The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 8: December 2005 - Feb. 2006 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/king-juan-carlos-and-queen-sofia-current-events-part-8-december-2005-feb-2006-a-8381.html)

Elsa M. 12-31-2005 05:20 AM

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 8: December 2005 - Feb. 2006

Welcome to the new thread dedicated to the current events of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.

The old thread can be found here.

Please note that this thread is for Current News and Pictures only.

Have fun! :)

lula 01-03-2006 03:23 PM

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/...les_667995.htm

The King Juan Carlos will receive tomorrow in hearing Evo Morales

The King Juan Carlos will receive tomorrow at 20:30 in hearing the elect Bolivian president, Evo Morales, as reported the Royal House in a communique.
This meeting, of which it had not reported before, will allow to the monarch to speak with the close Bolivian agent chief executive before his capture of possession of January 22. In this respect, the Prince of Asturias, don Felipe, will preside at the Spanish delegation that travels to La Paz for the assumption of the cargo on the part of Morales.

lula 01-04-2006 03:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
MADRID, Spain: Newly elected Bolivian President Evo Morales (L) speaks with Spain's King Juan Carlos (C) and Spanish foreign minister Miguel Angel Moratinos during an audience with the King at the Zarzuela Palace in Madrid, 04 January 2006. Morales, the first elected indigenous leader of Bolivia has vowed to nationalise energy production but also pledged he would not put at risk foreign investment in the country. AFP PHOTO/Pedro ARMESTRE. (Photo credit should read PEDRO ARMESTRE/AFP/Getty Images)

lula 01-04-2006 03:51 PM

8 Attachment(s)
From AP and Reuters via yahoo

lula 01-04-2006 04:08 PM

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...nos_669528.htm

King receives Morales in hearing he came accompanied by Moratinos

The King received today the elect president of Bolivia, Evo Morales, who came to the hearing in the Palace of the Zarzuela accompanied by the minister of Foreign Affairs, Michael Angel Moratinos.
Don Juan Carlos greeted Evo Morales in the lounge of hearings of the Palace , where he met this one on 20.50 hours.
A speaker of the House of the King explained to Efe that the hearing to Evo Morales inscribes in the meetings that Don Juan Carlos supports providing that an elect president of Latin America comes to Spain in visit of work before the capture of possession.
The Prince of Asturias will travel to Bolivia to represent Spain in the capture of Evo Morales's possession next 22nd, as there remembered today the secretary of State of Communication, Fernando Moraleda.

lula 01-04-2006 04:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
From elmundo:

Elsa M. 01-04-2006 04:31 PM

Don't you find odd to see Morales wearing so informaly, to meet His Majesty?...

Mascha 01-04-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elsa M.

Yeah, I would have worn my "sunday" outfit. :p

Juanita 01-04-2006 04:49 PM

Quote:

Yes... i was thinking the same...

Juanita 01-04-2006 04:51 PM

The website of the Royal House is maintenance!
What do you think... what are they changing?

crisiñaki 01-04-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

He always wears the same kind of clothing; I've never seen Evo wearing a suit since I first heard of him (6, maybe 7 years ago)

Juanita 01-04-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisiñaki
He always wears the same kind of clothing; I've never seen Evo wearing a suit since I first heard of him (6, maybe 7 years ago)

Never??? :eek:
But sometimes he must wear something different.. but if he likes and if he is good like that... we can't critized! Well we can... but like i said, if i likes.... :)

crisiñaki 01-04-2006 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
Never??? :eek:
But sometimes he must wear something different.. but if he likes and if he is good like that... we can't critized! Well we can... but like i said, if i likes.... :)

He comes from a native american culture, he likes to wear comfortable clothes or his traditional "robes" to say it in a way; besides he is a sindical leader, many of them have a phobe of ties and suits, because they are a symbol of the "capitalism" they fought so hard against...

purple_platinum 01-05-2006 02:06 AM

what is a bit weird is why 1 wear sweater while the other wear suit.
perhaps if both of them wear sweater, that it won't be that odd.
but, i like the new president of bolivia... still haven't lose his roots, huh?

Ariel 01-05-2006 05:36 AM

It would have been nice if he used his traditional clothes! That is the use of many leaders. In any case it is great that he is himself and maintain his ways and traditions. I'm sure it does not bother the king at all.

Juanita 01-05-2006 06:58 AM

Happy Birthday, King Juan Carlos!!!!! :)

fanletizia 01-05-2006 10:03 AM

The King celebrates his 68 birthdays with a normal day and in family

Don Juan Carlos he will today celebrate its 68 birthdays in family, according to informed a spokesman into the House of the King. According to the sources, the King today does not have any official act in his agenda, although he will have a normal day of worked.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...mal_670475.htm

LaChicaMadrilena 01-05-2006 11:23 AM

iiiFeliz Cumpleańos, Majestad!!!

Elsa M. 01-05-2006 11:38 AM

Today, the folks of La Zarzuela must be literally sunk in presents... it's the king's 68th birthday and this is a great night in Spain, when the children finally can open the Christmas presents, brought by the Three Wise Men... :)

Lucidu 01-05-2006 12:50 PM

Happy birthday to the king!!!!!!!!
:) :) :)