The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/)
-   -   Queen Beatrix, Current Events 2 (August 2005 - June 2006) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/queen-beatrix-current-events-2-august-2005-june-2006-a-6751.html)

Gabriella 08-02-2005 08:22 PM

Queen Beatrix, Current Events 2 (August 2005 - June 2006)

Welcome to the newest thread for all the latest news of Queen Beatrix. Happy Posting!

You can find the previous thread here: http://theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5689

mandyy 08-04-2005 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic from HELLO

Dutch Queen Beatrix visits the northern province of Friesland as part of her silver jubilee celebrations

mandyy 08-04-2005 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From gettyimages
Dutch Queen Beatrix hits a jubilee coin in The Central Bank in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles, Willemstad, 29 July 2005. It's the first time ever that the Queen hits a jubilee coin in the Netherlands Antilles. The coins, worth five gulden/florin (silver) and ten gulden/florin (gold) are designed in honour of the Queen's 25-year jubilee. The Antilles-gulden and the Aruban florin are normaly produced in the Netherlands.

misshelen 08-04-2005 03:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Pictures from ANP without watermark from today during the visit in Friesland and Terschelling

marezdote 08-05-2005 07:59 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mandyy
Pic from HELLO

Dutch Queen Beatrix visits the northern province of Friesland as part of her silver jubilee celebrations

More pics of this event from seegerpress.com

Squidgy 08-08-2005 09:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
... and a few more from Royal Images by Capital Photos ...

delineate 08-09-2005 08:51 PM

Queen Beatrix off Top 100 List
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/81512004.htm

Marengo 08-10-2005 05:40 AM

the queen has been so busy this summer, I hope she is enjoying a well deserved holiday in Tavernelle, Italy now.

Squidgy 08-15-2005 09:49 AM

7 Attachment(s)
August 15 2005 Queen Beatrix and Prime Minister Balkenende commemorated the 60th anniversary of the end of WWII today at The Hague.

Photos: ANP & Royal Images by Capital photos

Squidgy 08-15-2005 11:09 AM

8 Attachment(s)
... and a few more from Colourpress ...

fanletizia 08-15-2005 04:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Images from aap

Squidgy 08-16-2005 05:35 AM

Royal Press Europe has some pictures of the Queen's visit to Friesland last week ...

http://www.royalpress.nl/20050804.html

Marengo 08-16-2005 06:51 AM

I have seen the ceremony on television yesterday, very impressive. Especially the old veterans from the Dutch Indies. A shame that out foreign minister disgraced this day by apoloising to the Indonesians, insulting to the veterans previous gouverments sent there & who have sufferod so much from the Japanese occupation!!! The minister could have chosen a better moment I think.

Is it the first time the queen attends this ceremony? Much to late in my opinion.

Amber26 08-16-2005 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo
I have seen the ceremony on television yesterday, very impressive. Especially the old veterans from the Dutch Indies. A shame that out foreign minister disgraced this day by apoloising to the Indonesians, insulting to the veterans previous gouverments sent there & who have sufferod so much from the Japanese occupation!!! The minister could have chosen a better moment I think.

Is it the first time the queen attends this ceremony? Much to late in my opinion.

No it was not the first time; she is not attendig this event every year but after the 50th ceremony every five years.

Squidgy 08-16-2005 07:14 AM

Quote:

Please excuse my ignorance Marengo:o, but what is this all about? Please help:)

Marengo 08-16-2005 07:15 AM

Then I have to apologize! I know that the queen always showed a lot of interest to the eterans of the dutch indies & to the people from the molukken (don t know the translation of this island). During one of her christmas speeches they played a moluc song in the end.

Squidgy 08-22-2005 04:45 PM

Quote:

the queen has been so busy this summer, I hope she is enjoying a well deserved holiday in Tavernelle, Italy now.

Has the Queen had much of a chance to go to her villa? She seems to be so busy this summer - certainly much busier than other monarchs.

Does she always carry out so many engagements in the summer, or is this year special because of her Jubilee celebrations?

Marengo 08-23-2005 02:08 AM

She is more busy then usual, indeed because of her jubilee. I think she managed to go away for at least one week, but not much longer. Most of the holiday months was business as usual however, the queen already received 4 ambassadors this month for example.

The Watcher 08-23-2005 01:06 PM

Queen Beatrix in helicopter scare

23 August 2005

AMSTERDAM A helicopter carrying Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands made a precautionary landing while on the way to a royal engagement on Tuesday.

The incident took place in the south-eastern town of Rosmalen in Brabant Province. It was first reported by regional broadcaster Omroep Brabant and confirmed by the government information service RVD.

The RVD stressed the incident could not be described as an emergency landing.

The Queen was travelling to De Peel air force base near Eindhoven when the pilot decided the weather conditions had reduced visibility below an acceptable level.

The helicopter landed on grass next to the Mercure Hotel in Rosmalen and the Queen continued her journey in a car.

[Expatica News + ANP 2005]

Squidgy 08-23-2005 05:56 PM

Quote:

She is more busy then usual, indeed because of her jubilee. I think she managed to go away for at least one week, but not much longer. Most of the holiday months was business as usual however, the queen already received 4 ambassadors this month for example.

Thanks Marengo.:)

She appears to be thoroughly enjoying all of the Jubilee celebrations, but part of her must be looking forward to next year, when life returns to "normal" (or as normal as a Queen's life can be!)