The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Which royal do you share your name with? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/which-royal-do-you-share-your-name-with-9234.html)

Shadiyah2086 03-23-2006 02:18 PM

Which royal do you share your name with?

I know that there are many people who are name for royals because their parents liked that particular royal. For example my friends was named after Princess Diana becasue she was born on the day Diana married Charles.

My name is Latisha which means joy and gladness in Latin. I share mine with Princess Letizia of Spain and Princess Leatitia-Maria of Belgium. (Although spelled differently)

Anyone else out there share they name with a royal?

mirrjam 03-23-2006 02:22 PM

no, I pity that. :(
I would love to have the name; mary. My name looks a little like that; mirjam. No actually it doesnt. it is totally different. :D

Princess_Beatrix 03-23-2006 02:27 PM

I share my name with Anne, Princess Royal.

*SofiaM* 03-23-2006 02:27 PM

My name is Sofia...my mum called me it obviously because she likes the name and she has always admired Queen Sofia. :) Personally I prefer the spelling Sophia.

Maxie 03-23-2006 02:28 PM

I'm an Elisabeth, so there are/have been so many royals with whom I share/shared my name! :)

pollyemma 03-23-2006 03:29 PM

I too share my name "Emma" with quite a number of royal and noble ladies... but I am most proud to share it with the great Queen Emma of Holland(nee waldeck-pyrmont) who raised the amazing Queen Juliana and is largely responsible for shaping the Dutch royal family into what it is today.

LaMinka 03-23-2006 03:49 PM

my name is Grace Mariella;) my mom have always loved Princess Grace.,, maybe the reason

LaChicaMadrilena 03-23-2006 04:54 PM

My name is Aleksandra, so I share it with Princess Alexandra of Danemark and with little daughter of Princess Caroline. There were also few other Alexandra-Queens and Princesses in the past, I think;)

Avalon 03-23-2006 05:49 PM

Well, my name is Diana, so I share my name with late Lady Diana and a few other royals.

magnik 03-23-2006 06:38 PM

My name is Agnieszka - Agnes.

I share my name with few ladies from the past like:
Agnes von Anhalt wife of Johann Herzog v. Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg and great-great-granaunt of Catherine II of Russia.
Few Agneses d'Anjou, d'Aquitaine (wifes of Henri III empereur Romain-Germanique, Ramiro I rey de Aragon, PierreI comte de Savoie, Ramiro II rey de Aragon), de Bourbon and de Bourgogne, von Habsburg (daughters of Rudolf I, Albrecht I), von Hessen, de Savoie, von Wurttemberg.
Agnes von Babenberg wife of Istvan III Arpad kin of Hungry etc.

Present: Agnes von Habsburg-Lothringen wife os Karl-Alfred, Prince von und zu Liechtenstein (1910-1985) brother of GD Franz Joseph II.

Jackswife 03-23-2006 06:51 PM

I share my name with all the variants of "Katherine" , but in the royals category I guess the closest match would be the agelessly lovely Duchess of Kent, the former Katherine Worsley. All the others (Ekaterina, Caterina, Catherine, etc) are also in with that but the Duchess and I share the same spelling.:)

enchantednights 03-23-2006 07:07 PM

my name is Diana so I obviously share mine with the late Princess Diana.

Juanita 03-23-2006 07:11 PM

My name is Joana. I share it with Joana, wife of Henrique IV of Castela; her daughter Joana, Princess of Castela; Juana (La Loca) Queen of Castela and Infanta Joana of Portugal.
I share it also with Jeanne d'Arc.

ladybelline 03-24-2006 08:42 AM

My name is Bénédicte Marie, so I share my name with both Queen Margrethe of Denmark'sister and her daughter-in-law!!:D

Lila Rose 03-24-2006 11:12 AM

my name is Sofie , so I share it with Queen Sofia of Spain

It's also one of Princess Louise of Belgium en Countess Eloise of the Netherlands middle names

liliawodna 03-24-2006 12:18 PM

And my name is Marta - just like the name of my favourite princess Martha Louise;)

Lizy 03-24-2006 12:27 PM

My names are Elizabeth and Catherine so that would be quite a few royals I share a name with!!

Piaa 03-25-2006 08:11 PM

My name is Olympia.........so I share with Maria-Olympia (well half of it anyway)

Sancia 03-26-2006 06:33 AM

My name is Marie, and I have Anne as third name. So I share it with lot of royals.

Margrethe II 03-26-2006 07:52 AM

I do not share my name with any royals...not one!

"MII"