The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Do you think Royalty watch these boards? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/do-you-think-royalty-watch-these-boards-8705.html)

Jamerican 02-03-2006 10:29 AM

Do you think Royalty watch these boards?

Back in the day before the internet, I remember reading that Diana, Princess of Wales used to read her newpaper clippings- I even read that she employed a clipping service to send her any newspaper reports. How true that is, I don't know, but it got me to thinking- Do you think that some members of Royal families actually watch these boards? I know that other boards have been used for research for books on Royal family members, and that members of the media sometimes peruse them.. What do you think?

photofan 02-03-2006 12:29 PM

I don't think so, they have more IMPORTANT things to do than reading these boards:)

Maxie 02-03-2006 12:44 PM

I don't think they read it. It is as photofan says, they have more important things to do. And it's very easy to ignore websites on the internet. If you don't visit them, you can't be bothered by them. If I was royal, I wouldn't browse TRF, that's for sure...

Mathilde1286 02-03-2006 12:49 PM

I think some royals might "check in" every once in a while, esp. those who are interested in what the general public think of them. I know I would.

Will's princess 02-03-2006 02:37 PM

I think some of them might be tempted but they probably don't have time to browse these forums. I know if I was royal I would be too afraid of what people were saying. However, they would be useful to find out what the public want and expect from them.

Skydragon 02-03-2006 03:48 PM

I don't think they would personally check out any of these boards, however, they may have friends or employees do it for them!:D

ap3 02-03-2006 05:11 PM

I agree with Skydragon, they may not check the Boards out themselves, but they may have someone do it for them IF they're interested in what the public (or some of the public) says about them. That's a big IF. Diana, from what I've read, was very aware of the media and public opinion. I don't know if all royals are that concerned, or, quite frankly, insecure. But IF they are concerned, the internet is as much a part of the media world as newspapers, books and TV, and blogs certainly give the opinion of one segment of the population.

BeatrixFan 02-03-2006 05:15 PM

I can just imagine the scene at Windsor Castle as the Queen does some surfing;

"Philip, Elspeth didn't like my pink outfit - better wear the purple one tomorrow"

Emily 02-03-2006 05:37 PM

If I were a royal, I'd find a board like this interesting for many reasons. Off the top of my head, a few would be: it's an easy way to see what fellow royals are up to, a way to learn things about challenges of other royals and how they handle them, a good way to read the 'royalty' opinions of a broad range of people, and it's just a great way to get lots of different information. In addition, it would be fast feedback on how I looked in various outfits, hairstyles, shoe styles, accessories....! I'd sure read it.

Kelly 02-03-2006 06:03 PM

I don't think they actually watch these boards. There life is to hectic and I agree that maybe their employees do.

EmpressRouge 02-03-2006 11:02 PM

Maybe they're secretly posting under aliases. Hey, it's the internet, anything's possible. ;)

KatieLouise 02-04-2006 12:45 AM

If I were a royal and/or famous, I think I'd check up occasionally just to see what people's opinions were. Not every day... but human nature would probably get the better of some people, some of the time. I'm sure many royals wouldn't be above putting their name into a search engine for fun! :) I couldn't imagine Queen Elizabeth doing it, and she really would be just too busy, but maybe some of the younger generation.

nilah 02-04-2006 06:53 PM

Why not ? They are curious as well.

BeatrixFan 02-04-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

I couldn't imagine Queen Elizabeth doing it, and she really would be just too busy, but maybe some of the younger generation.
Didn't it emerge that the Queen does use email? The Duke of York set her up on the internet. He also taught her how to text and he bought her an ipod.

tigerlilly2005 02-04-2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
Maybe they're secretly posting under aliases. Hey, it's the internet, anything's possible. ;)

yes,thatīs my opinion too. ;)
we donīt know anyone here in real life.

Marengo 02-04-2006 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Didn't it emerge that the Queen does use email? The Duke of York set her up on the internet. He also taught her how to text and he bought her an ipod.

Are you serieous? How funny! The Prince of Orange actually once said that he had taught his mother how to use the internet as well!

BeatrixFan 02-04-2006 08:32 PM

The Queen sent an email to Prince William at one point and 'The Sun' ran the story. A Palace source said that the Queen does have a computer and that the Duke of York taught her how to send email. A while later, it was revealed that she sent Prince Harry a text for his birthday. Again, the Palace said that the Duke of York had taught her to text and that he had bought her an ipod that she loved. I think it's brilliant!

Marengo 02-04-2006 08:35 PM

Me to! I wonder what music she plays on her i-pod though, what is her favourite genre?
BTW, Queen Beatrix should have a lot of free time now, so maybe she got so bored that she googled her own name and ended up here, making nasty comments about all those people in the Gotha that she doesn't like ;)

KatieLouise 02-04-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilah
Why not ? They are curious as well.

Yes, you're probably right. I just couldn't personally imagine the Queen checking up on what we were all saying here. Who knows, of course... ;)

Jamerican 02-04-2006 11:23 PM

Personally, I think that the only ones that may actually watch these boards are those who are completely preoccupied with their image and public persona. I think the overwhelming majority do not. They know these boards exist, but they don't really care. It is an amusing thought though, isn't it? :D