The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Sweden (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Gustaf Magnuson's 30th Birthday Masquerade Ball; August 20, 2005 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/gustaf-magnusons-30th-birthday-masquerade-ball-august-20-2005-a-6956.html)

Lena 08-20-2005 04:47 AM

Gustaf Magnuson's 30th Birthday Masquerade Ball; August 20, 2005

This evening Gustaf Magnusson (son of princess Christina) will celebrate his 30th birthday (actually his birthday is on the 8th of August) with a "gustavian party"-which means that the guests have to wear customes as it was in the gustavian age* common. Gustaf self has chosen most of the decoration, dinner etc.
The whole Royal family will come. And the partners of the Royal children are also expected.
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=423494

This pic is from stureplan.se (and probably on the invitation cards)
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/1952/ag9pz.jpg

When we would get to see many pics, the moderators maybe could make later an own thread (?)

*named after Gustav III, Swedish king (born 1746, king from 1771-1792)

GrandDuchess 08-20-2005 07:40 AM

Wow, that looks almost like an authentic person from the Gustavian time! I'm impressed! His face is a bit too "modern" though, but other than that he looks quite convincing! Thanks Lena for posting this info, I know I have read this somewhere before, but I had just forgotten it. I though fear that we shouldn't hope for too many pictures from this party, since I assume it's a private one.

Lena 08-20-2005 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
I though fear that we shouldn't hope for too many pictures from this party, since I assume it's a private one.

Yes, I fear the same. But thanks god, Gustaf is the attention seeking one of the three brothers...and all guests have to arrive. So we at least probably get the chance to see them in the customes (which is the most excting thing...dunno, if we want to see them at 3 am drunken and tottering ;) )

GrandDuchess 08-20-2005 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture that the Expressen article had with it, here you can see the King and Queen dressed up in Gustavian clothes for a party that the former County Governor of Stockholm, Ulf Adelsohn, and his wife Lena hosted a while ago.

I hope we will really get to see at least some pictures of the Royal Family, and the partners of the royal children, all dressed up. That would be cool! I wonder what they will all wear...

The party will be held at Confidencen, the theatre at the Ulriksdal Palace estate. It's very close to the home of Princess Christina, Villa Beylon. 200 guests, sounds like a big thing. The article says a lot of society people will be there, so I hope we'll get to see some pics of them too. Hopefully Svensk Damtidning will have pictures too.

Australian 08-20-2005 09:28 AM

lol great pic. Very different

Lena 08-20-2005 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A little foretaste before the big pics come. Madeleine could beat the red dress from nobel 2002 ;)
Scanpix

Danielle 08-20-2005 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena
A little foretaste before the big pics come. Madeleine could beat the red dress from nobel 2002 ;)
Scanpix

That dress seems a little, eh, 'tight'. Yes, I bet some people can't wait for bigger photos. :rolleyes:

Larzen 08-20-2005 06:20 PM

:eek: :eek: Can she breath in that dress at all:confused:

It seems it is Jonas in the background, hopefully all children with partners and the King and Queen, now will that get the gossip going:D

Lena 08-20-2005 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
:eek: :eek: Can she breath in that dress at all:confused:

It seems it is Jonas in the background, hopefully all children with partners and the King and Queen, now will that get the gossip going:D

How can you recognise Jonas? Iīm worried about my eyes. Larzen, you always seem to see so much more. Well, letīs hope itīs Jonas...and letīs hope for a blushed CP, forced to wear some fancy 18th century clothes :D

Dennism 08-20-2005 06:33 PM

Well, while many people will be happy to see photos like these of Madeleine, it is not the kind of publicity the RF needs. They need good short- and long-term publicity that focuses on their works and their activities. Not merely their fashions, private lives or "glamour".

kate14 08-20-2005 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennism
Well, while many people will be happy to see photos like these of Madeleine, it is not the kind of publicity the RF needs. They need good short- and long-term publicity that focuses on their works and their activities. Not merely their fashions, private lives or "glamour".

Their Fashions, Glamour, What they do in their Private Lives, IMO comes with the Territory of being a Public Figure.

Dennism 08-20-2005 06:41 PM

Of course, but a balance would be good. The coverage is considerably more towards the fashions, glamour and private lives.

kate14 08-20-2005 06:46 PM

I agree with you. The first thing some people ask is What is she wearing, who designed the outfit. This question seems to come First then the next question what was the function all about. Sad but True

Danielle 08-20-2005 06:48 PM

Yes, and the fact that Madeleine is wearing a very revealing outfit is going to make people focus on the fashions more.

kate14 08-20-2005 06:52 PM

Not the First time Mad wore a revealing outfit and I'm sure it won't be the Last. (Even though this event is not Official) Sad but True?

Dennism 08-20-2005 07:07 PM

This is what I mean. There is not the balance and another dress of Madeleineīs will get so much attention and yet, where is the attention on their activities?

Dennism 08-21-2005 01:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is an article from the Aftonbladet about the party:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...688077,00.html

Layla1971 08-21-2005 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennism
This is what I mean. There is not the balance and another dress of Madeleineīs will get so much attention and yet, where is the attention on their activities?

It's kind of off the subject and I know Madeleine has worn dresses like this before but wasn't that kind of revealing dress the style of the nobility in the 18th century?:confused:

GrandDuchess 08-21-2005 02:58 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are 3 pictures of Princess Madeleine at the 30th birthday party of Gustaf Magnusson yesterday. All are from Fotomarktplatz.

I think they all looked great, nice to see that they've made an effort with the costumes. I hope we get to see the King and Queen too.... And the partners of the royal siblings, who were all there, but said to have been "smuggled in" earlier. Daniel Collert was also there, but the article doesn't say if his girlfriend was, but I suppose so.

And yes Dennism, I agree, it's a pity what a shallow media we have.

And here are two of Crown Princess Victoria, from Fotomarktplatz. Her costume is just fab, she truly looks like a Gustavian woman! :) That dress must've taken a lot of time to plan and then get ready.

Danielle 08-21-2005 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
And here are two of Crown Princess Victoria, from Fotomarktplatz. Her costume is just fab, she truly looks like a Gustavian woman! :) That dress must've taken a lot of time to plan and then get ready.

Thank you for the photos. :) I agree; Victoria looked great. Her costume is very beautiful. Were they made especially for this occasion?