The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/)
-   -   Princess Stephanie Current Events 6 : Dec.2005 - Feb.2006 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/princess-stephanie-current-events-6-dec-2005-feb-2006-a-8083.html)

Gabriella 11-30-2005 11:12 PM

Princess Stephanie Current Events 6 : Dec.2005 - Feb.2006
 
Welcome to the newest thread dedicated to Princess Stephanie.

You can find the previous thread here

michelle 12-01-2005 08:50 AM

A 30 year old servant of the Princely Palace is held resopnsible for emotionally pestering Princess Stephanie by sending 25 sms containing ' messegas showing a cerain délire amoureux ( mad love)' . The messages didn't contain ' any dirty intention' but showed the already mentioned 'signs of being madly in love' . These 25 sms had been send to the princess between December 2004 and July 2005. After the princess expressed her cmoplain the young man lost his job at the princely court and was admitted to 8 days of prison by the ' tribunal correctionel' of the Principality on Tuesday.

AFP Article

nayralorenzo 12-01-2005 08:54 AM

8 days only? I hope Stephanie will be safe...

michelle 12-01-2005 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayralorenzo
8 days only? I hope Stephanie will be safe...

Yes, and those 8 days are only on probation....

Here's the article in german

sebastian 12-01-2005 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle
A 30 year old servant of the Princely Palace is held resopnsible for emotionally pestering Princess Stephanie by sending 25 sms containing ' messegas showing a cerain délire amoureux ( mad love)' . The messages didn't contain ' any dirty intention' but showed the already mentioned 'signs of being madly in love' . These 25 sms had been send to the princess between December 2004 and July 2005. After the princess expressed her cmoplain the young man lost his job at the princely court and was admitted to 8 days of prison by the ' tribunal correctionel' of the Principality on Tuesday.

AFP Article

Ewww - what a pest, such a jerk ... why bother her. Poor Stephie :mad:

lashinka2002 12-01-2005 09:31 AM

Well hopefully this scoundrel gets the point now and backs off!!

paca 12-01-2005 10:25 AM

How did he get her number in the first place? A private mobile number shouldn't be handed out randomly to the personel IMO. If it wasn't stephanie wo gave it to him (if it was her might want to be more careful about it), than it might be worth seeking out the person who did, to make sure it doesn't happen again.

RADKER18 12-01-2005 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paca
How did he get her number in the first place?.

Well he worked at the palace he could have just looked for it of could have just got it somehow I do not think she gave it to him. Hope he leaves her alone now .Albert might have to teach him a lesson:D :p ;)

sebastian 12-01-2005 02:29 PM

[quote=RADKER18Albert might have to teach him a lesson:D :p ;)[/quote]

I'm sure he already did ...like "bingo-bongo a****** stay away from my little sister!:mad:!!!! :mad::mad::mad: "

paca 12-01-2005 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RADKER18
Well he worked at the palace he could have just looked for it of could have just got it somehow I do not think she gave it to him. Hope he leaves her alone now .Albert might have to teach him a lesson:D :p ;)

Working at the palace does not give him unlimited access to the premisses. I sincerely doubt that even if you work there, that you could just easily snoop around to find the private mobile numbers of the princely family. Considering the security messures taken, when you are just invited for a quick reception, I doubt that there is no one in charge to keep an eye on the ones inside.

Besides 25 sms in 6 months is not a lot, I know teenies who write that many per hour;) . Not that I approve of pestering people, but I am sure there would have been other ways of dealing with it (changing number and sacking him probably would have ended it rather quickly). 8 days prison is in MC a lot, especially when you consider that people who have kept "slaves"(term used by MC prosecutor) for years only have to pay a fine of a couple of thousand Euros plus a warning (and one has to remember that it was a German billionaire who got caught), I find the punishment for 25 sms rather harsh. Especially since he did not use any extreme language. Besides, why not delete them without reading them? And then go and sack him.

Just my 2 cents

sebastian 12-01-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paca
Working at the palace does not give him unlimited access to the premisses. I sincerely doubt that even if you work there, that you could just easily snoop around to find the private mobile numbers of the princely family. Considering the security messures taken, when you are just invited for a quick reception, I doubt that there is no one in charge to keep an eye on the ones inside.

Besides 25 sms in 6 months is not a lot, I know teenies who write that many per hour;) . Not that I approve of pestering people, but I am sure there would have been other ways of dealing with it (changing number and sacking him probably would have ended it rather quickly). 8 days prison is in MC a lot, especially when you consider that people who have kept "slaves"(term used by MC prosecutor) for years only have to pay a fine of a couple of thousand Euros plus a warning (and one has to remember that it was a German billionaire who got caught), I find the punishment for 25 sms rather harsh. Especially since he did not use any extreme language. Besides, why not delete them without reading them? And then go and sack him.

Just my 2 cents

Well, as we don't know what was the content of the mesages we should be rather careful. Maybe he attempted to come around at her house or something. Maybe he also called her on the phone. However this is called stalking. If it is 25 sms or 250, I think that doesn't matter. She felt harressed and that's enough. She's a woman living alone with 3 children and although she has bodyguards for the daytime she's alone at night ( if Mathieu isn't in the house) so ... even if there is a lot of security - I think she just felt insecure. I think she was right to tell the police.

Grace 12-01-2005 03:22 PM

Bodyguards and police are always around the Princesses' houses, so I doubt she is unprotected at night..It would be very strange and very irresponsible to have her and her children unprotected even in Monaco which is an almost irrealisticly safe place...

Kisses

sebastian 12-01-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace
Bodyguards and police are always around the Princesses' houses, so I doubt she is unprotected at night..It would be very strange and very irresponsible to have her and her children unprotected even in Monaco which is an almost irrealisticly safe place...

Kisses

There are no bodyguards around at night - just the police. But anyhow , I do understand she felt unsafe.

michelle 12-01-2005 05:05 PM

I seem to understand very well what my brother wants to say:
For each woman ( at least those I know) it is normal to fear such things like unwanted men, people who follow you etc. I believe Stephanie was just scared by his contunuing messages ( no matter how many). If you don't really know what someones projects are, what he really wants, what he's up to, what he's capable for ... that scares you. I do understand quite well that Stephanie was scared and felt very uncomfortable .. even though she knows she's highly protected. Don't you know this feeling of fearing something unknown no matter if your family is in the house with you or you rationally know nothing serious will happen but still you feel uncomfortable ..
I think it was the right thing to do for Steph to inform the police... that way she could cut it short before it got more dangerous.

If this guy would have send one message saying : "I love you like crazy, You're beautiful ..etc " .. it might have been ok and Stephanie would have left it at that and changed her number ( she even did change her number anyhow now I think) ... but this continious messaging frightend her ... and I understand that very well.

paca 12-01-2005 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle
I seem to understand very well what my brother wants to say:
For each woman ( at least those I know) it is normal to fear such things like unwanted men, people who follow you etc. I believe Stephanie was just scared by his contunuing messages ( no matter how many). If you don't really know what someones projects are, what he really wants, what he's up to, what he's capable for ... that scares you. I do understand quite well that Stephanie was scared and felt very uncomfortable .. even though she knows she's highly protected. Don't you know this feeling of fearing something unknown no matter if your family is in the house with you or you rationally know nothing serious will happen but still you feel uncomfortable ..
I think it was the right thing to do for Steph to inform the police... that way she could cut it short before it got more dangerous.

If this guy would have send one message saying : "I love you like crazy, You're beautiful ..etc " .. it might have been ok and Stephanie would have left it at that and changed her number ( she even did change her number anyhow now I think) ... but this continious messaging frightend her ... and I understand that very well.

I know this very well and have been through it several times and don't think that there was any policemen who would have done anything. (one of the stalkers was surveying my ground floor appartment day and night, following me on the street, sneaking into my house and standing in front of my door trying to sneak a peak etc etc) Even in MC they wouldn't do anything unless you are being physically attact. If Steph would have been bothered by only one sms, they would have done sth. If I (or any other non royal person) would have received hundreds of death threats, nothing would have been done, unless I would have been actually agressed. I live here and I read the papers and I talk to people. In MC the police are not even able to help battered wifes. There is only one female police officer to help the victims (after the fact). And it is not very easy for a normal woman to get the help she needs to protect herself and her children in MC. You won't read that in the regular papers and a lot of it you will never find printed in the Monaco section of the local paper, only if you look hard in the regional section. Point is there are 2 different kinds of people and 2 kinds of law.

Btw just recently a woman got murdered by her son who was known as being mentally unstable and had been in MC prison. He murdered his mum in an appartment nearby MCs largest playground and a school. After the fact he went to the polidce to render himself.otherwise they probably would not have known for a while, that a crime had been committed.

The double murder of an elderly british couple in their appartment (they were found by a caretaker about 4 weeks after the facts) is still not clear. Neither has their been any arrests for the bombing of the Stadium (where people are still waiting for the repairs to be done). So much about MC being a safe place. It certainly isn't for normal people. Try crossing the road here sometimes. And it doesn't matter whether the policeman stands just a few meters away. They commit hit and run anyway. And if you are unlucky enough to be pregnant and not be able to go to the police within 2 days because you are risking a double miscarriage, then it doesn't matter that you know the license plate because a normal person only has 48 hours to file a complaint. Have that happen to one of the royals, the person would spend the rest of his life in prison.

Just my opinion and experience.

Grace 12-01-2005 08:12 PM

My experience is that of a normal tourist coming to MC in the summer and comparing it to Rome where I studied and other capitals in the world, two worlds apart! And Rome is one of the safest big cities around Europe, but in MC you can walk at night all dressed up (someone with jewels) and feel safe. I don't know how it feels like to actually live there, but I have been a tourist in many cities and I've never felt that safe anywhere...Plus ( and I don't say this to imply that what Steph did was wrong as I have no basis to judge) a member of the princely family has (or can easily obtain) a kind of protection much superiour to normal citizens.

Kisses

paca 12-01-2005 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace
My experience is that of a normal tourist coming to MC in the summer and comparing it to Rome where I studied and other capitals in the world, two worlds apart! And Rome is one of the safest big cities around Europe, but in MC you can walk at night all dressed up (someone with jewels) and feel safe. I don't know how it feels like to actually live there, but I have been a tourist in many cities and I've never felt that safe anywhere...Plus ( and I don't say this to imply that what Steph did was wrong as I have no basis to judge) a member of the princely family has (or can easily obtain) a kind of protection much superiour to normal citizens.

Kisses

as a tourist you are bound to feel safe because you see all the policemen in their uniforms and the cameras. When you live here you will see, how often they do look the other way, especially when it comes to car drivers versus pedestrians. As a pedestrian you better consider yourself second rate, because people do not stop for you or look out for you. While I lived in Monaco someone armed with a knife tried to break into our house on a Saturday afternoon. Fortunately he got caught before he could do any damage. Now I live 2 streets down in France and nothing ever happened. And here we do not have any security. Difference is that here people do not expect to find anything worth stealing, in Monaco I wouldn't (like most people who have lived here a while) want to live in an unprotected building. And even there things happen, as shows the case of the murdered couple.

the only things happening here (France direct border MC) is a bit of occasional vandalism, easy theft (like scooters, bikes) and occasional fights on the street between drunks. That's probably why after 6 you won't find an open policestation and on Saturdays and Sundays they are closed. Only 2 policemen in a car circle around a bit and catch the thiefs that break into shops close to the border (MC police has no jurisdiction , so they need presence of French police when robbers need to be arrested. i can watch them occasionally chasing someone from MC up the stairs, where the French wait for them;) )

Grace 12-02-2005 06:10 AM

Again, I know there is a huge difference between living permanently and spending some time ina place, so I hope you don't think I'm questioning your experience.
Anyway, when I came to Cote d'Azur I found a huge security gap between France (Antibes, Juan Les Pins and Nice) and MC, and I'm not talking about perception but about being actually bothered in many ways for example on my way home at night after the disco; what happened many times in Juan Les Pin never happened in Monaco; and Cote d'Azur (in the summer) is still in a league of its own compared to the majority of European cities: what I would do there I wouldn't do in London, or Paris (still while I was in a dorm in Antibes, there were two or three robberies...). As for the life of a pedestrian, take a walk in Rome, and you will tell me how you feel...

Anyway, once again, I think (and hope for her as she needs it) Steph is much more protected than the average citizen.

Kisses

sebastian 12-05-2005 09:53 AM

A little off topic - but how do you think could Stephanie name her 4th baby ( if she wouldf have one !) ???

I'd say : this ...

rchainho 12-05-2005 07:43 PM

portuguese report of VIP that says that Stephanie will marry again and with the bless of her brother, Albert. The marriage will be private and in Monaco.
http://www.supload.com/thumbs/default/steph1.jpg
http://www.supload.com/thumbs/default/steph2.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises