The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Life and Lifestyle (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Winter Olympics 2006 - Turin (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/winter-olympics-2006-turin-8781.html)

LadyS 02-10-2006 06:55 AM

Winter Olympics 2006 - Turin

I was wondering if the royals attending the Winter Olympics will visit with each other?

Perhaps we can have a thread for news and pictures of the various royals at this winter olympics. Especially if there are photos of royals in groups.

Please feel free to delete this post if it is not suitable

Warren 02-10-2006 07:55 AM

Posts 39-42 of this link to the Italian Royalty sub-forum have pics of Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy carrying the Olympic Torch in Turin, watched by his parents, the Prince and Princess of Naples.

purple_platinum 02-10-2006 08:44 AM

Princess Anne of Britain, Prince Albert of Monaco, & Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of Netherlands are all also present at Turin. They also attended the IOC meeting.

Crown Prince Haakon, King Harald, Crown Prince Frederik, and Princess Benedikte will also visit the Winter Olympic

Tosca 02-10-2006 09:28 AM

Prince Albert of Monaco meets the President of the Italian Republic Carlo Azeglio Ciampi and his wife Donna Franca at the olympic village in Turin. (Olycom)

http://i1.tinypic.com/ngq7w2.jpg

purple_platinum 02-10-2006 11:49 AM

are we suppose to post pics of royals at the winter olympic in this thread, or in each royal's thread? :confused:

anyway, here's 1 of Prince Albert of Monaco & Princess Anne of Britain at 118th IOC's plenary session in Torino, Italy
(from goff photos)

http://i1.tinypic.com/ngsrp4.jpg

for the rest of prince albert, please click here

BeatrixFan 02-10-2006 02:14 PM

I've just seen Constantine and Anne-Marie at the Opening Ceremony - I'll keep you posted as we go!

BeatrixFan 02-10-2006 03:00 PM

And there's Prince Albert in a red hat and a pretty blonde on his arm.

BeatrixFan 02-10-2006 03:01 PM

King Harald's just been shown but not with Queen Sonja.

norwegianne 02-10-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
King Harald's just been shown but not with Queen Sonja.

Sonja isn't going to be there.

Princess Benedikte of Denmark is reported to be at the opening ceremony, by the Danish commentators. And Crown Prince Frederik is supposed to arrive later to follow the Danish Curling team. I think that's good.

I've noticed that the difference between watching the Danish and the Norwegian television - is the commentators. The Norwegian commentators knew almost every flag-bearer by name, and had sports relevant trivia about every single team marching in. The Danish team commented a little bit about the teams marching in, almost nothing about the sports part of it, but plenty about the stuff around - like Berlusconi's absense, the security around the Danes after recent events, and other strange stuff.

Larzen 02-10-2006 03:16 PM

What a pittyful turnout of Norwegian athletes, 14 athletes manages to get to the opening out 70 something, I thought it was supposed to be an honor to be at the opening:mad: And King Harald could have smiled, he looked like a bored santa with that red thing on his head, he usually always looks like he enjoys sports but not today

norwegianne 02-10-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
What a pittyful turnout of Norwegian athletes, 14 athletes manages to get to the opening out 70 something, I thought it was supposed to be an honor to be at the opening:mad: And King Harald could have smiled, he looked like a bored santa with that red thing on his head, he usually always looks like he enjoys sports but not today

It's pityful, indeed. It should be an honour to attend.

HRH Kerry 02-10-2006 03:38 PM

Has anyone figured out who the blond is?

wimaamal 02-10-2006 03:59 PM

Her name seems to be Charlene Wittstock, a swimmer for South Africa.
That is what Bruno press calls her in the pictures...

(info from the topic HSH, Prince Albert - Current Events, Part XVII ).

Sancia 02-10-2006 04:59 PM

Lot of athlets are beginning competitions tomorrow. They must prepare, instead coming to the ceremony.

GrandDuchess 02-10-2006 05:30 PM

It was a wonderful opening ceremony, and the lighting of the Olympic flame was spectacular!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
King Harald could have smiled, he looked like a bored santa with that red thing on his head, he usually always looks like he enjoys sports but not today

Oh yes, he looked very sour. Even my mother (who isn't the royalist I am) pointed out how he looked and said something like "if that's the mood he's in today, maybe he should've stayed at home"... :D

The King and Queen of Sweden will attend the Olympics in Turin from 17 February.

Princejohnny25 02-10-2006 05:36 PM

Is the pretty blond sitting next to albert a fling or an olympic committe member or something. I also liked the ceremony and the lighting part was really nice as well as the tenor that came after. I love the Olympics, I always get exited when they come aroud. I also noticed the security around the Danish team. Shame really, this should be a nonpolitical and peacefull time.

sara1981 02-10-2006 05:38 PM

i cant wait see more Royals but im glad see Princess Anne and Prince Albert talk each

fanletizia 02-10-2006 05:49 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Prince Albert carries the olympic torch, 10 of february

from abaca

Marengo 02-10-2006 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
And there's Prince Albert in a red hat and a pretty blonde on his arm.

The dutch commentator jokingly promised a reward from the person who could identify the beauty who was seated next to Albert :)
I saw the Prince and Princess of Piedmont, Marina in brown furs I believe. Willem-Alexander and Maxima were also there, apparenly Maxima danced on the YMCA (I missed that part).

The show was very nice, and it is always a joy to see Sophia Loren of course :)

fanletizia 02-10-2006 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
King Harald of Norway in the opening ceremony

from aftenposten