The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   What Advice Would You Give To Mary? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/what-advice-would-you-give-to-mary-846.html)

Linda Hsu 08-07-2005 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queenanne
Don't listen to all the mean criticism going around. You are doing a terrific job and your hard work is visible to all who care to see it. Also, I second the suggestion above of finding a close friend in the royal circle. Mathilde of Belgium seems like she would be a great friend and confidante.

Spot on! You have hit the nail on the head! Very Very well said! :p

As a Crown Princess of Denmark, Mary is doing a great job so far and she will surely continue to improve.

Mary and Frederik compliment each other very well and they are a dream couple! :)

Cheers

Linda Hsu 08-07-2005 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roshanah
Listen to your instincts as they shall guide you throughout your numerous duties and indeed your life. Become emotionally, psychologically and spiritually thicker skinned than you are at present. Although you are indeed very stong, living within a Royal Family requires that One must possess additional enduring qualities even more so than is generally expected. You'll be amazed at how much stronger you'll become and have blossomed within the Royal Ways. Know that you endeavour to do your best and that you can do no more, thereby acknowledging your limitations. Beauty, Humility and Nobility, that which you already possess are innate and radiate from within, are timeless and shall aid you in remaining steadfast within the face of adversity, when necessary. As long as you remember that duty is more than a Noun, originates from God and that you answer only to him and that you continue to endeavour to do that which is Right, you shall not go wrong. :)

Wow, you said it soooooooo beautifully! I totally agree with you! Well done! :)

I admire your posts and your wisdom. EXCELLENT ADVICE! :p

Cheers

Harmony 08-07-2005 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roshanah
Listen to your instincts as they shall guide you throughout your numerous duties and indeed your life. Become emotionally, psychologically and spiritually thicker skinned than you are at present. Although you are indeed very stong, living within a Royal Family requires that One must possess additional enduring qualities even more so than is generally expected. You'll be amazed at how much stronger you'll become and have blossomed within the Royal Ways. Know that you endeavour to do your best and that you can do no more, thereby acknowledging your limitations. Beauty, Humility and Nobility, that which you already possess are innate and radiate from within, are timeless and shall aid you in remaining steadfast within the face of adversity, when necessary. As long as you remember that duty is more than a Noun, originates from God and that you answer only to him and that you continue to endeavour to do that which is Right, you shall not go wrong. :)

Well said Roshanah!! :) :)

Roshanah 08-07-2005 05:44 PM

Linda Hsu and Harmony, Thank you very much.:)

Doņa Metizia 08-07-2005 06:15 PM

Don't pay attentions to those that don't criticize and/or agree with everything you do because they maybe afraid to tell you the truth.

So people criticize because they care even though they may not show it.

Get rid of Amber!

oskana 08-07-2005 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paloma
Stop looking for the cameras, it is so unnatural and most of all, unroyal. Stop doing fashion shoots and useless interviews. Maintain some dignity and mystery. Get in there and get your hands dirty and show that you want to and are trying to make a difference and contribution to Danish society. There is a difference between lending your name to a cause, showing up to receive a bouquet of flowers and cut a ribbon and then leaving, versus actually WORKING with/for a few causes.

well said:)

Emmily 08-07-2005 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smiley
You don't need advice Mary. You have adapted to this life of royalty very well. It is obvious that Crown Prince Frederik and you are in love. From Smiley

Well said. I'm amazed at some of the posts here and how mean and critical they are. No, she's not perfect, but give her a time to grow into her role! She's been married a little over a year and is now expecting her first child. I think she'll do her new country proud.

Little_star 08-09-2005 07:40 AM

"Originally Posted by paloma
Stop looking for the cameras, it is so unnatural and most of all, unroyal. Stop doing fashion shoots and useless interviews. Maintain some dignity and mystery. Get in there and get your hands dirty and show that you want to and are trying to make a difference and contribution to Danish society. There is a difference between lending your name to a cause, showing up to receive a bouquet of flowers and cut a ribbon and then leaving, versus actually WORKING with/for a few causes."

Absolutely, and I'd add look to other Crown Princesses for an example as to how to inprove your behavious. too often Mary comes across as a little girl.

sesa 08-09-2005 02:58 PM

Advice for Mary:
 
Hi everyone! I'm somewhat new to this forum and have been reading all these threads for awhile now. But for some reason, I felt compelled to reply to this one with all the hullabaloo that has been going on about Mary having a "no nanny approach" to raising their child.

First of all, being married and adjusting to life within the Royal Family is a piece of cake compared to being a first time mother.
She should understand that once she has the baby, all the attention that has been showered upon her will be transferred to the baby. In her particular case, I think she might be a tad bit jealous at first, until she makes the adjustment.
She should not be afraid to ask for help. If M & F both plan on doing this together, they both should realize that asking for help, opinions, advice, or whatever, will be helpful for all those involved in this child's life. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. She/they also need to take things with a grain of salt. She will be critized for everthing she does or does not do. As long as she does what is in the baby's best interest, then everything else will work itself out.
But most importantly, she/they need to understand that it is not the "quantity" of time spent with the child, but the "quality" of time spent together.
You can spend every waking moment with someone and just because you are together does not mean that every moment is memorable.
Children have a tendancey to remember the times, and things that mean the most to them, that are enjoyable. Where they enjoyed being with their parent(s).
She should continue to do her work & have both her public & private life, but know her limitations.
Good Luck and Best Wishes to M & F.:)

Roshanah 08-09-2005 03:25 PM

Hi Sesa! Welcome to the CPF and CPM Forum!:)

I myself had a governess (not to say that my mother didn't spend quality time with me when I was a Child) In my case I found it enriching, I had two familie sinstead of One and that made me feel like Super loveable Girl.:)

However each person is different so adjusting to life within the Royal Court mightn't be a piece of cake compared to becoming a first time Mother (Princess Diana of Wales for instance she found both terrifying but later became accustomed.)

I agree with you that they at all times must remember that the quality and not necessarily the quantity of time spent with their Little one, is the key for their Child cherishing their soon to-be newfound parents.

Best wishes for your wonderful future CPF and CPM! :) :) :)





Quote:

Originally Posted by sesa
Hi everyone! I'm somewhat new to this forum and have been reading all these threads for awhile now. But for some reason, I felt compelled to reply to this one with all the hullabaloo that has been going on about Mary having a "no nanny approach" to raising their child.

First of all, being married and adjusting to life within the Royal Family is a piece of cake compared to being a first time mother.
She should understand that once she has the baby, all the attention that has been showered upon her will be transferred to the baby. In her particular case, I think she might be a tad bit jealous at first, until she makes the adjustment.
She should not be afraid to ask for help. If M & F both plan on doing this together, they both should realize that asking for help, opinions, advice, or whatever, will be helpful for all those involved in this child's life. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. She/they also need to take things with a grain of salt. She will be critized for everthing she does or does not do. As long as she does what is in the baby's best interest, then everything else will work itself out.
But most importantly, she/they need to understand that it is not the "quantity" of time spent with the child, but the "quality" of time spent together.
You can spend every waking moment with someone and just because you are together does not mean that every moment is memorable.
Children have a tendancey to remember the times, and things that mean the most to them, that are enjoyable. Where they enjoyed being with their parent(s).
She should continue to do her work & have both her public & private life, but know her limitations.
Good Luck and Best Wishes to M & F.:)


tiaraprin 08-10-2005 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmily
Well said. I'm amazed at some of the posts here and how mean and critical they are. No, she's not perfect, but give her a time to grow into her role! She's been married a little over a year and is now expecting her first child. I think she'll do her new country proud.

Right on Emily!! These negative criticisms of Mary are not warranted IMO. Give the woman a break! You cannot become royal overnight. She wasn't born a royal. She needs time to get into her role and on top of that she is pregnant!!

If I was going to give her advice, it would have been NOT to get pregnant in the first year of marriage. Settle in with Frederik and start adapting to your role. The children would soon follow.

carlota 08-10-2005 06:19 AM

no more covers or interviews on magazines! honestly, my idea of mary changed so much after seeing all those covers in such a short time after her marriage. to me, that isn't the way of supporting monarchy or the associations she is patron to. as other poster in this forum said, having to support the fashion of a country doesnt mean you need to pose for vogue wearing expensive clothes (practically all of them, excluding one or two, from international designers) and most of them were non danish magazines (except from dansk). also, being princess doesnt mean you need to give interviews telling how much your life changed since. to me that was really pretentious and not discreet or elegant at all. seemed to me she wanted to be a model more than a princess and that she had her ego as high as a mountain.

Little_star 08-10-2005 08:14 AM

"no more covers or interviews on magazines! honestly, my idea of mary changed so much after seeing all those covers in such a short time after her marriage. to me, that isn't the way of supporting monarchy or the associations she is patron to. as other poster in this forum said, having to support the fashion of a country doesnt mean you need to pose for vogue wearing expensive clothes (practically all of them, excluding one or two, from international designers) and most of them were non danish magazines (except from dansk). also, being princess doesnt mean you need to give interviews telling how much your life changed since. to me that was really pretentious and not discreet or elegant at all. seemed to me she wanted to be a model more than a princess and that she had her ego as high as a mountain."

I completely agree, Mary is not the only woman of a non-royal background to marry a Crown Prince and yet she's the one who has handled the tranistion the worst.

The topic is about adivce that can be given to Mary, it can come in many forms.
It's not just a Mary lovefest.

Australian 08-10-2005 08:21 AM

well personally i think she has handled the position quite well. It is a difficult position to take on and my hat goes off to Mary. So what if she does alot of photos? She is trying to become the face of Denmark, she is trying to publicise the country that she happens to be the future queen of. Why critisize for trying to do that?

Little_star 08-11-2005 05:08 PM

"So what if she does alot of photos? She is trying to become the face of Denmark, she is trying to publicise the country that she happens to be the future queen of. Why critisize for trying to do that?"

Except Denmark features very little in alot of her interviews. It's often just fluffy stuff about how wonderful being a Princess is and how she met Frederick.

Australian 08-12-2005 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star
"So what if she does alot of photos? She is trying to become the face of Denmark, she is trying to publicise the country that she happens to be the future queen of. Why critisize for trying to do that?"

Except Denmark features very little in alot of her interviews. It's often just fluffy stuff about how wonderful being a Princess is and how she met Frederick.

But its not upto her what questions she gets asked, she only answers the questions she is given, im sure if the interviewers asked her questions about her role and important stuff, then she would answer them properly and actually talk about them. If she gets asked questions about how she met Fred and being a princess etc, its not her fault, it is just the questions she is given to answer.

Little_star 08-12-2005 06:58 AM

Australian, as with most celebrity interviews, the questions are agreed on by the interviewer and the interviewee before it takes place. Moreover there will be certain topics that will be expressly forbidden. For example Mary might say she doesn't want to comment on Alexandra's divroce. She can steer th interview whichever way she chooses by simply saying she doesn't want to talk about how she met Frederick. She never does that though.

Australian 08-12-2005 07:03 AM

She is fairly new to the media game, its only been a year and a bit. But i think we are going to have to agree to disagree :)

Fashionista100 08-12-2005 08:20 AM

I have to point out that Mary has only done two fashion shoots. Then a Vanity fair (done by almost every royal in Europe) nd her engagement interview which Alex also did. The only reason you see the photos everywhere is b/c other magazines are reproducing them. She has only done a few interviews too. Again, they have been reproduced extensively. So yes, you are going to read about her and Fred meeting. Because in the few interviews that were done with her that is what they asked.

I do not believe that the anger towards Mary is unwarrented. If you are going to be pissed at Mary for something so little as the above, then you have to be angry with all the other crown princesses too. I would be easy to pick all of them apart if that is what you wanted to do. It just happens you don't like Mary.

I think Mary is doing fine and a fantastic job. I hope she keeps it up.

Australian 08-12-2005 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fashionista100
So yes, you are going to read about her and Fred meeting. Because in the few interviews that were done with her that is what they asked.

I think Mary is doing fine and a fantastic job. I hope she keeps it up.

That is what i tried to say above. She only talks about meeting fred etc because they asked her, she didnt say anything like "please ask me about me meeting fred, please" or something, C'mon, honestly.
And yes, she is doing a top job


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises