The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Imperial Family of Russia (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f80/)
-   -   Tsar Nicholas II (1868-1918) and Empress Alexandra Feodorovna (Alix) (1872-1918) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f80/tsar-nicholas-ii-1868-1918-and-empress-alexandra-feodorovna-alix-1872-1918-a-8643.html)

JR76 11-29-2017 04:28 AM

Michael of Greece said in a documentary that nuns visiting the Tsar & his family removed jewels & other valuables and his them in the area around Jekaterinburg. Though I'm not sure where he would have that information from.

M. Payton 11-29-2017 04:40 AM

:previous:
From what I have read the family did not have that kind of possessions with them in captivity, so how could there be 26 boxes of anything and jewels, won't the guards search for those type of things and steal them?

wyevale 05-18-2018 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
100 years ago today, the deposed and imprisoned Tsar of all the Russias, Nicholas 11 celebrated his 50th Birthday. It would be his last...

lucien 07-30-2018 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR76 (Post 2043700)
Michael of Greece said in a documentary that nuns visiting the Tsar & his family removed jewels & other valuables and his them in the area around Jekaterinburg. Though I'm not sure where he would have that information from.

There were several caches with valuebles,yes.Some are yet to be found,some caches ended up with the Bolsjewiks after a nun told them of its whereabout under treat of torture.

The IF was able & allowed by Kerenski to take many belongings with them to Tobolsk,a train load full..Among them many stones,pearls and jewellery,Much of that ended up in the clothes of the GD's,hence the murderers at Jekaterinenburg had a hard time to shoot the poor girls,the bullets ricochede all the time because of the GD's corsets filled with stones.Every time you see mentioned one of the GD's or the Tsarina say: "We attended to our medicine" she actually means jewellery.

Not all stones were as valueble,some were chrystals...as the murderers found out...and some of the belongings found at their graves in and near the Pig Ravine are on show in a small geological museum near the cathedral build on,or almost on,the spot where the Ipatiev house once stood.

I say almost on because,the Russian Orthodox Church didn't & doesn't see it beneath itself to mislead all as they have the exact spot where the cellar room was right outside the cathedral wall.They build an opulent Imperial Room in a sort of crypt as the exact spot where the Passion Bearers were killed.Wrong.The exact place of that room is exactly just outside the church,compare the floorplan of the Ipatiev House and that of the church and you'll see.Why on earth??The ways of the ROC are incomprehensible or it should be for their own political and ROC agenda only.I criticize the church for ongoing misleading and ask why?

But when at St.Petersburg last week,seeing the Icons of Nicolai II with Alexey,and the beautifull and huge icon of the Imperial Passion Bearers at the Cathedral of Kazan I was very pleased they're recognised and that so many people burned candles and layd flowers.Russia is coming to terms with it's Imperial past,slowly by slowly,bit by bit the awareness grows.

CyrilVladisla 08-08-2018 10:59 PM

Empress Alexandra wrote letters to a close friend.
‘Dearest Mary’: Letters from the last Tsarina – Royal Central

^Blog Real, Thank you for the impressive video. Tsarina Alexandra is elegant as she carries her parasol. The four Grand Duchesses seem so in awe at the spectacular events.

In his haste to be married, Nicholas II had allowed no time for preparation of a place for himself and Alexandra to reside. They moved temporarily into the rooms which Nicholas and his brother George had shared as boys.

In 1896 Nicholas and Alexandra visited Balmoral. Nicholas II disliked Balmoral. He did not like being surrounded by all his wife's extended German family. He disliked being taken out for sport in the freezing wet weather.

Blog Real 08-19-2018 09:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYEQQZ7sJQw

Blog Real 11-17-2018 02:12 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGaKue..._UeqA8lZis9Hz4

Curryong 11-17-2018 07:39 PM

Nicholas certainly didn't like being taken out shooting whatever the weather, and he was suffering from toothache (he had rotting teeth because of a liking for sweets.)
However, I don't know about 'extended German family'. Edward and Alexandra weren't German (in fact her dislike of Germany was wellknown in the family.) The Duke of Connaught wasn't German, nor were Victoria's other offspring.

CyrilVladisla 11-18-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2172219)
Nicholas certainly didn't like being taken out shooting whatever the weather, and he was suffering from toothache (he had rotting teeth because of a liking for sweets.)
However, I don't know about 'extended German family'. Edward and Alexandra weren't German (in fact her dislike of Germany was wellknown in the family.) The Duke of Connaught wasn't German, nor were Victoria's other offspring.

I did not know that Nicholas II had a toothache in 1896. Alexandra was of course born in Hesse-Darmstadt. Victoria, The Princess Royal had married Friedrich, Crown Prince of Prussia. Their children were born in Prussia. Would not these grandchildren of Queen Victoria qualify as German?

Mbruno 11-18-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla (Post 2172609)
I did not know that Nicholas II had a toothache in 1896. Alexandra was of course born in Hesse-Darmstadt. Victoria, The Princess Royal had married Friedrich, Crown Prince of Prussia. Their children were born in Prussia. Would not these grandchildren of Queen Victoria qualify as German?

Queen Victoria had multiple German descendants.

CyrilVladisla 12-07-2018 04:25 PM

Nicholas II hated the prospect of war. He agonized as his advisers unanimously agreed that full mobilization was essential if the Russian forces were to be ready for war. He had given his permission for the ukase declaring general mobilization.

eya 02-17-2019 03:59 AM

The Central African Republic in Africa and the Maldives in the Indian Ocean issued commemorative stamps in honor of Tsar Nicholas and his family in 2018 who were murdered 100 years prior on 17 July 1918. .

Central African Republic and Maldives issued stamps in honor of 100th anniversary of Royal Martyrs / OrthoChristian.Com

CyrilVladisla 03-15-2019 04:46 PM

Tsar Nicholas II Abdication Letter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwUhDLs0aYw

duchessrachel 05-23-2019 12:53 PM

I want to read "King, Kaiser, Tsar: Three Royal Cousins Who Led the World to War". I have read a biography on King George V and plan to read John Rohl's lengthy 3 book biography on Kaiser Wilhelm II. However, since I am not up to paying the $150 for the paperback series quite yet (does anyone know how I could get it cheaper or from a library?), I plan to read about Tsar Nicholar II first. I have been looking at biographies and have found two: The Last of the Tsars: Nicholas II and the Russian Revolution and Tsar Nicholas II: A Life From Beginning to End .
Can someone tell me which of these books presents a more detailed view of his life, or if someone can suggest a different book that is better, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

LauraS3514 05-24-2019 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duchessrachel (Post 2224631)
I want to read "King, Kaiser, Tsar: Three Royal Cousins Who Led the World to War". I have read a biography on King George V and plan to read John Rohl's lengthy 3 book biography on Kaiser Wilhelm II. However, since I am not up to paying the $150 for the paperback series quite yet (does anyone know how I could get it cheaper or from a library?), I plan to read about Tsar Nicholar II first. I have been looking at biographies and have found two: The Last of the Tsars: Nicholas II and the Russian Revolution and Tsar Nicholas II: A Life From Beginning to End .
Can someone tell me which of these books presents a more detailed view of his life, or if someone can suggest a different book that is better, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Try Inter-Library Loan Service. Most local libraries have a link for it on their websites. After you make an account you can "order" a book and have it sent to your local branch from any library that subscribes. I live in California and have received books from Florida, Texas, Massachusetts, Canada, and most recently Missouri.

duchessrachel 05-24-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraS3514 (Post 2224725)
Try Inter-Library Loan Service. Most local libraries have a link for it on their websites. After you make an account you can "order" a book and have it sent to your local branch from any library that subscribes. I live in California and have received books from Florida, Texas, Massachusetts, Canada, and most recently Missouri.

Thank you. I will try that.

CyrilVladisla 09-11-2019 09:42 PM

In foreign affairs, Tsar Alexander III had left a legacy of thirteen peaceful years. He did not aquaint his heir with even the most basic information concerning Russia's international position. It was not until Nicholas II's accession that he learned the terms of the Franco-Russian alliance.