The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Records in Baby production (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/records-in-baby-production-8162.html)

betina 12-06-2005 04:48 PM

Records in Baby production

Lets make a thread of who female royal that have produced the highest number of children.
Who is number one? :)

Maxie 12-06-2005 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betina
Lets make a thread of who female royal that have produced the highest number of children.
Who is number one? :)

Well, in history that must have been Queen Victoria. She had nine children. Don't know if she's the number one though, there are probably some royals who had more children than she did... :)

betina 12-06-2005 05:01 PM

Didnt queen Anne had more children than 9?

pollyemma 12-06-2005 05:09 PM

well if we start digging into history there were I'm sure many medieval royal ladies who had very high volumes of children. (not all of whom lived to adulthood).

Eleanor of Aquitaine had 2 kids with Louis VII and 8 with Henry II.

magnik 12-06-2005 06:08 PM

Which I know:

- James II Stuart had 27 with 4 women: 8 - Anne Hyde; 12 - Maria Beatrice d'Este; 4 - Arabella Churchill; 3 - Catherine Sedle.:eek:
- James brother Charles II about 20 with different women.:eek:
- James I Stuart about 9 with Anne von Oldenburg.
- Henry VIII Tudor had many childrens.

- Ferdinand I von Habsburg (1503 - 1564) with Anna Jagiellonka - 15:
Maximilian II (1527 - 1576) with Maria von Habsburg - 16;
Karl II (1540 - 1590) with Maria von Wittelsbach - 15;
Leopold I von Habsburg (1640 - 1705) - 16 with 3 wifes:
first - 4; second - 2; third - 10.
- empress Maria Theresia von Habsburg - 16.
- Leopold II (MT son) with Maria Luisa de Borbon - 16.
- Franz II (LII son) with his 2 from 4 wifes - with Elisabeth von Wurttemberg only 1; with Maria Teresa di Borbone 11.
- Maria-Valerie (Sisi's daughter) with Franz Salvator - 10.
- Maria-Karolina (MT daught.) with Ferdinando I king of Two-Sicile - 18.:eek:

- Carlos III of Spain with wife -13.

- Louis XV with many women - about 24 / with wife Marie Leszczyńska 10.:eek:
- Henri II about 13 - 10 with Catherine de Medici.
- Isabel D'Orleans e Braganca, princes of Brasil (1911 - 2003) with Henri d'Orleans, comte de Paris - 11.

- August III king of Poland and Furst of Sachsen with Maria-Josepha von Habsburg - 15.
- Kazimierz IV Jagiellończyk king of Poland with Elisabeth von Habsburg known as "Mother of the kings" - 13.
His daughter Zofia Jagiellonka with Friedrich V vin Hohenzollern 13 too.

- Peter I Le Grand emperor of Russia all 14 - with 2nd wife - 11.

Maxie 12-06-2005 07:07 PM

Well I guess that's why betina asked for female royals with a lot of children. As we all know it's much more easier for men to have so many children as you showed us, magnik. :D But it is pretty impressive though... :p

27 children! Wow! I think I would run away within a day, screaming and yelling !

magnik 12-06-2005 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxie
Well I guess that's why betina asked for female royals with a lot of children. As we all know it's much more easier for men to have so many children as you showed us, magnik. :D But it is pretty impressive though... :p

I know that betina talk about female but not everyone know all these ladies and that's the reason why I as first gave men. :D

Poor all these women.
Men always has easier than we:mad:

BTW.
Philippa d'Avesnes/better known of Hainault gave to Edward III just 14 children. Only first 12 almost year by year.
Edward's grandpa Edward I with Eleanor of Castilla had 20 children:eek:

regardez 12-06-2005 08:35 PM

Who currently has had the most children? I know Princess Caroline has a lot, but it's nothing compared to those old timers!

MoonlightRhapsody 12-06-2005 09:29 PM

I can't remember her name, but the sister of Prince Philippe has quite a bit of children.

Ahh, I remember, Princess Astrid of Belgium. She has 5 children.

Lena 12-06-2005 09:41 PM

I think most impressive is Empress Maria Theresia. She wasn´t just a "breeding machine" related by marriage, but she was also a real regent (who set some important reforms) I´m well aware, that she must have had a legion of nannies and one can argue, that her offspring had its faults (I just say Marie Antoinette and the famous "if they have no bread, then let them eat cake!"-statement :D :rolleyes: ), but its surely a big burden to work as real regent and to be pregnant all the time. That she has survived all births IMO already seems like a little miracle.

I think today we won´t see anymore a Royal family with 10+ children. Most Crown princes(ses) marry quite late and then there´s often not much time left for many children.
Besides they don´t need children anymore to win influence through marriage. And many support the idea of getting really involved in their education. When you get really involved, you either get many children and then you have to drop every demand for perfection over board and you have to support "chaos theory" ;) or you get only a few children.
I think most children (among the mothers younger than 50) have now princess Astrid of Belgium (5), Maria Teresa of Luxembourg (5), Infanta Christina (4) and Princess Caroline (4)
A feeling tells me, that we won´t have more Royal mothers with 4 or 5 children. I think most will stop at 2 or 3. Maybe Mette Marit will get one more, but then it would be only Haakons 3rd child and the "gap" to Marius would be quite big.

pdas1201 12-06-2005 09:55 PM

George III and Charlotte and Mecklingburg-Sterlitz had 15 children. The book "Princesses" by Flora Fraser is based on his six daughters.

regardez 12-06-2005 10:23 PM

Oh Queen Rania also has four.

Lena 12-06-2005 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regardez
Oh Queen Rania also has four.

True...I had forgotten her :o In her case I could also imagine a nr. 5. Or have they said, that they quited with Prince Hashem?

Maxie 12-06-2005 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnik
Edward's grandpa Edward I with Eleanor of Castilla had 20 children:eek:

Wow, that's extraordinary!!! :eek:

Beck 12-06-2005 10:42 PM

George III and Queen Charlotte had 15 children.

sara1981 12-07-2005 12:25 AM

HM Queen Elizabeth of England raise 4 children
HM Queen Beatrix of Netherland raise 3 children
HM Queen Paola of Beligum raise 3 children
HM Queen Sophia of Spain raise 3 children

HRH CP Princess Mathilde raise 3 children
HRH Princess Claire raise 3 children also by twins in February 2006
HRH Princess Laurenterin raise 3 children but she expect her thrid child on summer 2006

im not sure what another lists on Royals ladies!

Dennism 12-07-2005 01:26 AM

King Chulalongkorn(Rama V) of Thailand was a rather active fellow...He had 92 concubines. Of the 77 children:eek: that were produced, 33 were sons and 44 were daughters. Princess Dara Rassamee(his only wife) bore the King one child, a daughter who died tragically at the age of three.

regardez 12-07-2005 01:41 AM

Ewww, that's disgusting. What year did he live in?

Maxie 12-07-2005 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regardez
Ewww, that's disgusting. What year did he live in?

LOL! I rather call it productive. What on earth was he thinking? A baby a day keeps the doctor away? :rolleyes:

Dennism 12-07-2005 01:45 AM

He lived from 1853-1910.