The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   When will Mette-Marit become queen??? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/when-will-mette-marit-become-queen-6912.html)

Princess Robijn 08-18-2005 03:02 PM

When will Mette-Marit become queen???

Hi everyone, who knows when will Mette-Marit become queen??? There is a German magazine, I believe it's called: "Das Neue Blatt extra aktuell" They say in the 3 august 2005 edition that MM will first have her second baby with her husband and than become queen, THIS YEAR. what do you think???

carlota 08-18-2005 03:09 PM

i doubt so... both harald and sonja are healthy and still supporting many duties. i don't think they will abdicate so soon. german tabloids, with all my respect, said many lies about the family some time ago, so i doubt this will be true.

Smilla 08-18-2005 03:13 PM

I don't think she will become queen anytime soon. Harald seems to be better, and Sonja is also healthy. In many European monarchies, the reigning queens have said that they will not abdicate in order to enable their children to raise their children first.

norwegianne 08-18-2005 03:36 PM

I hope not very soon. I have all respect for Mette-Marit, and think she would be a fantastic queen. But Harald's been in fairly good health since his surgeries. Also, the situation would be less than admirable for Ingrid Alexandra and the new baby if their parents were to ascend to the throne too soon.

Princess Robijn 08-18-2005 03:43 PM

re

I hope not to.. I wish their children parents.. wich means I hope that it will take some years before they become king and queen

delineate 08-18-2005 07:50 PM

I don't think it'll be anytime soon. King Harald seems to have been doing well lately, and I don't think he'll abdicate either.

sara1981 08-18-2005 10:51 PM

we have to wait and see if HM Queen Sonja still in good health or not but HM Queen still good health but she never let down and many people love her very much! same HM Queen Elizabeth never let down! because HM QueenII still good health because she nearly 80 but she now 79 years old

Sara Boyce

iowabelle 08-18-2005 11:23 PM

It's probably best to hope for their children's sake that it doesn't happen too soon. (We don't want to see Ingrid Alexandra waiting for Daddy to shake her hand when he gets off the train, do we??) And I like Harold, hope he stays around a long time!

Maud Alexandra 08-21-2005 07:30 AM

Norwegian tradition in sucsession

In modern norwegian history there have been no case of the reigning monarch to abdicate.
King Olav once said that being King is not a job you retire from. He might have gotten this attitude from his british mother.
King Harald has also said in connecting with his cancer surgery that it would be hard to be a part-time King. However both the King and Queen have been advised by the King's doctor to slow down to a more normal workload, stating that they work more than most people and seeing that they have reached the average age for retiering in Norway, it would only be natural for them to reduce their workload.

I think we'll se in the future that CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit will represent more both in Norway and abroad, taking on the longer more grueling trips (Like the one to the U.S. last year).

I don't think the King would want to abdicate as long as he's able and healthy to perform his constitutional duties.
In Norway the Queen is not a reigning queen and could not rule in her own right. So the day King Harald passes away, CP Haakon will ascend to the throne. CP Mette-Marit will then be titeled Queen Mette-Marit, but like Queen Sonja will not be ruling on her own. I hope this answers some of your questions. :)

sara1981 08-21-2005 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maud Alexandra
In modern norwegian history there have been no case of the reigning monarch to abdicate.
King Olav once said that being King is not a job you retire from. He might have gotten this attitude from his british mother.
King Harald has also said in connecting with his cancer surgery that it would be hard to be a part-time King. However both the King and Queen have been advised by the King's doctor to slow down to a more normal workload, stating that they work more than most people and seeing that they have reached the average age for retiering in Norway, it would only be natural for them to reduce their workload.

I think we'll se in the future that CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit will represent more both in Norway and abroad, taking on the longer more grueling trips (Like the one to the U.S. last year).

I don't think the King would want to abdicate as long as he's able and healthy to perform his constitutional duties.
In Norway the Queen is not a reigning queen and could not rule in her own right. So the day King Harald passes away, CP Haakon will ascend to the throne. CP Mette-Marit will then be titeled Queen Mette-Marit, but like Queen Sonja will not be ruling on her own. I hope this answers some of your questions. :)

i understand what you're talking about but King Harald still in good spirit and he never let down and also HM Queen Sonja also but thanks for your info!

Sara Boyce

norwegianne 08-21-2005 01:49 PM

Welcome to the forums, Maud Alexandra. Happy posting :)

Josefine 12-29-2005 12:39 PM

i do not think we sjould belive these magazines they are making up thier4 own stories

btsnyder 12-29-2005 01:35 PM

Um, I think Mette-Marit will become queen the moment after Harald takes his last breath. It's really not up to her...leave it to German tabloids to come up with such a goofy prediction.

nokklav 12-29-2005 02:23 PM

i wish harald amny more years, and ingrid, sverre and marius still some years with their parents as prince and princess rather then king and queen1

purple_platinum 12-29-2005 02:30 PM

i really really hope not..
i still want the King to have long & prosperous life.. able to see his grandchildren grow up.
but, i do hope we'll see more Haakon & Mette-Marit doing official visit abroad...