The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/crown-prince-frederik-and-crown-princess-mary-current-events-5-may-december-2006-a-9637.html)

Mandy 05-11-2006 03:32 PM

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006

Welcome to part 5 of Frederik's and Mary's current events where you can post current news, articles and pictures. The old thread can be found here.

Please read TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines, before posting.

Since there are specific threads for old pictures and to voice your opinions about Frederik and Mary, this thread is restricted to posting current events only.

Happy Posting!

Larzen 05-15-2006 10:22 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Frederik, Mary, Christian and John Donaldson at a horseshow in Bernstorffparken.
foto: AOP Denmark

bbb 05-15-2006 02:11 PM

please don't tell me fred is wearing a sweater vest!!!!!!!!! mary looks cute and casual but come on my dad's 87 and won't wear a sweater vest.

PreDoc 05-15-2006 02:17 PM

:eek:

I hope that bearded man who appears to be drinking a cocktail is not babysitting Prince Christian?

Her_Majesty 05-15-2006 02:26 PM

Oh great to see Christian being out with his parents. :)
are there any closeups of him?

MoonlightRhapsody 05-15-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PreDoc
:eek:

I hope that bearded man who appears to be drinking a cocktail is not babysitting Prince Christian?

Probably not babysitting, but spending time with his grandson. That's Prince Christian's grandfather, John Donaldson.

Larzen 05-16-2006 06:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
13.5.06 Frederik and Mary at a wedding in Funen, to someone called Olsen at a place called Holckenhavn
Mary is recyceling the Carolina Hererra dress from Japan, the Cardigan looks odd though

fotos taken by AOP denmark

antonieta 05-16-2006 07:35 AM

These dress itīs very beatiful, but that cardigan she must by a new one.

H.M. Margrethe 05-16-2006 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonieta
These dress itīs very beatiful, but that cardigan she must by a new one.

I think that the reason for Mary jusing the cardigan is because it is very chilly at the moment her in Denmark.
We all thougt that the danish summer had arivede with the warm and sunny dayes,but sadly it disappeared last Saturday:( :( :( :(

sm1939 05-16-2006 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
I think that the reason for Mary jusing the cardigan is because it is very chilly at the moment her in Denmark.
We all thougt that the danish summer had arivede with the warm and sunny dayes,but sadly it disappeared last Saturday:( :( :( :(

I know its chilly but surely she could of got a better jacket and colour than that! , she does look fab but the cardigan so doesnt go !

Ariel 05-16-2006 08:13 AM

That cardigan is out of place. It looks strange with that dress and next to her husband dressed like that.

I dont know what is the problem with Donaldson drinking a cocktail next to his grandson, ive seen tons of parents and grandparents drinking wine or cocktails next to their children. He is not alcoholic nor drunk and he is not giving alcohol to the infant. We dont even know if he is drinking alcohol or just a fruit juice.

Little_star 05-16-2006 11:12 AM

Isn't it customary for only the bride to wear white and for the guests to opt for other colours?

Alisa 05-16-2006 11:22 AM

She needed a slimmer fitting full length skirt in a rich emeral color similar to the skirt of this dress http://p.mii.instacontent.net/is.blu...300&height=300 and a nice formal shawl instead of that cardigan. I like her hair and make up though.

Waxxwing 05-16-2006 11:24 AM

I have to say I agree that the cargidan is a bit off with the elegant gown, which I like. A dressy shawl would have been far better. Not sure about the white - I have seen guests wear white at a wedding as long as it is set off by other colors. I like the gown - a different style for her.

Sira 05-16-2006 11:52 AM

CP Mary is an elegant woman but I don't understand why she wore the cardigan. It spoils everything.

Jo of Palatine 05-16-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sira
CP Mary is an elegant woman but I don't understand why she wore the cardigan. It spoils everything.

Maybe she arrived without a coat or something and some other guest lend her the cardigan as protection against the cold? In later photos it appears as if she never planned to wear the cardigan.

BeatrixFan 05-16-2006 12:36 PM

I don't think the cardigan looks bad at all but it would have looked better if it was white and not pink.

Jo of Palatine 05-16-2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I don't think the cardigan looks bad at all but it would have looked better if it was white and not pink.

That's my point. It's not the cardigan, but the colour. Maybe it is her cardigan but she came without a coat (or splashed something on her coat) and had that cardigan in the car? Or, as I said before, someone helped her out with it. It's not like Mary to combine this dress with such an cardigan - but as she obviously did it in fact, there must be a reason for it.

I'm absolutely convinced it was not meant to look that way.

sweettiara 05-16-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
13.5.06 Frederik and Mary at a wedding in Funen, to someone called Olsen at a place called Holckenhavn
Mary is recyceling the Carolina Hererra dress from Japan, the Cardigan looks odd though

fotos taken by AOP denmark

one of my favorites. didnt get much press the first time? very nice though.

RachelD 05-16-2006 02:33 PM

Hello everyone,

Any more photos of them at this wedding? Or in Japan wearing this same dress?