The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Which Royals have the least [public] official engagements? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/which-royals-have-the-least-public-official-engagements-8745.html)

HRHAmy 02-06-2006 04:14 PM

Which Royals have the least [public] official engagements?
 
I'm not sure if this has been posted as a thread yet, but which royal do you think does not use their position to the fullest extent? I tend to see other royals like the royals of Monaco (specifically caroline and family) always on vacations rather than doing more for the people in Monaco. And others like Charles and Camilla that are out there almost everyday at functions for their people. In your mind who is the laziest royal?

adelaide 02-06-2006 04:27 PM

I am not a specialist of Great Britain's court, but it seems that the laziest is the prince Andrew, a very good golf player but for the else ? May be I am wrong, in your opinion ????

HRHAmy 02-06-2006 04:32 PM

I can see prince Andew too as being lazy, I have seen him out at a few functions for charity but he spends more time golfing than helping the people, Good eye!:)

Fahren 02-06-2006 04:56 PM

Caroline has a child to raise and the Monagasque are a well off people. Besides she's a Hannover now, but anyone of the Casiraghi trio.

Von Schlesian 02-06-2006 05:01 PM

HRH The Prince Andrew Duke of York devoted a great deal of his time to business management and assists various British companies with their (mainly European) expansions. His Royal Highness is far from lazy.

crisiñaki 02-06-2006 05:53 PM

Prince Johan Friso, Prince Edward of UK, Princess Madeleine of Sweden

moosey60 02-06-2006 06:09 PM

Ernst August of Hanover: What does he really do? He seems to vacation a lot. And he gets dressed for fancy occasions but I've never seen pictures of him visiting (for example) a hospital or anything.

Marie Chantal of Greece: She flaunts her royal title more than she perhaps should. Although I guess managing her clothing line is less lazy. But does she actually do much except shop, go to fashion shows? She has 4 nannies, too.

Princess Mabel of the Netherlands
Princess Michael of Kent

On a less serious note. What have Prince Nicolas and Prince Aymeric done lately? They can't even drag themselves out of bed to a photo op! Heh. Of course, I jest.

BeatrixFan 02-06-2006 06:24 PM

I have to say that Princess Michael isn't actually obliged to carry out any engagements whatsoever and all the engagements she does carry out are off her own bat. And what she does do she does well.

semisquare 02-06-2006 06:30 PM

i dont remember this royals name but italian royal during the 1500 or 1600 rule from his bed for 17yrs.

ysbel 02-06-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosey60
Ernst August of Hanover: What does he really do? He seems to vacation a lot. And he gets dressed for fancy occasions but I've never seen pictures of him visiting (for example) a hospital or anything.

Marie Chantal of Greece: She flaunts her royal title more than she perhaps should. Although I guess managing her clothing line is less lazy. But does she actually do much except shop, go to fashion shows? She has 4 nannies, too.

Ernst August and Marie Chantal aren't part of reigning houses anymore. They don't get paid from their governments like the other royals so their money and time are their own.

grevinnan 02-07-2006 12:10 AM

Princess Madeleine just completed her (sw) fil. kand. (american BA). How many of you have a college degree?

bigheadshirmp 02-07-2006 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosey60
Ernst August of Hanover: What does he really do? He seems to vacation a lot. And he gets dressed for fancy occasions but I've never seen pictures of him visiting (for example) a hospital or anything.

Marie Chantal of Greece: She flaunts her royal title more than she perhaps should. Although I guess managing her clothing line is less lazy. But does she actually do much except shop, go to fashion shows? She has 4 nannies, too.

Princess Mabel of the Netherlands
Princess Michael of Kent

On a less serious note. What have Prince Nicolas and Prince Aymeric done lately? They can't even drag themselves out of bed to a photo op! Heh. Of course, I jest.

Princess Mabel is not part of the royal household ....she's not included in royal engagements...but...she does her own humanitarian job/ lawyer of some sort...she's far from being lazy imo....she's rather "active" in fighting for good causes

Citizen2005 02-07-2006 12:10 PM

Frederic of Denmark. As a crown prince and a future king, he is a lazy royal.

sesa 02-07-2006 12:17 PM

I think that all Royals do their duty to a certain extent, but I don't think that all of them actually "use" thier position to the fullest extent. In actuality, I think the few of them that are out there, take advantage of their position by taking vacation after vacation, by going sailing for a few days instead of doing something good for the benefit of their people. But I don't really think that you could classify them as "lazy" per say.

Lasse Pedersen 02-07-2006 01:09 PM

When discussing the workload of royals, it is my opinion that one must bear in mind that most work for a member of a royal family is never seen by the public eye. Most work is done in their offices by replying letters, planning events, talking to representatives of their patronships etc.

/Lasse Pedersen

LaChicaMadrilena 02-07-2006 01:40 PM

Frederic of Denmark. I know it's no use comparasing two different Princes from two different countries, but just look how busy shedule Felipe of Spain has...

crisiñaki 02-07-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grevinnan
Princess Madeleine just completed her (sw) fil. kand. (american BA). How many of you have a college degree?

I'm 21 and I have a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering and I'm half way through my master's degree on Kinetics, how old is Madeleine again? 23? And what is she majoring in again?
We talk about her lack of participation on royal events, her brother does a lot more than her and he isn't the heir either, so that's what we are talking about, because Johan Friso has a college degree as well but he does nothing for his country as well as Prince Edward of England.
I hope you don't find my comments rude, but that's how I feel;)

HRHAmy 02-07-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sesa
I think that all Royals do their duty to a certain extent, but I don't think that all of them actually "use" thier position to the fullest extent. In actuality, I think the few of them that are out there, take advantage of their position by taking vacation after vacation, by going sailing for a few days instead of doing something good for the benefit of their people. But I don't really think that you could classify them as "lazy" per say.

Well IMO Caroline of Monaco or Hannover whatever, is lazy. Yes she does go on vacations but she spent the WHOLE summer on her boat not just a few days and then she's in Zurs and she does maybe 2 engagements? I consider that lazy if you are a royal. Your job as a royal besides helping the crown is to help your people and make your country better for them and usually that means going out and meeting the people, raising awareness of causes etc. I don't think just cause you have a tiara you should be able to sit around 355 days a year and go on your vacations. The people of your country look up to you to be an example. I think Charles and Camilla, Diana when she was alive, Mary and Frederik, Mathilde, Letezia and Felipe are doing a good job.

melissajames 02-07-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Well IMO Caroline of Monaco or Hannover whatever, is lazy. Yes she does go on vacations but she spent the WHOLE summer on her boat not just a few days and then she's in Zurs and she does maybe 2 engagements? I consider that lazy if you are a royal. Your job as a royal besides helping the crown is to help your people and make your country better for them and usually that means going out and meeting the people, raising awareness of causes etc. I don't think just cause you have a tiara you should be able to sit around 355 days a year and go on your vacations. The people of your country look up to you to be an example. I think Charles and Camilla, Diana when she was alive, Mary and Frederik, Mathilde, Letezia and Felipe are doing a good job.

I think its a bit different for the Monaco royals.

I think their fortuntes actually belong to them, ie they have their own businesses and money in their own bank accounts and they don't rely on the state (even though they are a large part of the state in real terms!) or tax payers to support them. So in a way, they are not actually obliged to carry out duties like the other royal families.

Royal Fan 02-07-2006 02:32 PM

Three words : Duke of York.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises