The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Most disappointing Royal 2005 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/most-disappointing-royal-2005-a-8004.html)

Lena 11-21-2005 08:17 PM

Most disappointing Royal 2005
 
Since we have the "best Royal 2005" and the "most talked about Royal 2005", I think we should also have a thread, which is a little more negative (of course not in the sense of putting others here down)
It would be unfair to make a list with 10 Royals, which represent my personal resentments. So I suggest that people make their suggestions and when there´s a trend of several Royals getting minus points, the moderators should decide, if and how to make a poll.

My suggestion is: crown princess Victoria
*Murmur on the board*...how can she dare?! :D Well, I still like her (as much as one can like a person, one doesn´t know). And I guess, BECAUSE I like her, I´m disappointed (maybe you know the saying "we just criticise, what we love"). It´s not that she has lost her special tie with the people...and her many official trips were surely a pleasure to watch, but this year was also full of incidences, I didn´t approve.
It all started with the Tsunami and her absence. The whole February she was practically on holiday. In February the sibling-interview from december was aired and she seemed snappish. In March she suddenly realised in an interview, that she´s into fashion (which she wasn´t 9 months ago) and talked about helping Swedish brands, while she also wore many international brands. In June she declared, she would prefer the throne over love (I know...I know...many are impressed by so much theoretical sense of duty...for me it sounded all too pathetic)
In August she complained about journalists making so many photos at the wedding of prince Manuel of Bavaria to his Anna.
In September she attacked a journalist by saying, that she wouldn´t want children, when they would be like him. And instead of either refusing to answer on Daniel or to say directly, that she loves him (which she has done more or less before) she told about the love to her doggy. I can´t say anything about October, since she has performed hardly any duties. All in all I´ve counted around 3 months pure holidays (among them trips to Verbier 2x USA, Milan...)
Well, actually I didn´t wanted to write that much. And when you are not disappointed about her, then go on to support her. I´ve a feeling, she´s a person, who can start and work better from/with a position of common adorement, than to start from an underdog-position (with headwind)
And now I would love to hear your suggestions.

Paula** 11-21-2005 08:39 PM

Hmmm Charlotte Casiraghi, I expected more on her :p
And a royal tittled I'm disappointed with Prince Harry, because of the Nazi thing
I think that was the bigger disappointment of the year, that was really really stupid :mad:

Lena 11-21-2005 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula**
Hmmm Charlotte Casiraghi, I expected more on her :p

:D So true

royaltywatcher 11-21-2005 08:54 PM

I'm not a big follower of Charlotte C., but I'm interested in your comments. In what ways has she fallen short?

paloma 11-21-2005 09:09 PM

Most disappointing royal: Prince Albert. He needs to grow up. His trying to hide or deny the fact that he has a son is just irresponsible and juvenile. This sordid affair is just another segment of that Monagasque trash soap opera that runs Monaco. No wonder other royals avoided his so called enthronement. If he is that worried about women taking advantage of him and getting pregnant, then for god's sake use a damn condom.:mad:

California Girl 11-21-2005 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paloma
Most disappointing royal: Prince Albert. He needs to grow up. His trying to hide or deny the fact that he has a son is just irresponsible and juvenile. This sordid affair is just another segment of that Monagasque trash soap opera that runs Monaco. No wonder other royals avoided his so called enthronement. If he is that worried about women taking advantage of him and getting pregnant, then for god's sake use a damn condom.:mad:

Hear! Hear! His behavior makes Harry's seem tame.

princess olga 11-21-2005 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paloma
Most disappointing royal: Prince Albert. He needs to grow up. His trying to hide or deny the fact that he has a son is just irresponsible and juvenile. :mad:

huh? you serious? I love strong opinions as much as the next person, but here you've lost me. Albert to me seemed the epitome of an adult this year: not only did he <acknowledge> to the world he's the father of Alexandre (alright, this was after the mother went to the media), he's taken on the responsibility of leading a nation (no, not merely as a figure head, like countless other royals, like Elizabeth of England; he has real influence in Monaco, which he practically owns). Also, the fact he is not married despite the whole world pressuring him to, actually shows real character! he is grown up enough to not succomb to public opinion, a la Charles marrying Diana.

paloma 11-21-2005 11:01 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he only owned up to the fact that he had a child because he would have been outed sooner or later. This was purely trying to control the damage that was about to ensue. For the majority of monarchies to not attend his enthronement shows the level of respect that they have for the Monagasque family.......ZERO! Have a good evening.:D

Jo 11-21-2005 11:16 PM

I second the prince albert motion. I think his dad was disappionted in him too.

Peaches 11-21-2005 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paloma
Most disappointing royal: Prince Albert. He needs to grow up. His trying to hide or deny the fact that he has a son is just irresponsible and juvenile. This sordid affair is just another segment of that Monagasque trash soap opera that runs Monaco. No wonder other royals avoided his so called enthronement. If he is that worried about women taking advantage of him and getting pregnant, then for god's sake use a damn condom.

I have to agree with Paloma. Even though I follow the Monaco threads, I think there is truth in this. Indeed, to some people it may seem harsh when you say that 'this sordid affair is just another segment of that Monagasque trash soap opera that runs Monaco' but I think that is a spot on description. I don't think he would have ever acknowledged or even revealed that he had a secret son had not Nicole Coste (is that her name?) outed the truth first.

royaltywatcher 11-22-2005 12:14 AM

I was a big fan of Princess Grace, and was always interested in Princess Caroline when she was young. I don't follow the Monaco threads, and I guess it's because they have become such a tacky family. They just don't seem royal. I really don't know what to make of Prince Albert. And Stephanie...please. Princess Caroline acts like a princess on the surface, but her personal life has lots of icky stuff in it...young marriage, divorce, pregnant at time of marriage, breaking up another marriage, etc. It's really sad. Princess Grace must be spinning in her grave.

Aussie Princess 11-22-2005 12:47 AM

After the tradgedy in London, I hoped to see William and Harry visiting hospitals with the rest of their family....William at least signed a condolence book in New Zealand, then prompty nicked off to Africa with his current and ex girls. Oh wait, Harry would have been trapped at Sandhurst at that stage wouldn't he?

princess olga 11-22-2005 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paloma
Sorry to burst your bubble, but he only owned up to the fact that he had a child because he would have been outed sooner or later. This was purely trying to control the damage that was about to ensue. For the majority of monarchies to not attend his enthronement shows the level of respect that they have for the Monagasque family.......ZERO! Have a good evening.:D

You are not bursting my bubble at all, I said in my former post that he acknowledged the child <after> the mother went to the media. Please <read> my post before reacting so smugly.
Also, if the fact he had a child out of wedlock is such a disappointment to you, I'd hate to burst <YOUR> bubble, but then you should have a very low opinion of one of the best kings out there today, Spain's Juan Carlos. A true womanizer, with lord knows how many mistresses (past and present) and offspring out of wedlock to boot.
the truth about <all> these royal families is, we don't even know the tips of the proverbial icebergs.
Plus, if a child out of wedlock is all it takes for you to be disappointed in someone...good luck in life to you, my friend!

oskana 11-22-2005 02:16 AM

prince harry and prince allbert both dissapointment...both did pathetic things this year....i hope they improve.

Marengo 11-22-2005 03:06 AM

I agree with Olga, I fail to see what is so disappointing about Albert this year. We all knew that he was a womaniser, so we could have foreseen that something like this would happen sooner or later. That this vulgar woman was so selfish to exploit her child for her own financial advantage is the real crime here (she is having a great time living in the french riviera from Alberts money). Albert in the end did the decent thing and was even open about it, which is admirable.

For me the most disappointing royal was Prince Harry with his Nazi-cravings ad his tacky girlfriend.

auntie 11-22-2005 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Princess
After the tradgedy in London, I hoped to see William and Harry visiting hospitals with the rest of their family....William at least signed a condolence book in New Zealand, then prompty nicked off to Africa with his current and ex girls. Oh wait, Harry would have been trapped at Sandhurst at that stage wouldn't he?

I agree! look how the Jordanian RF went to the hospitals and were so warm to the injured and families of the victims, and the extended RF went out to join demonstrations in the street, this is called to be with your people!

sm1939 11-22-2005 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie
I agree! look how the Jordanian RF went to the hospitals and were so warm to the injured and families of the victims, and the extended RF went out to join demonstrations in the street, this is called to be with your people!

I so agree with you about this , the spanish royal family where the same
when it happened in there country!

Australian 11-22-2005 08:25 AM

I think the most disappointing royal for me in 2005 is Prince Harry. He just had too many incidences and he just acted so immature this year.
Just my opinion.

pollyemma 11-22-2005 10:06 AM

definitely Albert. his whole "i was set up" response to his illegitimate child made me sick. he's very uninspiring as a leader. i'm glad i dont live in Monaco.

Lena i'm with you on victora. though i'm mainly just dissapointed in her clothes. everytime i think it can't get any worse, she hits a new low.

sebastian 11-22-2005 05:10 PM

What's all that talk about: You have to be royal, super-royal, mega-royal to be worthy - and the Monacos are just trash. I'm sorry to brake this to you but: All of these you're talking about are just people and I don't get what gets you so 'on' if you see them walking around and acting as if they swallowed a stick. What we need is people, humans, runaways, funny guys, honest girls, some of flesh and blood who have no fear to show they are -and some who care about life as it is : UP AND DOWN ...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises