Knud's 3 children Elisabeth Ingolf and Christian , as minor royals no pictures about them. They surely wore huge tiaras much better than Mary's loan tiara..

rubies 07-03-2009 04:26 PM

The website for the danish jewels only seems to give tiara information. Is it still being worked on? It looks like it could be a great site when finished.