The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Rania's relationship with other royals? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/ranias-relationship-with-other-royals-6893.html)

polop 08-17-2005 12:52 PM

Rania's relationship with other royals?
 
I was curious to know what do you all think of Rania's relationship with other worlds royalty?Do guys think she is well liked in the Arab world or someone who just wants uses modernism to fulfill her desires?Is she well liked by the Arab royalty?I am very anxious to know what you all think!!Thanks for your replies!:)

Little_star 08-18-2005 04:19 AM

Nobody on this board can possibly know of other Royals' personal opinions of her but I've never seen any images that would suggest she is not liked. If anything, I'd say from what I've seen she seems to get along well when visiting other Royals, but whether that is a purely "working" relationship as opposed to personal is difficult to say. I did read in a magazine that her and Prince Charles are good friends.

As for public opinion, Arab countries when totalled probably have a population of about 100million (pure guesswork on my part) so to try and gauge public opinion of her would be hard. Most of the Arabs I know and people I've met when travelling in the Middle East like her, but then I'm sure there are people that dislike her as well.

polop 08-18-2005 11:17 AM

I agree.Is she popular among the political community?

madonna23 08-18-2005 12:44 PM

Rania is very friendly with the British Royal Family - especially I think Camilla. She even defended Camilla against media attacks in her interview with Hello. I don't know about relationships with other royals or political leaders.

But I think whether her relationships are good or not depends more on King Abdullah and Jordan in general. If Jordan has a good relationship with the U.S., I am willing to bet that both King Abdullah and Queen Rania get along fine with George Bush and his wife. So I think when you are a queen or king, your relationships with other leaders depends on politics as well as personal factors.

polop 08-18-2005 01:22 PM

I haven't really seen her bond that much with Arab leaders though.Neither Arab people.

Lillia 08-18-2005 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polop
I was curious to know what do you all think of Rania's relationship with other worlds royalty?Do guys think she is well liked in the Arab world or someone who just wants uses modernism to fulfill her desires?Is she well liked by the Arab royalty?I am very anxious to know what you all think!!Thanks for your replies!:)

I wonder why you put an emphasis at all focuses on her so-called 'desires'?

Why seem so negative on her all the time?

How would she be 'using modernism to fulfil her desires?' It sounds like you are implying she is being selfish or greedy in some way over something or doing things she is not supposed to be doing.

Do you know Queen Rania personally?

Can you explain what that statement is supposed to mean?
I really do not understand:confused:

polop 08-18-2005 03:12 PM

Iam not a negative person, and I don't like to talk about anybody negatively,however at the same time I feel it's important to shed light upon matters that are important.I don't know Queen Rania personally,and I don't believe many people do on this forum,but at the same time we all question her judgement and decisions.Rania is portrayed from one angle in the media,but every person sees her from a different view.She is in such a position, with her choice and willingness.What I meant by "using modernism to fullfil her desires..." was that while she[Rania]does say that "we are moving forward," is her country really?While she's leading her country from her $2million yatch,where is her country actually going?Is she saying that wearing bathing suits(example)is modern just to gain approval for her attire?I cannot say she is selfish,because each single one of us has a different definition of selfishness.To you,it might be taking away without giving,to me it could be not giving when you have enough to give away;so it varies.I do personally think, that she is blending her self in the usuall royal "clich'e."Vacations,parties,make-up etc. it seems like people forget where they came from.Those who look at their yesterdays as burdens are never able to walk, but those who view their yesterdays as lessons,run with the wind.Rania should use her experiences to make herself into a stong and accomplished woman.(You might think she already is one.)I don't think she is doing what she isn't suppose to from the political aspect,but I do believe she could do more.Lastly,the reason why,in your opinion,I emphasized her "desires" was because desires in a way,decide what you accomplish.If I wish to dicover a cure for cancer,my path of life is different from someone who want's to be a make-up artist.Desires indicate who you are.I hope you realize that Iam not someone who likes to highlight others weaknesses or faults,because sometimes your weaknesses help bring out your strengths.:)

Roshanah 08-18-2005 06:24 PM

Nicely put Polop. It's true we are only expressing perceptions, not curses upon QR. Don't worry about it, you stated your opinion. IF and only IF someone chose to misinterpret your opinion, you can't do much about that in terms of clarifying the matter. Some (and only some) will still misinterpret it no matter what you say.:) :) :)



Quote:

Originally Posted by polop
Iam not a negative person, and I don't like to talk about anybody negatively,however at the same time I feel it's important to shed light upon matters that are important.I don't know Queen Rania personally,and I don't believe many people do on this forum,but at the same time we all question her judgement and decisions.Rania is portrayed from one angle in the media,but every person sees her from a different view.She is in such a position, with her choice and willingness.What I meant by "using modernism to fullfil her desires..." was that while she[Rania]does say that "we are moving forward," is her country really?While she's leading her country from her $2million yatch,where is her country actually going?Is she saying that wearing bathing suits(example)is modern just to gain approval for her attire?I cannot say she is selfish,because each single one of us has a different definition of selfishness.To you,it might be taking away without giving,to me it could be not giving when you have enough to give away;so it varies.I do personally think, that she is blending her self in the usuall royal "clich'e."Vacations,parties,make-up etc. it seems like people forget where they came from.Those who look at their yesterdays as burdens are never able to walk, but those who view their yesterdays as lessons,run with the wind.Rania should use her experiences to make herself into a stong and accomplished woman.(You might think she already is one.)I don't think she is doing what she isn't suppose to from the political aspect,but I do believe she could do more.Lastly,the reason why,in your opinion,I emphasized her "desires" was because desires in a way,decide what you accomplish.If I wish to dicover a cure for cancer,my path of life is different from someone who want's to be a make-up artist.Desires indicate who you are.I hope you realize that Iam not someone who likes to highlight others weaknesses or faults,because sometimes your weaknesses help bring out your strengths.:)


polop 08-18-2005 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roshanah
Nicely put Polop. It's true we are only expressing perceptions, not curses upon QR. Don't worry about it, you stated your opinion. IF and only IF someone chose to misinterpret your opinion, you can't do much about that in terms of clarifying the matter.Some (and only some) will still misinterpret it no matter what you say.:) :) :)

Thanks!:) ;) :)

Alicky 08-18-2005 07:52 PM

Everyone seems to like Prince Charles lol. Queen Noor spoke very highly of him in her book, and I've read elsewhere that at times when British politicians were banned from Middle Eastern countries, Prince Charles was still welcome. Apparently for his respective and inclusive attitude towards them and Islam. :)

polop 08-18-2005 08:14 PM

I agree.How is she viewed by Arab leaders?For some reason I've always got the expression she doesn't get along with the Iranian government and leading ladies from that country.:)

Alicky 08-18-2005 08:18 PM

Beats me lol. I don't imagine she's particularly close to any of them, but if there's squabbling going on, I wouldn't know. Why, what have you heard? :)

polop 08-18-2005 08:20 PM

Nothing really,it's just that she always visits other countries but never Iran.Actaully for that matter,she really doesn't visit that many Arab countries does she?:)

Alicky 08-18-2005 08:31 PM

This picture of her from Corbis was taken in Iran. I don't know how long or how often she's been there before though, or since.
http://pro.corbis.com/popup/Enlargem...0-5f8280aeafa1}

I've seen her in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Lebanon, but again I'm not aware of the number or frequency of her trips. :( :)

Roshanah 08-18-2005 08:54 PM

You're welcome!:)



Quote:

Originally Posted by polop
Thanks!:) ;) :)


Roshanah 08-18-2005 08:56 PM

Nice one Charles!:)



Quote:

Originally Posted by Alicky
Everyone seems to like Prince Charles lol. Queen Noor spoke very highly of him in her book, and I've read elsewhere that at times when British politicians were banned from Middle Eastern countries, Prince Charles was still welcome. Apparently for his respective and inclusive attitude towards them and Islam. :)


Roshanah 08-18-2005 09:04 PM

From what I've seen as regards her visits with fellow Arabs, at times she has how shall we say stepped on their toes. It was apparent in the photographs, which I saw. No subjective interpreting going on, I assure you.

She doesn't travel to North Africa either, they're Muslims too. Whatever her reasons, I think that she at times needs to show a bit more tact. For insance when she visited with Kuwaiti, Saudi and Bahraini officials, she was improperly attired (the meeting was held in Saudi If and I'm right naughty QR.)

Anyway she seems to have better relations with Male Arab officials rather than Female Arab Officials, as I said before at times she has appeared tense within photographs tken with Female Arab officials.

I at times have wondered why? Just an honest question:)


Quote:

Originally Posted by polop
I agree.How is she viewed by Arab leaders?For some reason I've always got the expression she doesn't get along with the Iranian government and leading ladies from that country.:)


polop 08-18-2005 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roshanah
From what I've seen as regards her visits with fellow Arabs, at times she has how shall we say stepped on their toes. It was apparent in the photographs, which I saw. No subjective interpreting going on, I assure you.

She doesn't travel to North Africa either, they're Muslims too. Whatever her reasons, I think that she at times needs to show a bit more tact. For insance when she visited with Kuwaiti, Saudi and Bahraini officials, she was improperly attired (the meeting was held in Saudi If and I'm right naughty QR.)

Anyway she seems to have better relations with Male Arab officials rather than Female Arab Officials, as I said before at times she has appeared tense within photographs tken with Female Arab officials.

I at times have wondered why? Just an honest question:)

Me too.I wonder the same thing.I just think that she can't get the attention she recieves when,for example, she is posing with Laura Bush,hence she decides to skip those tours.But I could be wrong.:)

Humera 08-18-2005 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polop
I agree.How is she viewed by Arab leaders?For some reason I've always got the expression she doesn't get along with the Iranian government and leading ladies from that country.:)

Iran's not an arab country;)
Rania was there on an official visit soon after becoming queen and she also visit the country with Jordanian aid in early 2004 when there was a big earthquake there.
There's no reason to supposed that she doesnt "get along" with the Iranian leadership because she and her husband rarely visit that country. So how can we say she doesnt get along with someone with whom she doesnt really have a "relationship" to begin with.
Rania and her husband were photographed with the former Iranian president at the Pope's funeral. And they seemed friendly enough with each other.
As for other Arab leadership, Rania has a good relationship with the widow of Rafiq Hariri. We can only comment on what we see in pictures (Rania with Asma Assad, Sheikha Mozah, Lalla Meryem etc)
But that hardly qualifies us to comment on how these women get along, as opposed to Rania's relationship with Prince Charles and Camilla which is known from interviews to be a good one.

Alicky 08-18-2005 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polop
Me too.I wonder the same thing.I just think that she can't get the attention she recieves when,for example, she is posing with Laura Bush,hence she decides to skip those tours.But I could be wrong.:)

Trust me, I don't think she would have to compete with Laura Bush lol! :) ;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises