The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Albert and Princess Charlene (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f153/)
-   -   Oleg Cassini.....Possibly Prince Albert's REAL Father?? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f153/oleg-cassini-possibly-prince-alberts-real-father-6825.html)

Casira_Azul 08-09-2005 07:46 PM

Oleg Cassini.....Possibly Prince Albert's REAL Father??

The Royal House Of Monaco http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance
Cuz,Albert just DOESN'T resemble Rainier at all.

Gabriella 08-09-2005 08:08 PM

All I get when I open that page is an error page. Does that link take you to a book that has been published?

Personally, I think that so many different journalists are all about creating sensationalism and will do anything to ensure that their books sell. I don't believe for a second that Albert's father is anyone but Rainier.

monica17 08-09-2005 08:14 PM

Oh, c'mon, that doesn't seem likely, does it? Albert resembles his mother and paternal grandfather, Prince Pierre. While he doesn't resemble Rainier, he doesn't resemble Oleg Cassini either.

Besides, Princess Grace's affair with Cassini ended well before she accepted Rainier's proposal. In fact, she called on him to say farewell and to tell him (quote), "I have made my destiny". It was the last time they saw each other. They knew what's been happening in each other's life but only through mutual friends, no direct communication whatsoever. Cassini said so himself. During the early part of the marriage to Rainier, Grace wasn't allowed to go out on her own. A courtier (Tiv or Madge?) had to accompany her all the time. I doubt the courtier covered up for Grace at any point. She was part of the palace staff who disliked Grace and who liked to see Grace in trouble or committing some protocol faux pas.

Casira_Azul 08-09-2005 08:14 PM

link

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance

LadyMacAlpine 08-09-2005 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casira_Azul

While people say he looks like his mother I can testify he has the genes of Rainier. Take a look at photo's of Prince Edward and Albert you will see the similarities they are cousins http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...achmentid=5793 http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5792
http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_phot...13075209990014 The Associated Press. Compare those

dreed777 08-09-2005 09:13 PM

The pale complexions and hairlines are definitely similar. I can't tell enough about their actual facial structure, features, etc to see the resemblance though. (However, I am on my laptop right now and the resolution isn't as good as the regular monitor, so I don't really count. :) )

iowabelle 08-09-2005 09:18 PM

I never noticed before, but Edward and Albert do resemble each other.

As for the other issue, it's just like the gossip that Prince Harry is James Hewitt's child. Maybe Albert, like Harry, is fortunate to resemble his mother's family, rather than his dad.

LadyMacAlpine 08-09-2005 10:00 PM

I also want to say one more time John Glatt's book had errors in it which I found in basic reading. Part might have been poor editing however not all. I have had many jobs over the years one was to take the facts and find the truth to take cases to court or get the defendant to plead out which most did. In doing that you have to see the inconstancy in the stories to get the truth. Its the reason I tried to correct errors in what was being said in the closed thread on Nicole and Alexandre before I was told to stay neutral and deleted many. Glatts research was incomplete he couldn't find anyone to support his remark on what he said about Princess Grace and Oleg Cassini. It was rumor as rumors fly when you are a Royal or famous.

I can tell you due to Albert's features he is a descendant of Lady Mary Victoria Douglas Hamilton first wife of Albert I mother of Louis. Her father was the 11th Duke of Hamilton descendant of Alpin King of Kiutyre d. 834. His son was Kenneth MacAlpin. They were descendants of Fergus Mor MacErc himself a descendant of the Irish kings of Dalriada. Rainier had Irish roots of his own. Mary's mother was a Princess and descendant of Johann Georg II, a 17th century prince of Anhalt-Dessau one of some 30-odd rulers of the region that is now known as Germany.

monica17 08-09-2005 10:26 PM

Thanks, Lady MacAlpine! That was most illuminating. I know some about Albert's ancestry, but not that bit.

Yes, authors should do very careful and thorough research. I haven't read this book by John Glatt, though. I take your word for it.

Casira_Azul 08-09-2005 10:43 PM

Thanx M'Lady!

I just found it a bit curious/interesting find. Maybe his book should be removed from ANY sales. But, forgive me still scratching my head with a.....Hmmmmmmmm.

monica17 08-09-2005 10:51 PM

BTW, welcome to the TRF Casira Azul. :) I noticed that yours is a new name here.

Casira_Azul 08-09-2005 10:58 PM

thanx monica, for the welcome.

LadyMacAlpine 08-09-2005 11:28 PM

Quote:

I just found it a bit curious/interesting find. Maybe his book should be removed from ANY sales. But, forgive me still scratching my head with a.....Hmmmmmmmm.

What's the hmmm for? Maybe I can answer it for you or someone else. I know Albert I questioned if Louis was his son due to the fact he didn't look like the Grimaldis. So there was Louis that didn't and now Albert. Alexandre is adorable but he is a perfect example that even when genes are the same you don't always look like the family. They pick up looks from another side and from the past. Most of the time the darker features will dominate except for example the case of Michael Jackson's children they are very white looking as if both parents were white. Prince Michael is a very cute blonde 8 yo. Michael has white in his ancestory.

As far as removing Glatt's book there is some good information in it you need to go through all sources. In my opinion he wrote with the intention of digging up dirty details if he could find them or imply the worst. Scandal sells more then the good stuff when it comes to Royal's and the rich and famous that's a fact. And also welcome.

CasiraghiTrio 08-09-2005 11:37 PM

craziness

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica17
Oh, c'mon, that doesn't seem likely, does it? Albert resembles his mother and paternal grandfather, Prince Pierre. While he doesn't resemble Rainier, he doesn't resemble Oleg Cassini either.

Besides, Princess Grace's affair with Cassini ended well before she accepted Rainier's proposal. In fact, she called on him to say farewell and to tell him (quote), "I have made my destiny". It was the last time they saw each other. They knew what's been happening in each other's life but only through mutual friends, no direct communication whatsoever. Cassini said so himself. During the early part of the marriage to Rainier, Grace wasn't allowed to go out on her own. A courtier (Tiv or Madge?) had to accompany her all the time. I doubt the courtier covered up for Grace at any point. She was part of the palace staff who disliked Grace and who liked to see Grace in trouble or committing some protocol faux pas.

He does look a lot like Prince Pierre. That alone is saying plenty. Albert is a Grimaldi, through and through. If everyone of Grace's premarital relationships were grounds to suspect Albert not being Rainier's son, geez, Albert would have a lot of daddies in modern lore, wouldn't he? Didn't Grace have affairs with Clark Gable and Spencer Tracey? Now Albert definitely does NOT look like no Clark Gable! :D

AquaMarine 08-10-2005 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica17
... During the early part of the marriage to Rainier, Grace wasn't allowed to go out on her own. A courtier (Tiv or Madge?) had to accompany her all the time. I doubt the courtier covered up for Grace at any point. She was part of the palace staff who disliked Grace and who liked to see Grace in trouble or committing some protocol faux pas.

It's very interesting to hear that the palace staff didn't like Grace. Can I ask why? :confused: I am not dip into the full family story and I read about it for the first time. Any assumption that it was because Grace was an American movie star with no Royal blood would be too ridiculous. I guess there is something else in such dislike. Could you, please, enlighten me...

monica17 08-10-2005 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaMarine
It's very interesting to hear that the palace staff didn't like Grace. Can I ask why? :confused: I am not dip into the family story and I read about it for the first time. Any assumption that it happened because Grace was an American movie star with no Royal blood would be too ridiculous. I guess there is something else in such dislike. Could you enlighten me, please ;)

Hi, Aquamarine. Nice to see you're back. :)

The palace staff - I'm talking about the ones during the Grace's early years in Monaco - didn't like Grace bec. her ways were different from what they were used to (she wanted to try different things but they were set in their ways). It was probably a question of culture (American vs. European). It also didn't help that she didn't speak French then and had to learn proper protocol. It was said that some palace staff deliberately let Grace commit mistakes. So it was difficult for Grace to contend with not only the disapproval of her in-laws (Princesses Charlotte and Antoinette), but also of the palace staff. Of course, things improved with time (and presumably some of the staff also moved on). She was miserable during that time, except for Caroline and Albert's presence. Still, she would joke around saying that she's a guest at her own palace.

LadyMacAlpine 08-10-2005 01:04 AM

Quote:

=AquaMarine]It's very interesting to hear that the palace staff didn't like Grace. Can I ask why? :confused: I am not dip into the family story and I read about it for the first time. Any assumption that it happened because Grace was an American movie star with no Royal blood would be too ridiculous. I guess there is something else in such dislike. Could you enlighten me, please ;)
Partly because of what you said she was an American. Unknown to us American's her nephew wrote many were offended by gifts like I enjoy receiving myself scented soaps etc. To me and others its a gift to go take a warm tub or shower and enjoy the scent while you relax. They felt she was saying they smelled or something. They didn't understand the American ways as Monica17 said. When you don't have much contact with people of another culture it can seem rather odd at their ways. Like us Puritans who were bothered by Alexandre's nude picture on the beach. Others see nothing wrong with it. I can tell you trying to find a way to fit into another culture isn't always easy. Raised where woman could do whatever they wanted to then the man rules over you and demands of protocol is a shocker for an independent woman.

monica17 08-10-2005 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Partly because of what you said she was an American. Unknown to us American's her nephew wrote many were offended by gifts like I enjoy receiving myself scented soaps etc. To me and others its a gift to go take a warm tub or shower and enjoy the scent while you relax. They felt she was saying they smelled or something. They didn't understand the American ways as Monica17 said. When you don't have much contact with people of another culture it can seem rather odd at their ways.

You're correct, LadyMacAlpine. I also heard about that soap incident. Like you, I would not be bothered with scented soaps as gifts, I would love them. But yes, the palace staff got offended, thinking Grace was trying to tell them something. That courtier I was talking about earlier (sorry I forgot her name) was also a friend of Gisele Pascal, Rainier's ex-girlfriend, so she wouldn't be on Grace's side. Grace also gave said the same person a mauve feather duster. She got offended bec. dusting wasn't part of her work. And Grace merely remembered how much that courtier likes the color mauve. Little things, I guess, but overblown bec. of the cultural differences.

tiaraprin 08-10-2005 01:48 AM

Quote:

You have to be kidding? I really don't think Princess Grace would have risked that happening. Her affair with Oleg Cassini was over before she met Rainier. There have been rumors that she had an abortion because she was pregnant with Cassini's child during their relationship, but that has not been conclusively proven and Mr. Cassini will not speak about it.

monica17 08-10-2005 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiaraprin
You have to be kidding? I really don't think Princess Grace would have risked that happening. Her affair with Oleg Cassini was over before she met Rainier. There have been rumors that she had an abortion because she was pregnant with Cassini's child during their relationship, but that has not been conclusively proven and Mr. Cassini will not speak about it.

Tiaraprin, I agree with you. O.C. and Grace were long over before Albert was born. Her family meant the world to her - I doubt if Grace would risk her marriage and losing custody of Caroline (since her marriage contract states that any children born in the marriage will go to Rainier in the event of a divorce) then. Besides, like I said earlier, she was chaperoned all the time - no chance of her playing around even with an old flame.