The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Christening of Prince Christian; January 21, 2006 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/christening-of-prince-christian-january-21-2006-a-8173.html)

purple_platinum 11-14-2005 09:45 AM

Christening of Prince Christian; January 21, 2006

English translation from http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/3a82774

Christening

Issued Monday November 14, 2005

On Saturday the 21st of January, 2006, the son of Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark will be christened at 11:00 a.m. in Christiansborg Palace Church, Copenhagen.

Further information regarding press arrangements will follow.

P. Thornit
Chief of the Court of
TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark

ysbel 11-14-2005 09:45 AM

So it takes that long to get Mary's relatives from Australia? Wow! I'm disappointed because there is no way he's going to fit in the traditional christening gown.

gattica28 11-14-2005 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple_platinum
English translation from http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/3a82774

Christening

Issued Monday November 14, 2005

On Saturday the 21st of January, 2006, the son of Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark will be christened at 11:00 a.m. in Christiansborg Palace Church, Copenhagen.

Further information regarding press arrangements will follow.

P. Thornit
Chief of the Court of
TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark

Since he's being christened in the "Christiansborg Palace Church"...maybe his name will be "Christian" afterall! Nice symbolism! As for the christening gown...this can be altered can't it?

Layla1971 11-14-2005 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gattica28
Since he's being christened in the "Christiansborg Palace Church"...maybe his name will be "Christian" afterall! Nice symbolism! As for the christening gown...this can be altered can't it?

Or maybe they are breaking with tradition, and using a new gown? Maybe one with an Australian detail?

ysbel 11-14-2005 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gattica28

I hope so!

Royal Fan 11-14-2005 10:27 AM

Im glad we have a date
For a name
How about
Christian -Alexander Henrik Holgar Joachim Felix Nicholas Paul :)

LaMinka 11-14-2005 10:30 AM

Well, I don't think Haakon is going to be a godparents now.. the chirstening is on the date of is daugthers birthday. Well he can be a godparent but..

Layla1971 11-14-2005 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaMinka
Well, I don't think Haakon is going to be a godparents now.. the chirstening is on the date of is daugthers birthday. Well he can be a godparent but..

The whole family could go to Copenhagen, and celebrate both occassions together.:)

Gloriana 11-14-2005 10:48 AM

What a pity that he probably won't be wearing the old christening-robe.:( I like traditions like that.

nokklav 11-14-2005 10:50 AM

i get crazy when two royal celebrations happen at the same time.....

i am disappointed it's gonna be that long and that the fact his name will be christan has become so obvious....

ps: i am not an expert at all but, could it be that it takes so long so that his jaundice will pass, or does it usually pass fast?

tnx!

Larzen 11-14-2005 10:55 AM

Ingrid Alexandra turning two is not a major royal event, Haakon can still be the godfather if he is asked, he can even bring his daughter to Copenhagen. If the the royal families should not plan their events so that they would not crash with birthdays they would never get to arrange anything.

KikkiB 11-14-2005 10:57 AM

If they want to break traditions (the Frederik-Christian-Frederik-Christian etc.) and still be traditional in a historical perspective, Kristoffer might be a choice (since they had some kings with that name in the late medivals). Though I think Christian is better than Kristoffer (no offence to all of you with the name Christopher, Kristoffer and other variations!!)

But my guess is that the surprise will lie in the choice of middle names (as he is likely to have 2-3 of them).

LaMinka 11-14-2005 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
Ingrid Alexandra turning two is not a major royal event, Haakon can still be the godfather if he is asked, he can even bring his daughter to Copenhagen. If the the royal families should not plan their events so that they would not crash with birthdays they would never get to arrange anything.

Well you're rigth, I never think about that.

norwegianne 11-14-2005 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen

Exactly - or he could do as Frederik did with Ingrid Alexandra - and not show.

Layla1971 11-14-2005 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne
Exactly - or he could do as Frederik did with Ingrid Alexandra - and not show.

Frederik didn't show at I-A's christening?

LaMinka 11-14-2005 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layla1971
Frederik didn't show at I-A's christening?

Both he and Felipe didn't show up. Of Ingrids seven godpartens just CP Victoria, King Harald, Marit Tjesseim and Princess Märtha Louise was there

norwegianne 11-14-2005 12:27 PM

A reminder: Possible names can be discussed here

Suggestions for sponsors/godparents can be made here

Layla1971 11-14-2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaMinka
Marit Tjesseim was there

Who is Marit Tjesseim? I know she must be a relative of Mette-Marit, I think she's her mother?

nokklav 11-14-2005 12:33 PM

i was not saying that they should avoid birthdays obviously...it was let's say me thinking aloud. it would be impossible. but an example as alexia's christening on the same day as albert enthronment is ridiculous!

betina 11-14-2005 02:02 PM

Frederik attended his own bachelor party on the same day as I A was babtized