The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/)
-   -   Hasnat Khan (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/hasnat-khan-9685.html)

Duchess 05-15-2006 06:57 PM

Hasnat Khan

found in the People.co.uk site

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

i always liked this man because he is one of the few, if not the only one, that has never spoken to the media about his relationship with her.

Lamyah 05-15-2006 07:04 PM

wishing him the best.

Princejohnny25 05-15-2006 07:14 PM

I have always thought that it was he that Diana really loved when she died. I am glad that he has found happiness and I wish him good luck .

Christo's Girl 05-15-2006 07:18 PM

The best man that Diana ever had in her life. He respected her and loved her very much. But unfortunately it didn't work, was it Diana's fault, it has been said she was too possessive?

marakimou 05-15-2006 08:03 PM

Does anyone have a picture of Dr. Khan? I don't think I've seen one of him before. Thanks!

princess olga 05-15-2006 09:20 PM

Wow, I am surprised. For one, I swear I read somewhere a few years ago that Khan had agreed to some sort of arranged marriage. Did anyone else remember this/see this?

The other reaction I had, was : perhaps it is a lucky thing that Diana isn't around to hear this news. She would have been so devastated; this man might well have been the love of her life. It is said he broke it off with her over two things:
--the fact she was a spotlight hound, and he loathed publicity and the circus around her
--the fact his parents much opposed the union: Diana wasn't muslim, she was caucatian, and divorced to boot. They are said to haven't thought Diana a good match fr their son, princess or not.

After he (was said to have) broke up with Diana, she started that ill-fated fling with Dodi Fayed, some say to show Khan a lesson, to win him back..

Again, if Diana had still been with us, she would have had to witness Khan's marrying a much younger girl, who is Afghan royalty even!

Quoting from thepeople.co.uk:
"Dr Hasnat Khan, 46, wed stunning Hadia Sher Ali, 28 - a descendant of Afghan royalty - in a lavish ceremony in Jhelum, Pakistan."

Elspeth 05-15-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marakimou
Does anyone have a picture of Dr. Khan? I don't think I've seen one of him before. Thanks!

There's a couple here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/40205-post41.html

marakimou 05-15-2006 10:00 PM

Thanks! He's very good looking. It seems he also has class and didn't cash in on Diana's death, as others did.

Zonk 05-16-2006 08:27 AM

Well good for him...hopefully its a love match cause thats quite an age difference.

Seriously..if Camilla and Charles are entitled to some happiness, isn't he? And yes, its great that he has never spoken about his relationship with Diana. That shows some class and affection for her on his part IMO.

Little_star 05-16-2006 08:30 AM

The wedding was in Jhelum, well, not much to say to that really.

I hope the couple are happy together.

msleiman 05-16-2006 11:47 AM

I hope that they are very happy together. It seems like he is only one of a few people that was a true friend to the princess. I sure that she would be happy that he is finally finding happiness .

Squidgy 05-16-2006 07:48 PM

I think Diana showed a rare good judgement in men when she entered into a relationship with Hasnat. He does really seem like such a decent man - someone with a bit of integrity. I'm sure he could retire a rich man if he chose to sell his memoirs, but to his credit he is one of the few people in Diana's life who has chosen NOT to go that route.

I can't help wondering what path Diana's life would have taken if their relationship would have worked out???

Katemac63 05-17-2006 07:50 AM

I am happy for the doctor and his bride. I hope he is happy and they have a lasting loving relationship.:)

The gentleman never said a word about DIana to the press . He will always be remembered for that.:) :)

I think it was only James Hewitt that ever told his story.:mad: I don't recall any other of her male friends coming forward. Regarding Carling, I believe it was his wife the went to the press! I don't think there was anything between them anyway...:)

maryshawn 05-20-2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate Julie
I am happy for the doctor and his bride. I hope he is happy and they have a lasting loving relationship.:)

The gentleman never said a word about DIana to the press . He will always be remembered for that.:) :)

I think it was only James Hewitt that ever told his story.:mad: I don't recall any other of her male friends coming forward. Regarding Carling, I believe it was his wife the went to the press! I don't think there was anything between them anyway...:)

Julia Carling did indeed go to the media and made accusatory remarks about her husband's relationship with Princess Diana. Some said she did it as much to promote her own image as to get a bit of her own back with her husband.

I wish Hasnat Khan well. I respect him very much for never sharing a single thought about the late Princess with anyone. His behavior has been beyond reproach and I hope he has found happiness.

LOSSEAN 10-05-2006 08:21 PM

Congratulations to Hasnat Khan and his bride!!

dlws92 10-05-2006 08:26 PM

I hope he'll be very happy with his new wife.

Debby

iowabelle 10-07-2006 08:06 PM

Hasnat Khan must have been one of the most chivalrous men in her life.

IceBlack 01-23-2008 07:25 PM

Hasnat Khan: Diana's 'Mr. Wonderful' speaks

Heart surgeon Hasnat Khan speaks with ITN's Neil Connery, breaking his silence about his affair with Princess Diana.

YouTube - Diana's 'Mr. Wonderful' speaks

anbrida 01-23-2008 09:03 PM

IceBlack, welcome to the forum.:flowers:

HRH Abigail 01-23-2008 09:33 PM

Added to Favourites, in YT

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceBlack (Post 720543)
Heart surgeon Hasnat Khan speaks with ITN's Neil Connery, breaking his silence about his affair with Princess Diana.

YouTube - Diana's 'Mr. Wonderful' speaks

I added this Video to my favourites over in YT.

Thanks so much for this.

Very sad, to listen to ...