The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Harry and Prince William (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Is William or Kate a snob? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/is-william-or-kate-a-snob-7988.html)

Ava Elizabeth 11-20-2005 06:44 AM

Is William or Kate a snob?

Is it just me or do anyone else have the impression of Prince William being snobish? I like him a lot, but he just seems to be a bit snobish/stuck-up..
Is he more of a snob than his brother, Harry?
What do you think?

Warren 11-20-2005 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ava Elizabeth
he just seems to be a bit snobbish/stuck-up.

... How so?

Ava Elizabeth 11-20-2005 06:48 AM

I don't know, I just got that impression.
Perhaps I'm all wrong but the british royal family is known for being a bit snobish.

Margrethe II 11-20-2005 06:50 AM

With all due respect, I hardly think this worthy of its own thread...

"MII"

Warren 11-20-2005 07:05 AM

Quote:

I don't know, I just got that impression.

You don't know? OK then, how did you get that impression? Why did you post the question?

Skydragon 11-20-2005 07:25 AM

Quote:

Is it just me or do anyone else have the impression of Prince William being snobish? I like him a lot, but he just seems to be a bit snobish/stuck-up..
Is he more of a snob than his brother, Harry?
What do you think?

With the media always ready to show up any bad points he may have, it would be hard to be too friendly in case people misinterpret it. He has been taught well by his father, to value any privacy he can get and not to bare his soul to the world.
He rightly wants to be seen as William, a person in his own right, rather than as the son of the Prince of Wales. He has been called YH since a very young age and it does not appear to have affected him.
So no, I don't think he is snobbish, just well mannered and well behaved.:)

Australian 11-20-2005 07:32 AM

It is his birthrite to be a snob lol.

Well maybe he could be snobby, well considering he is a british royal , i imagine he is a snob behind closed doors. Maybe not as snobby as other british royals. However, in public he seems very down to earth.

EmmieLou 11-20-2005 12:59 PM

I don;t think the British Royals are snobs, they are polite speakers etc but a snob to me is someone who thinks they are better than everyone else and says so. A snob is rude.

Snobbery has nothing to do with money either, I know plenty of poor snobs!

William does not come across as a snob at all in my opinion, he seems a polite young man.

tiaraprin 11-20-2005 01:25 PM

William is not a snob IMHO. He was taught better than that by his mother.

William has a difficult line to walk being the direct heir behind his father. He must remain somewhat aloof to protect himself and the monarchy and yet must show himself in touch with the people.

Usually at the age of 18, young royals begin to be called YRH by staff and servants. William eschews being called that or even Sir. He asks to be called William. That is not snobbish behavior in my opinion.

zeap 11-20-2005 06:38 PM

I personally think in order to know the true answer to this question, one would need to actually know the prince. However, from a personal standpoint, I think he is a kind young man who will make us a fine King when the time arrives.

karla64 11-21-2005 11:12 AM

Umm I don't think he is snob... He is very private person... I like him.... still do...... if he is snob and still liked him No matter what....

Harry's polo shirt 11-21-2005 11:42 AM

I think he is a snob.

Peaches 11-21-2005 11:59 PM

Maybe he's one of those shy people who isn't comfortable conversing well with people he meets the first time.

Snob or not, I don't know because I don't know him.

princess olga 11-22-2005 02:20 AM

What you mean maybe is that he comes across as a bit aloof sometimes? I would agree with that: I also think it's either out of shyness or some sort of self-defense mechanism stemming from the fact he's been haunded since practically the day he was born. Just imagine how annoying that must be for anyone, whether you're the son of the worshipped Diana of Wales, or not.

Skydragon 11-22-2005 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess olga
What you mean maybe is that he comes across as a bit aloof sometimes? I would agree with that: I also think it's either out of shyness or some sort of self-defense mechanism stemming from the fact he's been haunded since practically the day he was born. Just imagine how annoying that must be for anyone, whether you're the son of the worshipped Diana of Wales, or not.

I think he saw the mistakes his mother made and doesn't feel the need to 'court' the press or public.:)

Becky24 11-22-2005 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peaches
Maybe he's one of those shy people who isn't comfortable conversing well with people he meets the first time.

Snob or not, I don't know because I don't know him.

That's what I was thinking. Also, it's hard being just one of you and millions of other people to meet and talk to.

lady_windsor 11-22-2005 01:40 PM

i think william seems really nice...not a snob at all. pherhaps when he was younger but now, i think he is really shy and will come out of his shell eventually...just like his late mother...i certainly dont think he is a snob

Ellie2 11-22-2005 03:36 PM

I think he's really down-to-earth! when u see his bbc interviews he comes across as very approachable...i think you're confusing reserved with snobb..he seems to hold-back a little bit of his personality but i guess that's the only way for him to keep a peice of himself private...diana was very open, too open for my liking and at the end her openess and trust in people was betrayed just check out how many people have flogges books about something she told them in private!

polop 11-22-2005 07:52 PM

I think he is a snob.:)

Princejohnny25 11-22-2005 08:33 PM

I think William learned from his mothers over openess. His mother couldnt keep her mouth shut and invited the media into her life. He knows being quite and giving the media little bits like his father is best. He is reserved. I dont think he is a snob but I havent seem much of him. Mystery is of vital importence in the monarchys survival.