The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Sweden (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Official Visit from Norway to Sweden; September 1-2, 2005 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/official-visit-from-norway-to-sweden-september-1-2-2005-a-6932.html)

GrandDuchess 08-19-2005 06:50 PM

Official Visit from Norway to Sweden; September 1-2, 2005

I'm really looking forward to this coming visit, it's going to be something very special. A great time to celebrate our two neighbor countries' excellent relations, and this centennial can certainly show that everything doesn't have to start or end by war - it can be done in a much friendlier way.

King Harald and Queen Sonja together with Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit will go on this visit to Sweden. I hope the whole Swedish Royal Family can participate somehow.

I hope that some kind of programme or itinerary will be released soon!

norwegianne 08-20-2005 01:41 AM

When is the programme usually released for such events?

Yennie 08-25-2005 09:15 AM

Here´s a press release from the royal court

http://www.royalcourt.se/aktuellt/ak...480008323.html

GrandDuchess 08-27-2005 09:53 AM

Thursday 1 September

# King Harald, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit arrive on the waters of central Stockholm with the royal yacht “Norge” (the Crown Princely Couple will fly to Arlanda Airport in the morning for transport to the yacht before the welcoming). Crown Princess Victoria will greet them at the quay.

# King Carl XVI Gustaf will open the exhibition “Myths and Landscapes” (showing Swedish and Norwegian national romantic art) at Prince Eugen’s Waldemarsudde. Queen Silvia and the Norwegian Royal Couple will be in attendance. Queen Sonja will award Prince Eugen’s Cultural Prize to two artists, one Swedish and one Norwegian.

# Crown Princess Mette-Marit will open the exhibition “Extreme North” (theme about Norwegian design and architecture for a demanding climate) at the art gallery Färgfabriken. Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Victoria will be in attendance.

# King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, King Harald, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit will visit Crown Princess Märtha’s Church.

# King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will host a Gala Dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. King Harald, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Lilian and Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson will be in attendance.

Friday 2 September

# King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, King Harald and Queen Sonja will visit Mälsåker Manor House situated by the Lake Mälaren, near the town of Mariefred. The Royal Couples will be orientated with information about “The White Busses”, the Norwegian resistance movement that were educated at Mälsåker during WWII, and the renovation work that is being carried out at the estate.

# Crown Princess Victoria and Crown Princess Mette-Marit will visit Astrid Lindgren’s Children’s Hospital, where they will receive a tour of the hospital, as well as information about the prominent Nordic research at the hospital

# A trade and industry seminar and luncheon at Berns in Stockholm (no names of the paricipants yet)

# A visit to the Nobel Museum in the Old Town in Stockholm (no names of the paricipants yet)

(source: Svenska Dagbladet and Norway's official website in Sweden)

LaMinka 08-28-2005 06:08 PM

Thank you very much for the info GrandDuchess. Are Silvia, Victoria, Sonja, MM and the rest of the royal wearing tiaras (Not the men of curse:D )

rop81 08-28-2005 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Thursday 1 September

# King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will host a Gala Dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. King Harald, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Lilian and Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson will be in attendance.

So Madeleine and Carl-philip will not attend the dinner? That´s to bad i was hoping for the whole family...:(

Gita 08-28-2005 06:35 PM

Princess Madeleine & Prince Carl philip

I think they are unable to attend because thay will have only just started back at University/design school that week.

I were hoping they could attend. Since the Nobel is on a Saturday this year hopefully we will see the whole family then. :)

LaMinka 08-30-2005 10:44 AM

Mette-Marit is not going with the rest of the royal family to Sweden.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=288563

Larzen 08-30-2005 11:33 AM

Translation of the main points in the article

Its her low blood preassure that has resulted in the docors ordering her to stay home. The visit to Astrid Lindgrens hospital with Victoria is cancelled (pitty). She should also have given the opening speech at the Extreme north design exhibition, Crown Prince Haakon will do that instead accompanied by Crown Princess Victoria. Haakon will be returning to Oslo Friday morning to preside state council in his father absens.

GrandDuchess 08-30-2005 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
Translation of the main points in the article

Its her low blood preassure that has resulted in the docors ordering her to stay home. The visit to Astrid Lindgrens hospital with Victoria is cancelled (pitty). She should also have given the opening speech at the Extreme north design exhibition, Crown Prince Haakon will do that instead accompanied by Crown Princess Victoria. Haakon will be returning to Oslo Friday morning to preside state council in his father absens.

:( What a pity! I had really been looking forward to this visit a lot... Oh well, another time perhaps. It would be nice to see them all together.

Poor Crown Princess Mette-Marit for not feeling so well during her pregnancy, I hope she will hang in there and feel better soon.

robby86 08-30-2005 07:17 PM

Is there going to be a gala?

Josefine 08-31-2005 08:50 AM

there will be one gala tomorrow but no return gala the day after

Lena 09-01-2005 05:01 AM

In connection with the norwegian visit Aftonbladet has made a match. It wanted to clear, which of the 2 Royal houses is better. The jury consisted out of 3 ppl, namely Daniel Nyhlén ("journalist" at Aftonbladet), Kiki Sörum (norwegian author and fashion expert), Paul Ronge (PR expert)
They have collected plusses in the categories: PR-value, closeness to the people, scandals, potential for gossip, popularity, luxury-life, sportiness and education.

Obviously luxury-life is something positive for the jury. Because here the SRF got many plusses. They won in the end (surprise surprise ;) ) with 27:26 plusses.
The Swedish RF has lost plusses in the "closeness to the people"-field (in which the NRF had a lot). And it´s said, that the PR-factor of the NRF isn´t very big, because Norway lives mainly on its oil (could be questioned)
The NRF has also lost many plusses in the education-field, because of Mette Marit. I must say here I disagree. One has to compare Victoria and Haakon. And if you ask me, Victoria hasn´t so much more university education than MM, but Haakon has.

The whole nonsense:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...692420,00.html

PS: do I need to add, that in the poll (for the readers) the Swedish Royal family is leading by far? ;)

Josefine 09-01-2005 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
from aftonbladet

ursulajohanna 09-01-2005 09:44 AM

At image scandinavia
http://www.imagine.photositepro.com/...ewImage=198019
you can see the first pictures of the visit.
Arrive the king and queen also the crownprince at Stockholm.

Larzen 09-01-2005 09:53 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Thank you UrsulaJohanna Ill attach the pictures here since they wont stay at that link for long
Imagine Scandinavia

Larzen 09-01-2005 10:17 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Uk Press.
Victorias hat does her no favors what so ever but she and Haakon always look great together:)

Larzen 09-01-2005 10:19 AM

8 Attachment(s)
More from UK Press

rop81 09-01-2005 11:19 AM

Thanks for posting the pictures! Victoria looked good in her skirt and jacket, but the hat i don´t really like... a little boring. Can´t wait to see what they will wear tonight! I hope victoria has a new dress (and maybe she´s been to her mothers jewelry box and got her a new tiara, hope so :D )

sm1939 09-01-2005 11:39 AM

its such a shame that mette marit couldnt go !
victoria looks lovely I think , I even like the hat