The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Caroline and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f36/)
-   -   the casiraghi trio dating outside their race (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f36/the-casiraghi-trio-dating-outside-their-race-9144.html)

stephanie201985 03-13-2006 09:51 PM

the casiraghi trio dating outside their race
 
I was just wondering is it allowed?
will they be like disown if they do decide to date people outside their race?
is it a faux pas?

enchantednights 03-13-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanie201985
I was just wondering is it allowed?
will they be like disown if they do decide to date people outside their race?
is it a faux pas?

haha i doubt it seeing as Rainier married Grace and Albert had a child with NC.

grim_lady 03-13-2006 10:00 PM

I doubt it also. The family seems like a pretty accepting family with no prejudices against other races or religions. So yeah, the family is most likely okay with dating outside their race.

BurberryBrit 03-13-2006 10:01 PM

This is 2006 and even though I know there are some people out there who don't agree with it, it is happening more, I think. Since the trio are not heirs to the throne per se, I don't think it would be such a big deal (like Prince Max and Princess Angela since he isn't the heir).

Enchanted, what do you mean when you say you doubt it's an issue since Ranier married Grace?

enchantednights 03-13-2006 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
This is 2006 and even though I know there are some people out there who don't agree with it, it is happening more, I think. Since the trio are not heirs to the throne per se, I don't think it would be such a big deal (like Prince Max and Princess Angela since he isn't the heir).

Enchanted, what do you mean when you say you doubt it's an issue since Ranier married Grace?

oh i just meant he was french and she was from the US.

acid_rain3075 03-13-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enchantednights
oh i just meant he was french and she was from the US.

But that isn't outside their race so why would that be a problem?

CasiraghiTrio 03-13-2006 10:11 PM

Well, Charlotte did have a boyfriend awhile back who was black, or at least it said so in the media but I forgot his name. He was a french guy at her school in fontainebleau. I don't recall any big deal made of it. In fact, it was said it was a suitable match because his family was very well-to-do.

enchantednights 03-13-2006 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
But that isn't outside their race so why would that be a problem?

i was thinking nationality, seeing as there was this taboo with european princes marrying outside of europe.

BurberryBrit 03-13-2006 10:14 PM

OK, I was like, they both look white to me! :D

I'd be curious to see a pic or get the name of this gentleman that Carlotta dated.

Princejohnny25 03-13-2006 10:15 PM

Decided to start a thread like this over hear to. Well, Monaco is very international and as long as they rich then I dont think they would have any problem really. I mean albert has a black illegitamate son and the people dont really care.

Lil princess lost 03-13-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Well, Charlotte did have a boyfriend awhile back who was black, or at least it said so in the media but I forgot his name. He was a french guy at her school in fontainebleau. I don't recall any big deal made of it. In fact, it was said it was a suitable match because his family was very well-to-do.

Got any pictures?

enchantednights 03-13-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
OK, I was like, they both look white to me! :D

I'd be curious to see a pic or get the name of this gentleman that Carlotta dated.

haha yeah i realised right after i had posted it same thing with NC I was thinking Togo and with Grace US and just got it mixed up. doing too many things at once haha :rolleyes:

enchantednights 03-13-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
Decided to start a thread like this over hear to. Well, Monaco is very international and as long as they rich then I dont think they would have any problem really. I mean albert has a black illegitamate son and the people dont really care.

well i don't neccessarily think they would have to be rich. it would help. but if they were middle class and educated i don't think it would matter much. i mean look at metter marit in norway. and she's crown princess! so if the casiraghis fell for someone of low income, i doubt it would be much of a fuss

BurberryBrit 03-13-2006 10:22 PM

I've always believed that class trumps race. . .most of the time. BUT ultimately, love is love. And a middle or low class person with a good heart trumps a rich cold person anyday.

Lafawnduh 03-13-2006 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grim_lady
I doubt it also. The family seems like a pretty accepting family with no prejudices against other races or religions. So yeah, the family is most likely okay with dating outside their race.

I don't really think so,since Rainier refused to marry Albert to Nicole because she was black, and I even heard that he completely ignored Alexandre. :(

BurberryBrit 03-13-2006 10:40 PM

Did Albert even want to marry her? If so, I didn't know that.

enchantednights 03-13-2006 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafawnduh
I don't really think so,since Rainier refused to marry Albert to Nicole because she was black, and I even heard that he completely ignored Alexandre. :(

i honestly down Albert wanted to settle down and especially with NC. whether Rainier liked NC and Alex or not, only he and maybe Albert know, but I'm not going to assume anything out of respect.

Tosca 03-14-2006 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enchantednights
i was thinking nationality, seeing as there was this taboo with european princes marrying outside of europe.

Well, I happened to read an interview with some Roman aristocratic ladies that they hadn't met Prince Rainier since he married "that American woman"...

Lil princess lost 03-14-2006 11:04 AM

Well this does'nt really count but Andrea is dating someone of Italian ancesrty-I don't know wether she is a born and bred Italian. Ijust know her father is Italian.

Tosca 03-14-2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil princess lost
Well this does'nt really count but Andrea is dating someone of Italian ancesrty-I don't know wether she is a born and bred Italian. Ijust know her father is Italian.

Santo Domingo is not an Italian surname.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises