The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   The Bodyguard (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/the-bodyguard-8763.html)

madonna23 02-08-2006 10:41 PM

The Bodyguard
 
We see him all the time. If there's a new pic of Rania in Petra, well, you can be sure to see him in the pic as well - two steps behind. He is with her in Jordan, abroad, in villages and at top-notch banquets.

Here is my question: Who is this man?
I know from a pic that his name is Naeem. Rania was attending a banquet in Italy and there were name cards for everyone and there was one for him as well. But does anyone know anything more about him? And isn't it unusual to have such a prominent bodyguard - i.e. it's the same guy all the time? And am I the only one who has noticed this?

cd_1 02-09-2006 04:44 AM

no, ive noticed him too, all the time. i even saw him in a picture sitting behind her on a plane. by the way, does the royal family have their own plane, or do they use the government one? and is it like the top notch luxurious plane like Oprah's?

Little_star 02-09-2006 11:17 AM

Having just looked through the recent pictures of Queen Rania, I think I know the man you are refering to.
It does seem odd that she would have the same bodyguard but maybe he's part of a team and the others tend to keep out of the spotlight.

amina1 02-09-2006 03:16 PM

Ya, he's her bodyguard and he has been since she became queen, I'm sure he's admiring his job:D
and yes I have read in many places that she does have her own jet, I even heard it on TV "Jordan's jet queen":p

lizz70 02-09-2006 04:12 PM

Yes, Queen Rania has her own personal 'Challenger' jet.

barbara_41172 02-09-2006 09:46 PM

There is also a lady who is African I think. She is Her Majesty's bodyguard also. When the Queen was in Mecca in October last year, this lady was beside her praying too, so she is Muslim. I have seen this lady often around the Queen since 2003. She has 2 very prominent protection officers.

Little_star 02-10-2006 08:29 AM

That makes sense that she would have a female security officer, after all there will be some places her male bodyguards may not be permitted to go.

I can remember reading Princess Beatrice's article in Tatler and she talked about her security guards and how she'd known them for years and they were like family.
I'd never consdiered that aspect before but it must be the same for Rania, as she appears to have the same bodyguard for a while.

nayeli0016 02-10-2006 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizz70
Yes, Queen Rania has her own personal 'Challenger' jet.

That's pretty cool. :-)

Toledo 02-10-2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star
Having just looked through the recent pictures of Queen Rania, I think I know the man you are refering to.
It does seem odd that she would have the same bodyguard but maybe he's part of a team and the others tend to keep out of the spotlight.

He most be the visible one since he has to remain close to her, but I bet there is an army of bodyguards, male and female, surrounding her at all times and from a distance. These ones are the ones keeping an eye on whovever is keeping an eye on the Queen during a public event.

I've seen photos of the bodyguard used by Letizia and Felipe and he looks like a body double for Felipe. Same height, same body shape. And he is always close to the Princess in case a person from a distance tries to do something. From behind he and Felipe look the same.

This bodyguard thread reminds me of the tragedy with President Indira Ghandhi who met her end at the hands of her bodyguards. So, I assume that Rania, as many other public figures, has someone also keeping an eye on the bodyguard too.
Scary times we live in these days.

Little_star 02-10-2006 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toledo
He most be the visible one since he has to remain close to her, but I bet there is an army of bodyguards, male and female, surrounding her at all times and from a distance. These ones are the ones keeping an eye on whovever is keeping an eye on the Queen during a public event.

I've seen photos of the bodyguard used by Letizia and Felipe and he looks like a body double for Felipe. Same height, same body shape. And he is always close to the Princess in case a person from a distance tries to do something. From behind he and Felipe look the same.

This bodyguard thread reminds me of the tragedy with President Indira Ghandhi who met her end at the hands of her bodyguards. So, I assume that Rania, as many other public figures, has someone also keeping an eye on the bodyguard too.
Scary times we live in these days.

Very true, Toledo. I think most famous figures these days, especially Royals and leaders will have a team of of security agents surrounding them at all times.

snow 02-10-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madonna23
We see him all the time. If there's a new pic of Rania in Petra, well, you can be sure to see him in the pic as well - two steps behind. He is with her in Jordan, abroad, in villages and at top-notch banquets.

Here is my question: Who is this man?
I know from a pic that his name is Naeem. Rania was attending a banquet in Italy and there were name cards for everyone and there was one for him as well. But does anyone know anything more about him? And isn't it unusual to have such a prominent bodyguard - i.e. it's the same guy all the time? And am I the only one who has noticed this?

no, you are not the only one who has noticed him, in fact when i accidently met queen rania just over a year ago while shopping, it was the face of this very man which made me sure that the lady browsing the store is queen rania!

sommone 02-12-2006 01:54 AM

Does anyone have a photo of him?

Toledo 02-12-2006 02:00 AM

I think he is the very tall, maybe 30-40 something guy that I've seen to appear near her in the pictures where she is greeting the public. He is never close to her on family pictures or when she is in a seated activity where she is required to speak on a microphone.

I wonder if it would be appropiate to even post his picture here? After all, he is there to protect her and not to become the focus of attention himself.

madonna23 02-12-2006 02:05 AM

i think it is okay to post his pic. most of us know who he is. in fact, he is so obvious it is kind of funny. he's the same guy over and over.

i just kind of feel sorry for him because i imagine he doesn't have a wife/kids or anyting because he is with rania 24/7. if he does have family, i don't think he gets to spend too much time with them.

Toledo 02-12-2006 02:15 AM

Not to mention he is always there to take a bullet for her! Being a bodyguard is like having a death wish.

Laraib 02-12-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sommone
Does anyone have a photo of him?

Yeah, I don't who EXACTLY everyone is talking about.:o

ZZZ 02-13-2006 05:29 PM

why does she need her bodygaurd in secure buildings???

bijoux 02-13-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snow
no, you are not the only one who has noticed him, in fact when i accidently met queen rania just over a year ago while shopping, it was the face of this very man which made me sure that the lady browsing the store is queen rania!


I think it's funny when a bodyguard is recognized before the person they are protecting! Don't you think it's sad that people even need to employ such people?

sommone 02-14-2006 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZZ
why does she need her bodygaurd in secure buildings???


Because history has shown that buildings aren't always secured despite what some might say or think.:cool:

Harry's polo shirt 02-14-2006 03:06 AM

I saw on a TV report about the secret service and bodygaurds. The bodygaurds protect them from fans also, sometimes people wont let the person get away, or shakes their hands to hard and wont let go, or wants a hug but doesn't ask... they said that most of the time they have to protect them from excited supporters.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises