The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princely Family of Liechtenstein (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f73/)
-   -   Prince Maximilian & Princess Angela 1: July 2005 - May 2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f73/prince-maximilian-and-princess-angela-1-july-2005-may-2007-a-6655.html)

Mandy 07-27-2005 12:40 AM

Prince Maximilian & Princess Angela 1: July 2005 - May 2007
 
Welcome to Part 1 of the Prince Maximilian & Princess Angela thread where you may post news, pictures, comments and articles. Please remember to follow the Attachment and Copyright Rules. Happy posting!

Alisa 08-12-2005 06:00 PM

Wedding
 
A good link with some information and nice pictures from the couple's wedding.



http://royal-weddings.tripod.com/weddingsma.htm

Mandy 08-12-2005 11:50 PM

Here is their wedding their wedding thread from our Old, New, Royal, and Blue forum.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ghlight=angela

Hannelore 08-13-2005 03:17 AM

Well, apart from photos of their wedding I don't hink you'll find much 'news and pictures' of them. They are a very discreet couple who don't play a important role in Liechtenstein.

sommone 08-13-2005 11:24 PM

This is one of my favorite royal couples. Yes I agree, they are very much discreet...There are hardly any photos of their little family, but I guess they like it that way.

michelleq 09-07-2005 09:12 PM

Who is this woman that Prince Maxmilian is pictured with?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=184336

Roshanah 09-13-2005 02:40 PM

His Wife Princess Angela von Leichtenstien:)



Quote:

Originally Posted by michelleq
Who is this woman that Prince Maxmilian is pictured with?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=184336


Lillia 09-13-2005 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roshanah
His Wife Princess Angela von Leichtenstien:)

Princess Angela is not shown in that picture -- I also, however, do not know who the woman is -- but unless there's been some major transformation or something, neither of the women in that picture is Princess Angela.:p

There is a thread with photos of her on it -- if you scroll down to the bottom even those pictures of her, indoors and outdoors, do not look anything like either woman in that picture:p

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ghlight=angela

Alisa 09-13-2005 08:54 PM

Photo of family members.
 
1 Attachment(s)
As promised here is the photo:

The lady in green is the Princess's mother.


photo from Vanidades magazine.

michelleq 01-15-2006 11:45 AM

You never hear anything about Princess Angela; there was a photo of Prince Maxmillian with his brother and sister in law. He was posing with a lighter skinned black woman erroneously identified as Angela. Is Maxmillian and Angela still together?

HRH Kerry 01-27-2006 11:51 AM

Max and Angela will soon celebrate their 6th wedding anniversary on Jan 29. Wonder how they will celebrate? Knowing them (not personally, of course) it will probably be a pretty low key event celebrated by just them along with little Alfons. I wish them many more happy ones to come!

Warren 01-27-2006 12:22 PM

Found this website, which gives a US perspective. Just ignore the comment that Angela "probably has to bring her own lunch and make the beds twice a week", and the description of Liechtenstein as "this little theme park." :eek:

For what it's worth (a couple of good pics though): http://www.thumperscorner.com/discus...tml?1126674389

HRH Kerry 01-27-2006 12:57 PM

Thanks Warren.

I will ignore ignorance.;)

altagrace 01-27-2006 06:40 PM

regarding that website mentined above except for the pictures- totally ignorant!!

michelleq 01-27-2006 08:47 PM

Being an African American Women, this is actually disgusting. This proves beyond a doubt, Ignorance is not bliss.

Warren 01-28-2006 01:56 AM

I posted the link because news of Angela is thin on the ground, and it offered a different perspective.

The United States does not have a monopoly on ignorance, and not all the comments on that particular site are negative.

It is stating the obvious that we have a much greater knowledge and understanding of the royal world than the vast majority of people. It can be something of a reality check to discover that others are so ready to display their ignorance, but then we occasionally get that here in the Forums as well.

Warren

BurberryBrit 01-29-2006 07:00 PM

I hope they had a wonderful annerversary!

Lakshmi 02-17-2006 04:46 AM

The website posted here is very really anoying and ignorant. They even don't know about Angela' and Maximillian's boy. I also wonder if there any picks of their son. I saw only one picture of him. I'd love to see more photos of Angela,she is so pretty and classy lady.:)

HRH Kerry 02-17-2006 08:51 PM

To my understanding, they are very private and live in Hamburg, Germany. However, somebody has to have seen them somewhere. We get updates about German royals so why not Liechtenstein royals that live in Germany?

They are such a lovely family and it would be nice to see/hear more about them.:)

Warren 02-17-2006 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerry
To my understanding, they are very private and live in Hamburg, Germany. However, somebody has to have seen them somewhere. We get updates about German royals so why not Liechtenstein royals that live in Germany?

Probably something along the lines of not messing with the Liechtensteiners in case Prince Hans Adam gets annoyed. ;)

BurberryBrit 02-17-2006 11:01 PM

What happens whe Prince Hans Adam gets annoyed?

BurberryBrit 02-17-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerry
To my understanding, they are very private and live in Hamburg, Germany. However, somebody has to have seen them somewhere. We get updates about German royals so why not Liechtenstein royals that live in Germany?

They are such a lovely family and it would be nice to see/hear more about them.:)

I understand, but they have to go to weddings, work, out shopping, charity functions, something. Where are they. . .:(

Warren 02-17-2006 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
What happens when Prince Hans Adam gets annoyed?

It was a little joke. Nevertheless, I don't think he's the sort of person you would mess with. He has shown he can be determined and ruthless when it comes to protecting the interests of his dynasty. Not a man to cross.

BurberryBrit 02-17-2006 11:48 PM

I see :)
Do the Liechtensteins associate much with the other royal families?

Warren 02-18-2006 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I see :)
Do the Liechtensteins associate much with the other royal families?

As a rule, everything the Liechtensteiners do they do discreetly. Most of the activity takes place out of the public eye; they do not need, nor seek, a high profile or publicity.
They are a reigning and ruling family from the old school, highly adaptable, and the last vestige of the Holy Roman Empire; contacts would be maintained throughout the Gotha.

BurberryBrit 02-18-2006 03:25 PM

Thanks again Warren. What do you mean about the "Gotha?"

I like that they are low key. That's admirable. But usually that makes photographers go into overdrive trying to catch a glimpse. They must be well respected to be left alone. I may have to venture to that side of teh world to see them up close :p

Warren 02-18-2006 04:08 PM

The Gotha
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
Thanks again Warren. What do you mean about the "Gotha?"

It's a term to describe the European Royal world. It includes members of the reigning Houses, former reigning Houses, and the Mediatised Sovereign Houses of the Holy Roman Empire [Habsburg Empire]; that is: all the families who are listed in the Almanach de Gotha, plus some of the grand aristocratic families.
It is unlikely we will ever receive an invitation to one of their parties. :D

sommone 02-18-2006 04:18 PM

I am amazed too that while living in Germany, the press doesn't seem to bother them. You rarely see pictures of the family at all. It kind of throws a major wrench in the royal watching of this couple, but I very much respect their privacy, and wanting to be left alone. Maybe when Alfons comes of age, we might see more photos of the family. I guess we will have to wait and see.

HRH Kerry 02-18-2006 05:06 PM

Exactly my point. You would think that there would be a paparazzi frenzy because they are so elusive. But on the other hand, it is refreshing that little to no scandal is associated with a royal house.

Also, posted somewhere within TRF, someone mentioned that they were voted favorite couple in Germany. Would be nice if a forum member over that way could post more info on them. I'll keep my fingers crossed.:)

BurberryBrit 02-18-2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerry
Exactly my point. You would think that there would be a paparazzi frenzy because they are so elusive. But on the other hand, it is refreshing that little to no scandal is associated with a royal house.

Also, posted somewhere within TRF, someone mentioned that they were voted favorite couple in Germany. Would be nice if a forum member over that way could post more info on them. I'll keep my fingers crossed.:)

Yes, Kerry. The more you clam up, the more ppl try to get something out of you so bravo to them for maintaining their privacy! But they must go to social events in Munich or wherever they live. Yes, perhaps an angel in Germany will give us the scoop. Or like I said, I may have to make a trip to Germany or National Day and see them up close for myself :D

Emily 02-18-2006 08:09 PM

What does "mediatised sovereign house" mean?

Warren 02-19-2006 02:11 AM

Mediatised Houses
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily
What does "mediatised sovereign house" mean?

Keeping it simple... when the Holy Roman Empire (specifically the Germanic lands) was a patchwork of myriad big and little Counties, Principalities, Duchies, Margravates, Electorates etc the ruling princes owed allegiance directly to the Holy Roman Emperor (who happened to be the Habsburg ruler of the hereditary possessions of Austria).

Napoleon Bonaparte declared the Empire a relic of the past and the Emperor abdicated the position in 1806 (after adding 'Emperor of Austria' to his titles in 1804 immediately after Bonaparte proclaimed himself Emperor of the French). Following the turmoil of the Napoleonic Wars the map of Central Europe was re-drawn at the Congress of Vienna in 1815. Most of the little sovereign states were formally absorbed into the territory of their larger neighbour (not always willingly); the former sovereigns of the pocket principalities ceased to rule, and now owed allegiance firstly to their local King, Grand Duke, Duke or Prince. So in terms of feudal allegiance the dispossessed former rulers now had a new liege lord between themselves and the Emperor of Austria, thus the term "media" or "between".

As compensation for the loss of sovereign status the several hundred affected families were declared to be Ebenbürtigkeit ("equal") to the reigning Houses in terms of marriage eligibility and social ranking, plus other privileges, and became known as the "Mediatised Sovereign Houses of the Holy Roman Empire".

TonyaR 02-21-2006 03:22 AM

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone might know where there are any recently posted photos of this very interesting royal couple or their cute little son Alfons?

Mandy 02-21-2006 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyaR
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone might know where there are any recently posted photos of this very interesting royal couple or their cute little son Alfons?

Welcome to the Forum TonyaR and I hope to hear from you again. Happy posting!

I'm afraid this is a fairly private family so we don't have recent pictures of Alfons. However you might want to have a look at these posts. Enjoy!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/124272-post51.html

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4-post106.html

Lakshmi 02-22-2006 10:50 PM

I think he is 5 years old. Angela & Max married in 2000, and Alfons was probably born in 2001.

TonyaR 02-24-2006 01:11 AM

Alfons certainly is an adorable little boy. Are Prince Maximilian and Princess Angela close to the Prince's family, and do they have any other children?

BurberryBrit 02-24-2006 10:59 AM

I think Alfons is their only child. I can't speculate on how close they are with the rest of the family. I do know Angela is Godmother to one of her sister in law's children.

HRH Kerry 02-24-2006 08:22 PM

Princess Angela is Godmother to one of Princess Tatjana's daughters.

Hilda Thomas 02-26-2006 02:28 AM

I assisted in managing buildings that housed many top fashion designes like Carolina Herrara (a very distinguished lady) Jim Hjelm and other known designers I never heard of a A Brown as a designer I enquired and no one seems to be familar with Princess Angela (a former designer) Did she work for a designer? The Fashion District in New York has over a thousand designers some high class some just trying to make it while others barely keeping their heads above water. As for the photographers haunting down Princess Angela and Prince Max, in some cases reporters and photographers dig deep into matters before they write things that are not true because they can be sued. The Germans are tickled that a black woman of no prominence and to boot ll years Prince Max senior was able to penitrate the old Hasberg family. I assume that the Germans are fascinited with this love story. A soon to be middle age black woman and a young prince. History is in the making.
and a

BurberryBrit 02-26-2006 03:22 AM

According to what I've read on the net, Angela worked for Adrienne Vittadini and also sold her own designs.

Hilda Thomas 02-26-2006 05:41 AM

Burberry Brit, thank you for your note, I have been working in the Garment District(Fashion Avenue) in New York for years I met designers f from Europe, the middle East, Far East, South America Italy, and I can go on and on never heard of this person. if Princess Angela was a person of prominence her biography would have been in the book store already she is married to one of the richest Royal family in the world . Writers and biographers would have siezed the opportunity to cash in they cannot write (I assume) what is not true) I will put it this way she is older and wiser she caught a big fish at 42 years old. There are thousands of Fashion designers in New York, some are famous and other are not. even the small designers out of town are known.

michelleq 02-26-2006 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas
Burberry Brit, thank you for your note, I have been working in the Garment District(Fashion Avenue) in New York for years I met designers f from Europe, the middle East, Far East, South America Italy, and I can go on and on never heard of this person. if Princess Angela was a person of prominence her biography would have been in the book store already she is married to one of the richest Royal family in the world . Writers and biographers would have siezed the opportunity to cash in they cannot write (I assume) what is not true) I will put it this way she is older and wiser she caught a big fish at 42 years old. There are thousands of Fashion designers in New York, some are famous and other are not. even the small designers out of town are known.

Well Hilda, she has some prominence now, doesn't she. It was never noted anywhere that she was a famous designer, but that she worked for the designer that Burberry Brit stated and that she had designed under A. Brown. Anyone can design. Whether she was popular or, as to paraphrase you, prominent, was never noted nor that her designs were sold. She must be truly loved by her husband, esp. per your quote in bold print, "I will put it this way she is older and wiser she caught a big fish at 42 years old" and "a soon to be middle age black woman". Her husband's family has accepted her and apparently care for her and she is accepted by her new peers as she was accepted by her peers prior to her marriage. Your vast knowledge in the garment district is duly noted, but the tone of your posts, to me, are rather distasteful and prejudicial. If you want to state that her biography has been "fluffed" in any way, well that has been done by Royals and Celebrites for many a year. Again, I have always read that she worked for a desinger and had designed under A. Brown, no more, no less. Her new life is as HSH Princess Angela of Liechtenstein; she doesn't have to design another thing as long as she lives if she chooses not to. And I find it wonderful that many taboos of the past have been put to rest by "Intellegient Humans of today". I myself being an African American Woman am dating a 100% Hungarian American Man. His family, who were born in Hungary, are very kind and caring towards me. Who knows what the future may hold, but my, and his mind, have never been narrowed enough to limit ourselves to just our race; such as the generations after yours seem to be doing. Today, bigotry is only being held in the minds and lives of a certain element of people. And that is the tone I perceive when I read your post; again distasteful and prejudicial.

BurberryBrit 02-26-2006 04:28 PM

I think that just because Angela doesn't have an aristocratic background doesn't mean she isn't wonderful. For me, the fact that she was able to "catch" Prince Max despite her being of a different face, class, status, etc, just signals to me that she must have been a phenomenal woman who he simply couldn't resist despite what others may perceive as negatives in her background.

michelleq 02-26-2006 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I think that just because Angela doesn't have an aristocratic background doesn't mean she isn't wonderful. For me, the fact that she was able to "catch" Prince Max despite her being of a different face, class, status, etc, just signals to me that she must have been a phenomenal woman who he simply couldn't resist despite what others may perceive as negatives in her background.

Bravo!!! And that she is!

Hilda Thomas 02-26-2006 08:52 PM

My Dear Michelleq: I will quote Longfellow "Things are not what they seem!!!

Hilda Thomas 02-26-2006 09:33 PM

I did not impinged on HSH Princess Angela's character, Like everyone else I had an opinion. On many forums it was stated that the pazzaratzi was not haunting down Angela and her husband. Reporters will go behind God's back to dig out information, I am not the only one on the Forum who did not hear about a A Brown's creation. Please check the dictionary for the meaning of the word prominence and I think that a middle aged woman marring a young prince is a fantastic story Princess Charlotte of Germany(part black) had married King George of England. I read on the forum that, I quote "Princess Angela said that she was a descendant of Hispanic unlike others who felt that Angela did not want to be black. I did not take the quote out of context as you did with my statement. In the Garment district there are thousands of dress designers some are famous while others are not the come from all over the world. Angela is older and wisher does'nt experience come with age. who would not like to catch a big fish?? It was mentioned over and over that no information is given on this couple, reporters can be sued if they do not write the truth. If there is nothing to write then there is nothing to report. Again things are not what they seem.

michelleq 02-26-2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas
My Dear Michelleq: I will quote Longfellow "Things are not what they seem!!!

That is correct; many times people put on a facade for the world to see but in fact they may be the complete opposite.

I take offense to the derogatory statements with the racial undertones that you made in your posts . I find them quite offensive. But again, that is the way I perceive your posts, my dearest Hilda.

Lakshmi 02-26-2006 11:27 PM

I think newspapers don't write anything about Angela and Max because they both decided to have low key life, living more like regular people. On the other hand tabloids don't write about Angela because they are not able to find anything scandalus.
Re: Angela career. I know nothing about design and fashion industry but her career seems quite impressive for me. She graduated from School of Fashion Design,worked for famous designers and had her own company. Contrary to many people from prominent families she did not have any favoritism when making career.

Angela and Max marriage is a very romantic story about how powerful love can be. :)

sommone 02-26-2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakshmi
On the other hand tabloids don't write about Angela because they are not able to find anything scandalus.
Re: Angela career. I know nothing about design and fashion industry but her career seems quite impressive for me. She graduated from School of Fashion Design,worked for famous designers and had her own company. Contrary to many people from prominent families she did not have any favoritism when making career.

Angela and Max marriage is a very romantic story about how powerful love can be. :)


I agree. Scandals sell papers. Angela doesn't appear to have skeletons so to speak worth writing about, so I suppose they don't bother to write about her at all. As for her not wanting to be black, I guess that is a matter of opinion. I think in Central America, they look at race a little differently than we do in the US. Being from Panama, Angela wouldn't be considered Black. She would be Hispanic. At least this is what my Black Panamanian Spanish Teacher told our class about 14 years ago when one of the students asked if she was Black. However, in the US, because she looks Black, she would be considered a Hispanic of African descent since Hispanics can be of any race. Max and Angela are one of my favorite couples. Maybe being low key is a good thing. You don't have to worry about people making up lies about you. I'm surprised though that no one in the media risks doing it though.

sommone 02-27-2006 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas
Burberry Brit, thank you for your note, I have been working in the Garment District(Fashion Avenue) in New York for years I met designers f from Europe, the middle East, Far East, South America Italy, and I can go on and on never heard of this person. if Princess Angela was a person of prominence her biography would have been in the book store already she is married to one of the richest Royal family in the world . Writers and biographers would have siezed the opportunity to cash in they cannot write (I assume) what is not true) I will put it this way she is older and wiser she caught a big fish at 42 years old. There are thousands of Fashion designers in New York, some are famous and other are not. even the small designers out of town are known.


I read your posts, and they left me some what confused...What are you implying about Angela? Just because she wasn't "prominent" in the New York fashion circle doesn't mean that she wasn't a designer. If it was a lie, the media would have found it out at some point, and had a field day with it because that is what they do.

BurberryBrit 02-27-2006 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas
I did not impinged on HSH Princess Angela's character, Like everyone else I had an opinion. On many forums it was stated that the pazzaratzi was not haunting down Angela and her husband. Reporters will go behind God's back to dig out information, I am not the only one on the Forum who did not hear about a A Brown's creation. Please check the dictionary for the meaning of the word prominence and I think that a middle aged woman marring a young prince is a fantastic story Princess Charlotte of Germany(part black) had married King George of England. I read on the forum that, I quote "Princess Angela said that she was a descendant of Hispanic unlike others who felt that Angela did not want to be black. I did not take the quote out of context as you did with my statement. In the Garment district there are thousands of dress designers some are famous while others are not the come from all over the world. Angela is older and wisher does'nt experience come with age. who would not like to catch a big fish?? It was mentioned over and over that no information is given on this couple, reporters can be sued if they do not write the truth. If there is nothing to write then there is nothing to report. Again things are not what they seem.

I'm not sure I understand your post. What do you mean when you say things aren't as they seem? You seem to be accusing Angela of something but I can't decipher what it is. Please, elaborate.

Warren 02-27-2006 07:00 AM

Well, hasn't this thread taken an odd turn?
Who would have thought there are dark subtexts not yet revealed?

I think most of us prefer facts, observations and opinions rather than vague inferences. Now there's a hint!

Warren
Royal Forums moderator

BurberryBrit 02-27-2006 08:20 AM

Bravo Warren!

michelleq 02-27-2006 06:32 PM

Thank you Warren for your continual guidance. Wonderful as always!

HRH Kerry 02-27-2006 06:35 PM

Amen!!! I say that we all wait for BurberryBrit to go over to Liechtenstien for National Day and pray to God that the esteemed royal couple actually show-up!;) :D :p ;) :D :p

Lillia 02-28-2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sommone
I am amazed too that while living in Germany, the press doesn't seem to bother them. You rarely see pictures of the family at all. It kind of throws a major wrench in the royal watching of this couple, but I very much respect their privacy, and wanting to be left alone. Maybe when Alfons comes of age, we might see more photos of the family. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I'm glad that people at least respect their privacy also -- after all, they are not birds.

Lillia 02-28-2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelleq
That is correct; many times people put on a facade for the world to see but in fact they may be the complete opposite.

I take offense to the derogatory statements with the racial undertones that you made in your posts . I find them quite offensive. But again, that is the way I perceive your posts, my dearest Hilda.

Nicely put -- but look at it this way, who says Prince Maxmillian isn't actually the lucky one in this story? Why would it be assumed that she would be the one so fortunate -- perhaps he himself cannot believe his own good fortune for being able to captivate her, then get her to accept his proposal?

michelleq 02-28-2006 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillia
Nicely put -- but look at it this way, who says Prince Maxmillian isn't actually the lucky one in this story? Why would it be assumed that she would be the one so fortunate -- perhaps he himself cannot believe his own good fortune for being able to captivate her, then get her to accept his proposal?

I agree wholeheartedly Lillia! Who is to say which is the luckiest; personally I think they are both very fortunate to love each other. And he is a prince to boot. Now, I want to be that lucky. Maybe Gustav of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg is available for me if my boyfriend and I don't work out.

lilliegal 02-28-2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillia
Nicely put -- but look at it this way, who says Prince Maxmillian isn't actually the lucky one in this story? Why would it be assumed that she would be the one so fortunate -- perhaps he himself cannot believe his own good fortune for being able to captivate her, then get her to accept his proposal?

I think you are onto something. It should be noted that Angela is an Afro-latina rather than African-American. It is my personal opinion that women of African-American origin are not as open minded as Afro-latinas (and even with Afro-latinas, we cant be sure that they would be willing). Therefore, we can't just assume that Angela was the one who needed the ability to catch Max. For even a white prince would not have an easy time attracting most black woman; not saying this is morally right, JMO of course.

michelleq 02-28-2006 07:55 PM

I want to thank all of you who with your various posts have indicated in your special way, that this is the way the world should be. We take people for who they are, not what they are.

But we Royal Watchers are a special group of people anyway. Not just oon this board but the other wonderful boards; Netty's, Anuschka's, Glenn's, and all the other who are to numerous to name.

I feel that I have friends from all over the world! We may not always agree, but we are friends with a common bond; Royalty!

Lillia 02-28-2006 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilliegal
I think you are onto something. It should be noted that Angela is an Afro-latina rather than African-American. It is my personal opinion that women of African-American origin are not as open minded as Afro-latinas (and even with Afro-latinas, we cant be sure that they would be willing). Therefore, we can't just assume that Angela was the one who needed the ability to catch Max. For even a white prince would not have an easy time attracting most black woman; not saying this is morally right, JMO of course.

I'm sorry, but this kind of conversation is making my head swirl.

Who says african women are not open-minded? I know alot of african women who are very nice and quite pleasant to be around. And now it is becoming a difference on latin or not??!!?? I should have keep my opinion to myself

I still don't really understand the point of it, what does it matter? Maybe I am too simple a person or something

Personally, I find these topics of who is 'racial' or what really sad and give me a headache.

lilliegal 02-28-2006 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillia
I'm sorry, but this aspect of the conversation is making my head swirl.

Who says african women are not open-minded? I know alot of african women who are very nice and quite pleasant to be around. And now it is becoming a difference on latin or not??!!?? I should have keep my opinion to myself

I still don't really understand the point of it, what does it matter? Maybe I am naive or something

Personally, I find these topics of who is 'racial' or what really sad and give me a headache.

Perhaps I should clarify what I meant. When I said open minded I was referring specifically to interracial dating and marriage. I wasn't speaking of who isn't nice or unpleasant. However, it is a fact that most African-American women prefer African-American men. Not saying it's right, but to say otherwise would be a denial of facts. Therefore, we should not assume that it was Angela (although culturally a latina) who was the fortunate one here.

michelleq 02-28-2006 08:22 PM

I'm African American and what Lilliegal is saying is true to a point, and that point is dwindling as time progresses (Thank God). I have African American female friends who do not understand what I see in my friend (Hungarian American). But I also have the same amount who now understand and are willing themselves to date outside of our race. It basically is how one was brought up. I was brought up not to see color unless made to do so, yet not to use color as a reason for any action. I don't feel that Lilliegal was being offensive in any manner; it just depend upon the way one was brought up and she is correct to a point. She is also correct that African American and African Latina women do not always think the same and where one lives has alot to do with the way they think. In the Latin countries, people are more accepting no matter what hue their skin is. Yet in the States (sadly to say) there are some African Americans as well as African Latinas, that when they relocate here, are more "color conscience" for lack of a better phrase. Those who act in this manner are mimicking the society that they dwell and interact in. Not all but some. Again, as time progress, I choose to believe that this way of thinking will dwindle further.

Jamerican 02-28-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelleq
I'm African American and what Lilliegal is saying is true to a point, and that point is dwindling as time progresses (Thank God). I have African American female friends who do not understand what I see in my friend (Hungarian American). But I also have the same amount who now understand and are willing themselves to date outside of our race.

I'm also a black woman of Carribbean descent, who has dated caucasian men in the past. What Lilliegal is saying is true to a point. A lot of black women prefer to date black men and find it strange when you are willing to date 'outside the box.'. When I was in high school, you were considered a 'sellout' if you dated interracially. I'm glad this is changing, though, as you should probably date a person who cares for you.

michelleq 02-28-2006 08:55 PM

This is becoming quite an enlightening topic. And the beauty behind it, we are all learning about each other and our cultures as well as Maxmilian and Angela!

Lakshmi 03-01-2006 05:26 AM

Yeees. :) Let's back to Angela & Max. I'm glad this thread is longer and longer because they're my favourite couple. Are there any news about them or maybe some pics?

HRH Kerry 03-01-2006 07:24 AM

Does anyone know why Princess Angela was a no-show for the last National Day? Little Alfons wasn't even there. Whatever the reason, I'm sure it was a good one. Have any of our forum members been to Liechtenstein's National Day?

BurberryBrit 03-02-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerry
Well, it was fun while it lasted. :p But back on point. Does anyone know why Princess Angela was a no-show for the last National Day? Little Alfons wasn't even there. Whatever the reason, I'm sure it was a good one. Have any of our forum members been to Liechtenstein's National Day?

I think we will all be on Angela and Alfons watch for this upcoming National Day ;) The latest pics I've seen of her are from 2002 or 2003 so it's been a while. I just hope all is well with the family.

HRH Kerry 03-02-2006 04:58 PM

I hope so too. :)

Hilda Thomas 03-03-2006 06:18 PM

BURBERRYBRIT: I had a death in my family and could not reply to your note erlier RE: HRH Angela and P Max, I am not surprised that my post caused such a stir. Let me introduce myself to you I am a black woman from a former British Colony and I am pro Royalty when I was a little girl I remembered when Queen Mary and King George VI died my mother wore black and mourn for a fornight. thats how British and Pro Royal I am. I was a British Subject now I am an American Object. I like this Forum, many times I wanted to post things that are interesting but I reframe from doing so because this Forum is privately owned and I do not want to seem impiging on anyone or to cause trouble by overstepping my bounds.
WHAT COMES OUT OF PERSON'S MOUTH OR WHAT HE OR SHE WRITES DO NOT NECESSARY ORIGINATE FROM THE HEART:- Our Creator gave each and every one of us an AURA. and some people are given the gift to read and to view things beyond this realm many people use this gift to extort money from their fellow human beings, they become millionaires. Some of the members of this Forum are hypercrits. They do not say things from the heart I presumed that this is the way of all flesh.
What I posted on the Forum last week it was the vibes I picked up from the members who are very interested to know what is going on in P A. P M. lives while some wish them evil others are sinsere and have their interest at heart. If my post was offencive to anyone I humbly appolize. IT IS A PITY THAT PEOPLE CANNOT BE MORE TRUTHFUL WITH ONE ANOTHER . "what comes out of a person's mouth does not necessary originages from the heart". By the way I love all of you and this is the best Forum I enjoyed reading your responses to my post. Thank you. Hilda is still around and may drop other bombshells. If you all do not understand my sentences/expressions "just read through the lines" as the old British people would say. Thank you for putting up with me.

Hilda Thomas 03-03-2006 06:35 PM

I can see things beyond this realm and I can also read one's aura many people have this gift , like me they go about their daily busines quietly and do not draw attention to themselves.

One should never boast or brag about what another person would do or cannot do, besides, people are deceiving we do not know what we are capable of doing under certain circumstances.

Warren 03-04-2006 01:59 AM

Thank you Hilda for your explanation and for revealing a bit about yourself.

To all members...
Although these posts are 'off-topic' I will leave them on the Board so that our TRF 'Liechtenstein community' has the benefit of reading them.

However, this thread is for current events and informed and factual comment. Questions are asked and answered without speculation, gossip or inference.

Angela and Maximilian appear to be an intensely private couple; there are very few recent photographs and even less news. Bearing this in mind I would ask that future posts keep to the topic, be relevant, and refrain from personal conjecture.

thanks,
Warren
moderator

Toledo 03-04-2006 11:41 AM

I did not know much about Princess Angela, well, nothing at all. When I read about her and her husband and the acceptance of his family toward her made me look at the low-key Liechtenstein clan with more respect.

michelleq 03-08-2006 05:56 PM

Has anyone determined who this woman is with Prince Max?

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1124822565

Warren 04-04-2006 07:18 AM

Pics!
 
Elsa has very kindly posted some pics of Princess Angela (oh, and Prince Max too) in the Wedding Thread of Prince Heinrich Donatus of Hesse from 2003. See post #7.

TonyaR 04-09-2006 09:15 PM

Hello everyone, I have not posted in a while, I have been incredibly busy with work and home. I have a 4 year old, and he keeps me running after him. I would like to second the statement made by Michelleq: Who is the woman with Prince Maximilian? IMHO, she looks very like Princess Angela. I was wondering if anyone knew if she was perhaps Angela's sister or another relative?

michelleq 05-12-2006 09:20 PM

Are they still together? Talk about being "under the radar".

BurberryBrit 05-13-2006 05:38 PM

I have wondered that myself, michelleq, but I will keep the faith that they are still together. Maybe they will make an appearance at National Day?

HRH Kerry 05-13-2006 05:57 PM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one since Angela was a no-show for last year's National Day.

princess olga 05-13-2006 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyaR
Hello everyone, I have not posted in a while, I have been incredibly busy with work and home. I have a 4 year old, and he keeps me running after him. I would like to second the statement made by Michelleq: Who is the woman with Prince Maximilian? IMHO, she looks very like Princess Angela. I was wondering if anyone knew if she was perhaps Angela's sister or another relative?

It's none of our business of course, but I want to know, too! :)
Am I the only one who thinks that picture has a weird feel to it? For one, we haven't seen him stepping out with his wife for what seems eons. When we do see <him> stepping out, he has his arms around a woman we don't know, but not around the arms of his sister in law nor around his brother, who both also are in the picture.
Ah well, maybe there's nothing to it, but yet, why did he have his arm around her and no one else? And she's standing so very very close to him? Unless she's Angela's sister, I wouldn't like it if I were Max's wife. Again it just seems weird.

Australian 05-14-2006 06:06 AM

It is just so hard to interpret anything this family does, especially with Maximilian and Angela. They are so intensely private that anything could be going on behind closed doors. I guess it's a good thing that they have their privacy, but not so good for nosy inquisitive people like us who want to know more about them and wait for them to make a noise! :)

Lakshmi 05-16-2006 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelleq
Are they still together? Talk about being "under the radar".

I think they are together and all are doing fine.:)

HRH Kerry 05-16-2006 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelleq
Has anyone determined who this woman is with Prince Max?

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1124822565

This has been a mystery to us for quite some time. I would like to point out that the style of dress is not that of Princess Angela. Also, the caption summary (is that Russian?) doesn't mention her specifically as it does the others. Not to mention this lady's complexion is light like Prince Max. I do think all is well between the two though.

BurberryBrit 05-16-2006 09:00 AM

My comment keeps disappearing:

Again, I wonder how little Alfons is?

TonyaR 05-16-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
My comment keeps disappearing:

Again, I wonder how little Alfons is?

I agree BurberryBrit, I wonder how he is also. I visited Nettie's site (fantastic site btw, Nettie!) and saw from the News section that Alfons' birthday is this month. I wonder if Prince Max and Princess Angela are still living in Germany? I have never seen them in any of the tabloids or a celebrity magazine like 'Hello'. They keep a very low profile.

Alisa 05-16-2006 10:34 PM

Prince Maximilian has assumed the position of being a member of the Chairman Group Executive Committee for the family bank, LGT.

http://www.lgt.com/group/en/presse/pressebilder/ (large photo)

BurberryBrit 05-16-2006 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa
Prince Maximilian has assumed the position of being a member of the Chairman Group Executive Committee for the family bank, LGT.

http://www.lgt.com/group/en/presse/pressebilder/ (large photo)

I wonder if this means they are back in Liechtenstein?

Warren 05-17-2006 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
My comment keeps disappearing:
Again, I wonder how little Alfons is?

It's pointless to keep asking this question because no-one here is in a position to answer it.

If there were news and/or pics of Anglea, Max and Alfons in the public domain, I'm pretty sure someone would post whatever they could find.

We can have a succession of posts beginning with "I wonder if..." but they add nothing to the quality or substance of the thread.

Warren
Liechtenstein moderator

HRH Kerry 05-17-2006 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa
Prince Maximilian has assumed the position of being a member of the Chairman Group Executive Committee for the family bank, LGT.

http://www.lgt.com/group/en/presse/pressebilder/ (large photo)

Oh yeah. I forgot that he was to take over the position in May 2006.

Lakshmi 05-17-2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa
Prince Maximilian has assumed the position of being a member of the Chairman Group Executive Committee for the family bank, LGT.

http://www.lgt.com/group/en/presse/pressebilder/ (large photo)

There are pictures of Liechtenstein princely family, there is a photo of P. Alois' wife, but there is no P Maximillian's wife, P Angela's picture.:confused:

Warren 05-18-2006 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakshmi
There are pictures of Liechtenstein princely family, there is a photo of P. Alois' wife, but there is no P Maximillian's wife, P Angela's picture. :confused:

There's no Prince Constantin or Princess Marie, or Princess Tatiana or Philipp von Latorff, or Prince Philipp's wife, so I wouldn't read too much into it. :)

nb.. here's the big pic of Schloss Vaduz. © LGT Group.

Vita 05-22-2006 10:55 AM

How depressing. I've spent days searching for new photos and have found absolutely nothing! It's so frustrating, but at the same time admirable that they've been able to keep such a low profile considering who and what they are on all levels.

Meanwhile, just came from that Thumper forum hoping to see some new pics and whoa is that place scary or what? I tried to tear myself away from the ignorance but could not, not read all the posts. Interesting is all I can say.

Anyway, I'll chec back later for any updates. These two are my favs.

mybags 05-22-2006 02:42 PM

The next time we see any photos of the couple will probably be at the National Day celebrations on August 15 if they decide to attend, until then we'll just have to wait and see...

princess olga 05-22-2006 08:28 PM

yes, I agree it's of course contrary to our interests as members of a forum with a focus on discussing the lives of those with royal titles to their names.

But then again, it is not <our> lives we are discussing here, and you're right we should be happy that the members of one of Europe's most influential, not to mention wealthy, families, are actually able to conduct their lives in a very private way.

I'm sure someone like Caroline of Monaco, a woman who truly knows the meaning of the phrase "living in a fish bowl", would look at the Liechtenstein royals with some envy!

Alisa 05-23-2006 02:54 PM

Here is an old article that I found online. * Special thanks to Lula for translating it.:)


Quote:

Originally Posted by LatinOL
The group boricua "Salserín", has just finished the recording of their new soap opera " Where the love is ", that includes a chapter with scenes recorded recently in Panamanian soil, in agreement to reports published by a local diary.

Angela Brown, a fashionable Panamanian designer will turn next January 29 into the wife of the prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein, according to a report of the agency of news ACAN-EFE and spread by local means.

The envied Panamanian fiancée will wear in her wedding, a dress made by the tailor of international reputation, Oscar de la Renta, in agreement to reports of a nearby relative. The wedding will be realized in one month in New York. Apparently, according to a report of the journalist Fabio Agrana of EFE, Angela and 30-year-old Maximilian, they are known for several years and they began friendship immediately after which he and his father, Hans Adam ll of Liechtenstein, coincided with an activity in which his niece was taking part.
The fiancée is a " very agreeable " and "simple" person and to fact all her professional career in The United States. Angela Brown is the oldest one of four children, two males. She was born in the Panamanian province of Bocas del Toro, bordering with Costa Rica, in the Caribbean littoral, where she realized part of her primary studies and then she moved as a girl to U.S. with her parents. She studied design in New York and started working immediately for big fashion designer companies and also she created a company with associates in Hong Kong. She is tall, thin and elegant. She travels very often to Europe and recently she came from Germany where she was to so much of the details related to her future residence. The French fashion designer Helene Breebaart, who resides in Panama, expressed to ACAN-EFE that Angela Brown is a girl of " very brilliant " personality and of a "fantastic" talent.
She continues saying the report that after studying in Frankfurt until 1993, the small son of Hans Adam II completed his formation in The United States and to obtain a Master in Administration of Companies in 1997. From September, 1998 he works for a society with sedate in Hamburg (Germany) and London. With this wedding, all the children of Hans Adam II of Liechtenstein will be married, since his other three major children, the inheritor Alois, the prince Constantin and the princess Tatiana already married.

http://www.latinol.com/diversion/far...t.asp?id=9&t=4

grim_lady 05-23-2006 07:32 PM

Thanks for posting the article! It's interesting to be able to learn more about Angela. It's so difficult for me to find articles about her that I can actually understand...

HRH Kerry 05-24-2006 07:26 PM

Thanks so much for the post. We are all hungry for any news on Max and Angela, old or new.

zanychick3000 05-24-2006 09:01 PM

I found a few articles online regarding Prince Maximillian of Liechtenstein. The first one just quotes him:
http://www.lgt.com/group/en/news.html

This one announces that hes assumed control of the family's business LGT:
http://www.lgt.com/group/en/news.html?print=true

HRH Kerry 05-25-2006 06:30 AM

Zanychick3000- Thanks for the articles. I go to the website often to find anything. I must say that I like the new picture of Prince Max. I love the dark framed glasses he's sportin' these days. He's so dreamy!;)

Hi Vita- LOL!!!

I'm sure that the rest of Max and Angela's fan base are keeping their fingers crossed on your being able to go on this trip, too. :D

Lakshmi 06-05-2006 05:31 AM

P Angela & P Max are very private couple. So propably we will not see their picture before August 15, (National Day). So another 2 months before we are able to discuss anything new.;) :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises