The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Abdication & Inauguration 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f279/)
-   -   Queen Beatrix's Investiture; April 30, 1980 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f279/queen-beatrixs-investiture-april-30-1980-a-789.html)

Josefine 09-14-2003 06:23 AM

Queen Beatrix's Investiture; April 30, 1980

I would love to see pictures from this event

Alexandria 04-15-2005 09:20 PM

This thread has been cleaned up. Unfortunately a lot of posts had to be removed because they contained broken links. I don't think we have anything left now -- but I hope members will be able to update this thread.

canadacub 10-08-2007 06:25 PM

Investifure video / order of service

Hello,

I am looking for a full video of the investiture (inhuldiging in Nederlands) of Queen Beatrix, as well as an order of service.

I have seen clips, but perhaps someone has the full service they could share.

Thanks!

Marengo 05-13-2008 08:47 AM

A youtube clip showing the so-called ' coronation riots' , the riots started by squaters at Beatrix' enthronement.

YouTube - .....{ Kroningsrellen.}....

Esmerelda 09-12-2010 09:21 AM

Beatrix becomes Queen
YouTube - Abdicatie Koningin Juliana
Balcony scene
YouTube - Balkonscčne na abdicatie Koningin Juliana
The investiture
YouTube - Inhuldiging Koningin Beatrix in Nieuwe Kerk

IloveCP 04-30-2012 05:36 PM

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Splendor 101: Queen Beatrix's Accession

Josefine 01-28-2013 03:55 PM

To bad i cant see the videos

An Ard Ri 01-29-2013 07:11 AM

Inhuldiging Koningin Beatrix in Nieuwe Kerk - April 1980

Inhuldiging Koningin Beatrix in Nieuwe Kerk - YouTube

Archduchess Zelia 01-29-2013 07:50 AM

Gifset of the investiture.
I think she was absolutely stunning that day.

An Ard Ri 01-29-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia (Post 1510699)
Gifset of the investiture.
I think she was absolutely stunning that day.

I loved the ceremony,her royal mantle or robe is stunning as was the setting in the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam.

ANNIE_S 01-29-2013 09:24 AM

Those gifs are great! Beatrix was amazing with her white dress and I love the royal mante, it´s so queenly :tongue:
Can´t wait to the inauguration on April! :smile:

jneugeba 01-29-2013 11:00 AM

Could someone provide a rough translation of what I assume are the members of the government said when they each stood up - it seemed like they said 1 of 2 things. Thanks!

Marengo 01-30-2013 11:04 AM

The two things they said were:
1) 'Zo waarlijk helpe mij God almachtig' (So truly help me God almighty)
2) 'Dat beloof ik' (That I promise).

They said this in awnser to the following statement of the chairman: "We receive and honor, in name of the Dutch people and according to the constitution, you as queen. We swear or promise that we will maintain your inviolability and rights of the throne. We swear or promise to do everything what a good States General has to do. So truly help us god al mighty, that we promise.

The parlementarians of both houses of parlament (250 in total) have to swear or promise. The religious ones will chose the first option,the non-religious ones for the second option.

jneugeba 01-30-2013 07:56 PM

Thank you so much for the explanation!

An Ard Ri 01-31-2013 06:52 AM

I re-watched the youtube video earlier and noticed that Infanta Pilar of Spain and her late husband,Don Luis Gómez-Acebo,Viscount de la Torre are sitting behind the Prince of Wales and the then Prince and Princess of Liege (Albert II/Paola of Belgium.)

HRH Infanta Pilar is wearing a distinctive black Spanish mantilla!

Her_Majesty 02-01-2013 05:25 PM

I love the part of the inauguration ceremony where Beatrix talks to her mother and announces that the Koninginnedag will still becelebrated on Juliana's birthday. Juliana looked so moved. :flowers:

Marengo 02-01-2013 06:56 PM

One of Juliana's hobbies was amateur acting. And in this case it came in handy as she acted all surprised by Beatrix' announcement, but she actually signed the royal decree about it herself, a few days earlier. So it shouldn't have been all that surprising...

lucien 02-02-2013 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1512285)
One of Juliana's hobbies was amateur acting. And in this case it came in handy as she acted all surprised by Beatrix' announcement, but she actually signed the royal decree about it herself, a few days earlier. So it shouldn't have been all that surprising...

LOL...True...but nobody except Juliana and Beatrix knew at the time
so I remember everybody was very much moved & teary-eyed indeed!

Her_Majesty 02-02-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Haha, okay I see. :lol: Well, it was very well acted then. ;) It was a lovely gesture by Beatrix anyway.

SLV 02-02-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

It was? I never knew. Lol.