The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princely Family of Monaco (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   Did you know...?! (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/did-you-know-7867.html)

michelle 11-09-2005 08:19 AM

Did you know...?!

This section will be opend for little detail and side-questions and information ... like: Whats Caroline's favourite colour? ( I don't know...if anyone has an idea...please put the answer here :))
Which books do they read?
Which tv shows they watch.
What's their fav salad?
Their fav McDonalds meal , How many times did they have to try to get their drivers licsence? etc.

To start with : Did you know.... about Albert's and his sister's golf-handicaps?

Albert : 19
Stephanie: 25
Caroline: 29

...what do you have ? :)

michelle 11-09-2005 08:28 AM

Did you know.... Louis, Pauline and Camille call their maternel grandmother ( who they never got to know personally) : Mémé

Did you know.... Albert and Caroline call Stephanie 'Little Fish'

Did you know .... Stephanie thinks that if she was an animal she'd be a dolphin.

Did you know.... Pierre invented jokes with no ending when he was little and told them everyone around.

Did you know.... Andrea asked Stephanie to make a cheesburger-eating competition. He won with 9...Steph made it to 6 ...:rolleyes:

michelle 11-09-2005 08:53 AM

Did you know ... Pauline is the biggest fan of : Pelle et Râteau ( a cool TV show)

lashinka2002 11-09-2005 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle
Did you know.... Louis, Pauline and Camille call their maternel grandmother ( who they never got to know personally) : Mémé

Did you know.... Albert and Caroline call Stephanie 'Little Fish'

Did you know .... Stephanie thinks that if she was an animal she'd be a dolphin.

Did you know.... Pierre invented jokes with no ending when he was little and told them everyone around.

Did you know.... Andrea asked Stephanie to make a cheesburger-eating competition. He won with 9...Steph made it to 6 ...:rolleyes:

.The last 2 really made me laugh. Thanks for sharing.

Beate 11-09-2005 01:04 PM

A question for you: Did Stephanie ever wear a tiara? I have seen plenty of pics of Caroline with numerous ones..

michelle 11-09-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beate
A question for you: Did Stephanie ever wear a tiara? I have seen plenty of pics of Caroline with numerous ones..

No, I think she never did. She once said that she would feel as if this wasn't her if she wore one...is just not her type.

sebastian 11-09-2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

Yeah ... I make it to 10 or something ( whoaa I'm hungry now :p )
Steph is a girl so she's great with 6 :D.

Did you know ...some of Stephanie's classmates and co-students called her 'Lilly' ,as a reference to her third name Elisabeth.

Did you know .... Carolines was called 'Grimmy' by her classmates, as a reference to her surname Grimaldi

sebastian 11-09-2005 02:00 PM

As for names...

Did you know.... Stephanie( I don't know this for Caro and Albert) sometimes was registerd or enrolled as Stéphanie Polignac instead of Stéphanie Grimaldi in schools, competitions etc. - like it was Casi instead of Casiraghi for Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre.

Ianna 11-09-2005 06:55 PM

Thank you for interesting infos Michelle and Sebastian! Looking forward to hear more from you two!:) ;)

Some anecdotes from J. Glatt's book;

Did you know...As being little, Caroline used to bite Albert while poor Albie never complained (probably fear of older bossy sister:D ). It was only after seeing bite marks on Albert's arm that Princess Grace realised what was happening. When her warnings to Caroline to stop biting Albert were ignored, Princess Grace bit Caroline's arm hard, so she could feel the pain as same as she causes to her brother..:p :) (that biting part reminds me on my own childhood, as my sister had love to bite me too:p )

Did you know..Albert as age eleven started training judo and he reached a very high level in it. Inside of book, J. Glatt uses part of inteview where Prince Albert recalls on his practical judo part.. He said that one day Caroline came bugging him after something. At one moment she went after him and he threw her off balance. Prince also said that Caroline didn't appreciate it very much..:D (Well Caroline, that must a be a revenge for biting part:p :) )

sebastian 11-09-2005 07:02 PM

Thanx Ianna...

Did you know.... Stephanie had her own 'Carte Orange' a monthly metro ticket to go everywhere around Paris.

sebastian 11-09-2005 07:07 PM

Did you know.... Alain Ducruet never called Stephanie by her name, but he called her 'Galinette'

Did you know...that Stephanie and Daniel never called each other by their first names but they called each other ' Maman' and 'Papa'

Beate 11-09-2005 08:24 PM

Quote:

No, I think she never did. She once said that she would feel as if this wasn't her if she wore one...is just not her type.

Thanks, Michelle!
It still would be nice to see her wear a tiara..:) My little girls love their pretend tiaras..:)

monica17 11-09-2005 08:31 PM

Did you know....

That when Caroline was a very young, she went with her mother's friend and the friend's daughter to a shopping mall in Los Angeles. Grace didn't accompany Caro. There, Caroline threw a tantrum - the saleswoman who attended to them was appalled and told Grace's friend, "This cannot be your daughter. I can see that your own daughter is well-behaved. Where did you pick up this child?" (italics mine). For security reasons, the shopping trip wasn't made known to anyone else. Caroline replied, "I'm Caroline, Princess Caroline. And don't you dare speak to me like that."

What a girl! :)

(Source: Micheline Swift, friend of Princess Grace, found in the book Grace by Robert Lacey)

monica17 11-09-2005 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian

Did you know .... Carolines was called 'Grimmy' by her classmates, as a reference to her surname Grimaldi

Caroline was also called "Max" by her classmates. Her mom called her "Caroline Caline".

That Prince Rainier said that the day Caroline was born was the happiest day of his life.

That Princess Charlotte was very close to her grandchildren - and that Caroline wanted to live with her at the Marchais estate while studying in Paris.

That an old female schoolmate of Albert (Catherine? Catharine?) at Amherst described him as "handsome beyond belief". They dated a few times.

That Brooke Shields is also a Grimaldi? She is listed as a descendant of Prince Honore I. That makes her a very, very distant relative of Albert (did they date?), Caro, and Steph.

Thanks everyone for your postings! They're all interesting.

sebastian 11-10-2005 07:09 AM

Did you know.... Stephanie smashed and broke a window of the Palace by kicking a soccer ball into it .

iceflower 11-10-2005 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian
Did you know.... Stephanie smashed and broke a window of the Palace by kicking a soccer ball into it .

:D That's a good one - and a nice thread, Michelle.

sebastian 11-11-2005 12:34 PM

Did you know... Caroline slept in Stephanie's bed for weeks after their mother died and Caro went to get one video after the other to watch with Steph to make her think of something else, something nice.

Piewi 11-11-2005 02:34 PM

Quote:

Did you know... Caroline slept in Stephanie's bed for weeks after their mother died and Caro went to get one video after the other to watch with Steph to make her think of something else, something nice.
That is something so cute...Caroline was really nice.

This thread is gourgeos! Love the "Grimmy and Lilly" story

budge9 11-11-2005 02:43 PM

Sebastian are you talking about when Caroline stayed the night with Stephanie at the hospital after the accident or later when Stephanie was discharged and went back to the palace. I can remember somebody saying that Caroline helped Stephanie to walk and eat in the hospital after the accident which I thought was really sweet!
Thanks for all the interesting facts Sebastian and Michelle!!! Please keep them coming!:)

nokklav 11-11-2005 04:48 PM

ok...so there is some sisterly love after all!!!