The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Weddings General Discussion (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/)
-   -   Which Royal Grooms Didn't Look So Good on Their Wedding Days (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/which-royal-grooms-didnt-look-so-good-on-their-wedding-days-6843.html)

iowabelle 08-12-2005 12:03 PM

Which Royal Grooms Didn't Look So Good on Their Wedding Days

Let's not be sexist. :)

I will nominate Prince Manuel of Bavaria.

Danielle 08-13-2005 12:18 AM

I'm not being mean, but why didn't Prince Manuel look so good? Sure there were the unfavourable weather conditions, but I thought he looked great. :)

SpiffyBallerina 08-13-2005 01:12 AM

I think the grooms have it easy. No matter what they wear, it's a really basic outfit. It's difficult to totally screw it up. A DRESS, on the other hand, people can (and obviously do) go on and on about for forever! Haha;)

Danielle 08-13-2005 01:18 AM

That's very true! :)

iowabelle 08-13-2005 02:31 PM

I just don't think Manuel is very attractive.

But grooms can mess it up by staying out too late the night before, being hung over, picking a really bad suit (although you'd hope the best man or tailor might intercede!).

Lots of things can happen.

(I can think of at least 2 royal brides, it wouldn't have mattered what they were going to wear, they just weren't very attractive women, not their fault b/c they just looked the rest of their rather unattractive family members IMO.)

Josefine 04-27-2011 08:15 AM

i have to say daniel he lacked a uniform

Skippy 04-27-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine (Post 1239852)
i have to say daniel he lacked a uniform

That's because he doesn't have a rank/position in any official services.

Josefine 04-27-2011 03:14 PM

i know but a royal wedding looks so much better eith the grrom with a uniform

mgrant 04-27-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine (Post 1240104)
i know but a royal wedding looks so much better eith the grrom with a uniform

I don't want to dump on poor Daniel but....he's not the dashing type and he had that somewhat strained smile the entire day. I saw a real smile out him but it didn't last that long.:lol: He just doesn't fit my idea of a groom for a princess. He didn't look bad or anything like that. I guess you could say there just was not anything remarkable about him to make him stand out. It's a good thing CP Victoria loves him, bless his heart.:biggrin:

Cinquefoil 05-21-2011 01:45 AM

I say Daniel as well, not because he didn't wear a uniform, but I agree because he looked strained (not just wedding day jitters) but he looked like he really didn't want to "dress up."

Also, I really didn't care for the way that CP Pavlos looked either. I AM fond of grey morning suits (or whatever style he wore) but it's just something about the way he looked and the way he carries himself that is just not right to me...:ermm:

Also Infanta Elena's ex-husband Jaime Marichalar didn't look all that great to me either. Now that I think about it, neither he or Infanta Elena looked really happy:ohmy:

And I hate to say it, but William's striking bright red uniform didn't do much for me either:sad: I love a man in uniform and I respect the symbolism of what he chose & the fact that it was different, but it was just a little too much. IMO

IloveCP 05-22-2011 05:18 PM

Daniel looked handsome to me to me.Almost all royal men looked good because they have it easy!

kelly1994 05-22-2011 06:18 PM

I hate to say it but Prince William, it's strange because he was always known as the attractive child of Diana but Harry looked more handsome then him on his wedding day. My only reason for putting William on here is that he looks like he is already starting to lose hair and he isn't even thirty yet.

Cinquefoil 05-22-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1994 (Post 1256441)
I hate to say it but Prince William, it's strange because he was always known as the attractive child of Diana but Harry looked more handsome then him on his wedding day. My only reason for putting William on here is that he looks like he is already starting to lose hair and he isn't even thirty yet.

Yes I think he is losing his hair..but I put him there because he just didn't look his bets did he? Harry DID look rather *hot* lol. I just summed up my dislike to the harsh red against all of the other seemingly "delicateness" of the wedding..imo:tongue:

cdm 06-03-2011 04:05 PM

Prince Laurent: he was whiping his nose with a giant ultra white handkerchief all the time. Don't know if he had a cold or it was the emotions of the day.

XeniaCasaraghi 06-20-2011 08:21 PM

Prince William looked good, but I will mention that he should have worn a different uniform; the red didn't work very well for him.

IloveCP 07-08-2011 02:29 AM

I don't think there have been a lot.Judge for yourself in this article.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Grooms in Uniform

XeniaCasaraghi 07-08-2011 03:39 AM

1. Prince Albert
2. Prince William, he should have changed with Harry when they were in the back.

Duchess of Darwin 07-08-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1283079)
I don't think there have been a lot.Judge for yourself in this article.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Grooms in Uniform

Thanks for this. I liked William's red for being "different" but now I've decided that his blue uniforms suit him much more.

orb and sceptre 07-10-2011 05:54 PM

I must say, it took a while for Will's red to grow on me... I thought it was awful at first, despite how radiant both he and his bride looked.

IloveCP 01-05-2012 01:09 AM

I don't know where else to put this but,here all all the royal grooms in 2011:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: 2011's Grooms and Tiaras

My favorite is William.The worst is Albert.