The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   Princess Máxima Visits Brazil; November 28th-December 1st, 2005 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/princess-m-xima-visits-brazil-november-28th-december-1st-2005-a-7931.html)

purple_platinum 11-14-2005 07:53 AM

Princess Máxima Visits Brazil; November 28th-December 1st, 2005

This is a thread dedicated to the upcoming visit of Princess Maxima to Brazil on November 28th - December 1st, 2005.

Please post any information, articles, and pictures here.
For more information of this royal visit : http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=10709

purple_platinum 11-14-2005 07:55 AM

translation from http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=10709 :

HRH Princess Máxima of the the Netherlands brings of Monday 28 November till and with Thursday 1 December a work visit at Brasil

She does this as a member of the Group of Counsellors for the International Year of the micro credit. The Princess will speak there with representatives of governments, central banks, private banks, (micro-)financieringsinstellingen, kredietnemers and NGO'S. De emphasis lies on the development of micro financing and the more accessible make of the mechanisms for microkredietverlening for the population.

The Princess speaks in Sao Paolo among many with Brazilian and Dutch bank institutions. Also they in the suburbs of the city projects of Banco Real visits and Unibanco. In Nova Trento, by Florianópolis, brings they among many a field visit at customers of a credit cooperation that actively are in the agricultural sector. In the capital Brasilia, the Princess speaks with governments representatives and the President of the Central Bank.

The General Assembly of the United Nations has 2005 exclaimed till International Year of the micro credit, in the hope and expectation that governments, banks, commit and not-gouvernementele organizations together a large leap forwards will make on this order. She closes near it at on one of the Millenniumdoelstellingen on developments territory: half ring of the world-wide poverty for 2015.

The Princess is accompanied by her trip to South-america by the two other Dutch UN-counsellors for the International Year of the micro credit, ma. Marilou of Golstein Brewers, manager International Funds by Triodos Bank, and Jhr. ma. Diederik Laman Trip, old-chairman of the board of ING the Netherlands.

3 November 2005

misshelen 11-28-2005 11:19 AM

9 Attachment(s)
First pictures from today... Colourpress

pollyemma 11-28-2005 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misshelen
First pictures from today... Colourpress

thanks for posting Misshelen.

To Maxima: I love your outfit, but please wash your hair!!!

misshelen 11-28-2005 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One more picture from Colourpress

misshelen 11-28-2005 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Picture from ANP without watermark:)

misshelen 11-28-2005 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another picture from Colourpress

cristine 11-28-2005 11:53 AM

I can't believe! She will be in a city near where I live and I won't be able to see her. That's too bad...

purple_platinum 11-28-2005 12:14 PM

she looks perfect... i love her summery dress and colour...

any idea what this 1st event is? what did she visit?
and any ittenary of the visit?

oops... from ANP caption, it says : Sao Paolo

Emily 11-28-2005 12:26 PM

Thank you for bringing us up do date on this visit, misshelen! I love Maxima's summery dress -- her hair? Well, I think it has seen much better days -- still wish she would grow out the bangs and get them off her face! But she looks her energetic self and I am sure she's doing a great job for Microcredit.

purple_platinum 11-28-2005 12:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Sao Paolo, From ANP

selminha 11-28-2005 12:44 PM

The dress is very beautiful!

sara1981 11-28-2005 12:47 PM

she bring two girls or not

Sara Boyce

fanletizia 11-28-2005 12:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Images from seeger

misshelen 11-28-2005 01:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Pictures from Colourpress without watermarks:)

Maxie 11-28-2005 01:04 PM

I think she's glad she's in South America, we are dealing with snow over here in Holland. Nice dress, but I have to agree with Pollyemma...what about the hair? It looks awful! :eek:

purple_platinum 11-28-2005 01:05 PM

6 Attachment(s)
more from seegerpress

Princess Maxima visited Jockey Club with Dutch Consul General, Marc Vogelaar
Sao Paolo

purple_platinum 11-28-2005 01:30 PM

Schedule today as posted by hja from BRMB :

TODAY IN BRAZIL
10.45 uur Briefing over microfinanciering in Brazilië.
12.30 uur Lunch met captains van Nederlandse, Braziliaanse en internationale banken: ABN Amro/Banco Real, ING, Rabobank, Unibanco, Itau, Boston, Banco Popular do Brasil, Caixa Econômica Federal, Banco do Nordeste, Citibank, HSBC, Lemon Bank Banco Multipo, Santander/Banco Río, Bradesco en BBVA. Lokatie: Jockey Club.
Visuele media kunnen de aankomst en de begroeting voorafgaand aan de lunch registreren.

16.00 uur Bezoek aan een project van Banco Real in de buitenwijk Jardim Paraisópolis. Gesprek in het gemeenschapcentrum (União dos Moradores e do Comércio de Paraisópolis) met o.a. vertegenwoordigers en loan officers van de bank.
16.45 uur Bezoek aan twee ondernemers: een handel in constructiemateriaal en een schoonheidssalon.
20.00 uur Bezoek aan het dansoptreden ‘Milágrimas’ van Grupo Ivaldo Bertazzo, de winnaar van de Prins Claus Prijs 2005.

anyone, translation, pretty please?

Beate 11-28-2005 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara1981
she bring two girls or not

Sara Boyce

Yes, she did.. from what I read her parents are taking care of the girls..

ap3 11-28-2005 02:03 PM

Not one of my favorite outfits. Nice color, interesting texture, good fit, good skirt style (fitted around the hips and then flares stiffly). But maybe a little too fitted? She's beautifully curvy and maybe this outfit plays up the curves a little too much?

But her shoes: too pointy so her feet look big, and the t-strap makes her legs look short and stumpy. This seems to be her favorite shoe style, and I think they detract a lot from her outfits.

As for her hair: a little limp. On the Morocco trip I thought she finally had pulled her hair look together: casual without being messy or overly styled; good length; flattering. I think today was just a bad hair day (maybe she forgot how hot and humid South America can be after living so long in the Netherlands!), and it'll improve after today.