The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/)
-   -   HSH Prince Albert Current Events 16: Feb.2006 - March 2006 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/hsh-prince-albert-current-events-16-feb-2006-march-2006-a-8964.html)

Ennyllorac 02-26-2006 04:34 PM

HSH Prince Albert Current Events 16: Feb.2006 - March 2006
 
Welcome to HSH Prince Albert's Current Events Thread Part 16. Please remember that this thread is for current news.

The old thread can be found here.

Happy posting!

tamarindi 02-28-2006 10:47 AM

Latest events of PA from http://www.palais.mc:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/tcanello/PA1.jpg
Lundi 6 février en fin d'après-midi, S.A.S. le Prince Albert II a reçu en audience S.E. M. LI Zhaoxing, Ministre des Affaires Etrangères de la République Populaire de Chine, à l'occasion de sa visite officielle en Principauté
http://www.palais.mc/wwwpal.nsf/(NewsActu)/e8fddafbbfd95027c125710e00500817?OpenDocument

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/tcanello/PA2.jpg
Mercredi 15 février en fin de matinée au Palais Princier, S.A.S. le Prince Souverain recevait les lettres de créance de S.E. M. Serge Telle, Ambassadeur Extraordinaire et Plénipotentiaire de la République Française auprès de la Principauté de Monaco
http://www.palais.mc/wwwpal.nsf/(NewsActu)/1cb5eb974918802fc125711600528250?OpenDocument

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/tcanello/0.jpg
Le mardi 21 février 2006, S.A.S. le Prince Souverain a reçu les Ambassadeurs de la Principauté de Monaco à l'étranger au terme d'une journée de travail avec S.E. M. Jean-Paul Proust, Ministre d'Etat, et le Gouvernement princier
http://www.palais.mc/wwwpal.nsf/(NewsActu)/8eb68c3d32d21cbdc125711e00384ed1?OpenDocument


Tamar:)



tamarindi 02-28-2006 10:55 AM

From libello:
Lundi 27 Février 2006
Albert II reçoit le Vice-Premier Ministre Qatarien
Monaco est au cœur de l’actualité internationale politique en cette fin février. Conférence du Club de Monaco, signature au Crans Montana, réunion des Présidents de parlement des petits états…, l’occasion pour le Souverain de rencontres diplomatiques.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...eQuatarbis.jpg

http://www.libello.com/pages/actu/ac...t=4380&idCat=0
google translation:
http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Tamar:)

tamarindi 02-28-2006 11:05 AM

Libello:
more about PA meeting with the french ambassador:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...ficielsbis.jpg
http://www.libello.com/pages/actu/ac...t=4355&idCat=0
google translation:
http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Tamar:)

tamarindi 02-28-2006 03:20 PM

Another lawsuit...

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/27022006/20...n-justice.html
"Fille cachée": Albert de Monaco va assigner "Voici" en justice

google translation:
http://translate.google.com/translat...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Monday February 27, 2006, 21h06
""hidden Girl": Albert of Monaco will assign "Here" in justice

MONACO (AFP) - prince Albert of Monaco will assign in justice the weekly magazine "Here" for "attack with the private life and with the right to the image" after the publication in his last number of an article on alleged "a hidden girl", to Monday his lawyer Me Thierry Lacoste announced.
"This history has been an old alarming spectre which leaves regularly in the press for several years and which already was worth several judgments of these publications", with the AFP I declared Lacoste, lawyer of the Grimaldi family which reigns on the principality of Monaco . The weekly magazine Here, February 27, publishes on 5 pages an "exclusive" report heading "Albert II of Monaco - Jasmine Grace Grimaldi, his/her hidden daughter!" decorated photographs representing a 14 year old girl in company of his/her come mother with last Christmas in the principality, implying that there would have been a meeting with the sovereign. The magazine publishes the similé FAC of a birth certificate of the girl who was born on March 4, 1992 on which one can read with the Nom line of the father: Albert, Alexandre, Louis Pierre Grimaldi born in Monaco on March 14, 1958. "That wants nothing to say bus to the United States the birth certificates are based on simple declarations which are not checked", explained to Me Lacoste. According to him, in the months having followed the birth of the small girl, the mother had been déboutée by American justice after having brought proceedings in recognition of paternity aiming at the current sovereign Monegasque. In the entourage of the prince, one affirms that the article of the weekly magazine swarms with inaccuracies, in particular concerning the aide-de-camp of the prince who did not occupy any more these functions in December at the time when the stereotypes are supposed to be taken. Of the same source, one implies that the ex-assistance of camp quoted by the weekly magazine could in its turn assign in justice this publication for "untrue assertions". According to lawyer, March 20, 1995, the Prisma group was condemned to 150.000 FF of damage for the publication of an article entitled "Albert dad?". More recently, January 26, 2006, the group Hachette Filipacchi was condemned to 30.000 euros of damages by the Court of Bankruptcy of Nanterre for information relating to this supposed paternity, added to Me Lacoste. Regularly, the prince of Monaco , one of the single people more for planet, is the subject of articles of the press people concerning real or supposed female connections. In the past, in Germany , a woman already affirmed to have had a son of Albert: "There were blood tests and they appeared negative and the applicant was déboutée by the court of Freiburg", indicated lawyer. In the case of the American teenager, no test was practised because "the prince estimated that it was impossible that there was a paternity", added lawyer. In July 2005, Albert of Monaco admitted having had a natural son resulting from a connection with a former French air-hostess of origin togolaise. In November 2005 the company Hachette Filipacchi was however condemned by the Court of Appeal of Versailles to have revealed, in May, the existence of this small Alexandre."

Tamar

tamarindi 02-28-2006 03:56 PM

VOICI:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...lo/double1.jpg http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/tcanello/couv.jpg

Tamar

rarotonga 02-28-2006 04:45 PM

PA's PR machine must working overtime. First, there was the whole Charlene Wittstock - are they engaged- is there an announcement in the horizon. Now, this. From what I gather from other MBs, Tamara Rotolo and her daughter, were in Monaco last December. There's also a discussion on rbhq.net that the whole CW outing might be to soften the PR blow. That is, at least if they're engaged to close to being engaged, then any news of any more illegitimate children would somehow make it that the fiancee has accepted the fact. Another theory is that PA saw this coming and dealt with PdV to publicize his outing with CW and deal with this one later.

BTW, is it just me or does Jazmin Grace look somewhat like Chelsea Clinton?

semisquare 02-28-2006 05:12 PM

whom ever he marrys should have a theme song "whose bed has your boots been under" because this man is having a time with women. i hope he'll be engage soon.

pinklady1991 02-28-2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rarotonga
PA's PR machine must working overtime. First, there was the whole Charlene Wittstock - are they engaged- is there an announcement in the horizon. Now, this. From what I gather from other MBs, Tamara Rotolo and her daughter, were in Monaco last December. There's also a discussion on rbhq.net that the whole CW outing might be to soften the PR blow. That is, at least if they're engaged to close to being engaged, then any news of any more illegitimate children would somehow make it that the fiancee has accepted the fact. Another theory is that PA saw this coming and dealt with PdV to publicize his outing with CW and deal with this one later.

BTW, is it just me or does Jazmin Grace look somewhat like Chelsea Clinton?

The outing with CW may have been a distraction b/c they had an inkling that this story was going to go public. CW disappeared so quickly that I don't think there is much to the situation other the fact she may be his 2nd weekend of the month girl. If the situation was headed to the altar, she would have been at the closing ceremonies as well. There was never any doubt in my mind that Jazmin is his child -- this may be what he was alluding to in the interviews last November. With all of this going on, don't hope for an engagement announcement any time soon. Paca, any thoughts from your side of the world?

Laviollette 02-28-2006 06:10 PM

I wonder how Caroline feels about all of this? She must be looking on in amazement. I mean PA is just a series of comical errors of judgement that would be funny except he's running a country. If Jasmine is his then I'm glad he has at least acknowledged it to her in private but it just goes to show the horrible kind of unsuitable women he's hooked up with over the years. I think it's time to finally start preparing Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte to run Monaco. As much as I think it is PA's responsibility to marry, if he doesn't want to then he and the rest of us are probably better off. Basically I consider Andrea to be the heir apparent to the Monegasque throne.

pinklady1991 02-28-2006 06:16 PM

It's not just the women...it takes two to tango. It's like Albert likes the thrill -- something dangerous and now his past is catching up to him. Caroline is the Marquess de Baux -- she is the legitimate heir. Andrea after her... But there is still time. Remember, when Rainier took over he was living with a woman.

Laviollette 02-28-2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinklady1991
It's not just the women...it takes two to tango. It's like Albert likes the thrill -- something dangerous and now his past is catching up to him. Caroline is the Marquess de Baux -- she is the legitimate heir. Andrea after her... But there is still time. Remember, when Rainier took over he was living with a woman.

Yes, you are right. Caroline is the legitimate heir and I will stop skipping over her. imo, she should have been the heir after Rainier frankly. She is the first born and if all was equal then it wouldn't have mattered that she was born a girl. She should have just been groomed from birth to take over MC when Rainier died not because she's perfect and hasn't made mistakes but because she seems to have the character, smarts, strength and toughness that her father had.

sebastian 02-28-2006 06:28 PM

Why do you all think Albert isn't prepared for the job??? Have you been to Monaco lately? Have you ever been there? Everything is fine there, don't worry !

Laviollette 02-28-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian
Why do you all think Albert isn't prepared for the job??? Have you been to Monaco lately? Have you ever been there? Everything is fine there, don't worry !

If he's prepared, fine, but I for one am tired of the sleaze factor in his private life. I know it is his private life but he's the one who couldn't wait to jump on the morality bandwagon after PR's death about money laundering when PR had done a lot already to stem that crime. He talked like he was the moral man and his dad was not for allowing it. PR was the best thing that ever happened to MC and PA has yet to live up to that legacy. But I accept that PA is the ruler of MC and whatever goes on in his private life is his business but I'm just very disappointed and won't be paying too much attention in the future to PA.

pinklady1991 02-28-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laviollette
If he's prepared, fine, but I for one am tired of the sleaze factor in his private life. I know it is his private life but he's the one who couldn't wait to jump on the morality bandwagon after PR's death about money laundering when PR had done a lot already to stem that crime. He talked like he was the moral man and his dad was not for allowing it. PR was the best thing that ever happened to MC and PA has yet to live up to that legacy. But I accept that PA is the ruler of MC and whatever goes on in his private life is his business but I'm just very disappointed and won't be paying too much attention in the future to PA.

Yes, it is disturbing how someone so intelligent could have such an uncharted expanse between his libido and reasoning facilities. Albert is very much fit to rule and, we all hope, with God's help, he finds someone to move him beyond this extended adolescence. PA is doing the right thing by caring financially for both Alexandre, and it seems, now Jazmin. Granted that's only one part of fatherhood but he probably was under more pressure from Rainier to ignore the situation and not acknowledge it. Give him some time...he just has to do things in his way and probably wants to deal with them in private.

Grace 02-28-2006 08:05 PM

Albert is a ruler now, not the hereditary Prince, and when he exposes his private life it suddenly becomes public and he might give the world a not so positive image of the Principality...I wish he kept his private life a little more private (kids he keeps saying he didn't want, girlfriends, etc...)

Just my opinion, when you want respect you have to act accordingly; he might be up to the job technically, but he is not yet acting like a reliable head of State,

Kisses

pinklady1991 02-28-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace
Albert is a ruler now, not the hereditary Prince, and when he exposes his private life it suddenly becomes public and he might give the world a not so positive image of the Principality...I wish he kept his private life a little more private (kids he keeps saying he didn't want, girlfriends, etc...)

Just my opinion, when you want respect you have to act accordingly; he might be up to the job technically, but he is not yet acting like a reliable head of State,

Kisses

Yes, but the translated article by AFP basically says that this story is something made up and now Voici will be sued by PA. B/c of the Alexandre story and the fact that TR's claims have been circulating for a while, gives certain members of the press a little more freedom to print such things. PA is a public figure and these kinds of stories sell magazines. So anything or anyone with whom he is seen in public becomes fodder for the gossip columnists.

Have any of our European friends actually seen the Voici article? I won't be able to get it for another week or so.

Horseygal 02-28-2006 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian
Why do you all think Albert isn't prepared for the job??? Have you been to Monaco lately? Have you ever been there? Everything is fine there, don't worry !

No one is saying that Monaco isn't being run well. He may very well be prepared, but it's a distraction and dimishes his credibility when he says that he wants to be taken seriously and clean up the image of Monaco, and then he has all these bastards crawling out of the woodwork. His PR team can throw as many young women at the media as they like, his personality does not seem to lend itself to being taken seriously by other ruling monarchies (not that they are perfect, either), nor does he seem to take himself too seriously. IF he marries, he most likely will not marry for love - more for the image (but, think about how badly that worked out for the English royal family.....). Maybe he'll produce some heirs, but it may not be a happy union without love and respect. His reign will be tainted, nonetheless, unless he marries and produces heirs.

leahteresa 03-01-2006 01:42 AM

Does not look to me like that article really had any new information on JGG. Maybe she was in Monoco for Christmas. (Wouldn't it be funny if she was just as tall as CW?)

I noticed something in the CW pictures and it may be nothing. There is a picture of her laying on PA's lap where he and she seem to be oblivious to the camera. Then there is another shot taken from another angle where she smiles at the camera and he seems to sort of shuffle forward and duck down a little. Like he does not want to be photographed in that particular position. In any case, I really do not think there is any grand scheme. I'm sure he would prefer if none of the stories or photos came out. I hope he does not marry anyone because he thinks he has to.

Lakshmi 03-01-2006 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Yes, it is disturbing how someone so intelligent could have such an uncharted expanse between his libido and reasoning facilities. Albert is very much fit to rule and, we all hope, with God's help, he finds someone to move him beyond this extended adolescence. PA is doing the right thing by caring financially for both Alexandre, and it seems, now Jazmin. Granted that's only one part of fatherhood but he probably was under more pressure from Rainier to ignore the situation and not acknowledge it. Give him some time...he just has to do things in his way and probably wants to deal with them in private.

AFP article says that PA will sue "Voici" over allegations that he is Jazmin's father. The story about meeting Jazmin with PA last Christmas seems also made up. She might be in MC during last Christmas but that's it. Thierry Lacoste said openly that paternity in the girl case was never confirmed. I think the article says that the magazine will be sued by PA because the whole Jazmin story is not true.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises