The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/)
-   -   Diana and Dodi Statue unveiled; D&D dolls for sale on eBay (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/diana-and-dodi-statue-unveiled-d-and-d-dolls-for-sale-on-ebay-6546.html)

iowabelle 07-20-2005 07:25 PM

Diana and Dodi Statue unveiled; D&D dolls for sale on eBay

They had these dolls, in holiday clothes, for sale today. The opening bid was $29.99 but nobody had bid on them.

I have never seen a Dodi doll before. (No, I won't be buying them.)

Elspeth 07-20-2005 07:43 PM

Well, the opening bid might well be $29.95, but who knows how much the reserve is. They could be wanting thousands!

I'm surprised the Diana Fund hasn't sued the dickens out of whoever created that doll.

iowabelle 07-20-2005 08:52 PM

They looked pretty chintzy.

tiaraprin 07-24-2005 01:21 AM

This Is An Outrage!!!

This is a disgusting outrage!! Making personal profit off of the Princess and whoever was in the car with her smacks of disrespect, greed, and dishonor. I hope poor William and Harry don't hear about this!! I am writing to Ebay to take that abomination off of their auctions!!!

Australian 07-24-2005 01:22 AM

the dolls are a tacky idea.

tiaraprin 07-24-2005 01:33 AM

My Note to Ebay!

Message: I recently saw that someone put up for auction a set of dolls that were of Princess Diana and Dodi Al-Fayed. This is GROSS MISTASTE; profiting off of the tragic death of a woman who was hounded to her grave!! I am deeply offended and wish that you would not allow any more of these malicious for profit auctions!!!

sara1981 07-24-2005 02:18 PM

i dont like ebay!

but i wont wanted dolls of Diana and Dodi but i would agree with tiaraprin but i dont hates Diana

Sara Boyce

iowabelle 07-24-2005 02:49 PM

I guess one person's bad taste is another person's memorabilia. (No, I won't be bidding on it.) Where do you draw the line?

karla64 08-24-2005 11:51 AM

Diana and Dodi Statue Unveiled

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...anadodistatue/

infantaellamaria 08-24-2005 11:55 AM

Tacky! That guy is absolutely tasteless!

iowabelle 08-24-2005 11:56 AM

What an odd statue.

tiaraprin 08-24-2005 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karla64

That is a tacky memorial to the Princess. Mohammed Al-Fayed is still trying to gain more attention and fame from the Princess' legacy. It is truly disgusting.

Why is she in a "skimpy bikini" frollicking with Al-Fayed's son Dodi? You would think Mr. Al-Fayed would make a more dignified memorial to Diana and his son!

Idriel 08-24-2005 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiaraprin
That is a tacky memorial to the Princess. Mohammed Al-Fayed is still trying to gain more attention and fame from the Princess' legacy. It is truly disgusting.

Why is she in a "skimpy bikini" frollicking with Al-Fayed's son Dodi? You would think Mr. Al-Fayed would make a more dignified memorial to Diana and his son!

I second your post. I though the Harrods Gold memorial was the summit but this beat it easily

Another view of the horror:

The owner of the Bronze Age foundry, Mark Kennedy polishes Innocent Victims - a bronze statue of Diana, Princess of Wales and Dodi Al Fayed, in east London, Wednesday Aug. 24, 2005. Commissioned by Dodi's father, Harrods' owner Mohamed Al Fayed, the sculpture by family friend Bill Mitchell is due to be erected in the famous Knighstbridge department store. (AP Photo/PA, Chris Young)

tiaraprin 08-24-2005 12:27 PM

I wish the Queen could have that tacky thing removed and destroyed!

karla64 08-24-2005 12:34 PM

Quote:

I wish the Queen could have that tacky thing removed and destroyed!

I agree but William and harry could have removed too.......because his mother...

karlavm

Elspeth 08-24-2005 12:42 PM

I guess Harrods won't be getting Royal Warrant from Prince William any time soon, once he starts being able to give them out.

Mapple 08-24-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantaellamaria
Tacky! That guy is absolutely tasteless!

Seconded... What a shameless exploitation of the memory of Diana.

Reina 08-24-2005 12:49 PM

Very crass of him to do.

princess gertrude 08-24-2005 12:54 PM

I totally agree that this is one of the most "tasteless" things I've ever seen. What was he thinking, besides cashing in on Diana (yet again!). I have no respect for this fellow. And I do believe that the Queen, Charles, William and Harry will not find this amusing!

iowabelle 08-24-2005 01:39 PM

Quote:

It's not a skimpy bikini, it's a skimpy dress.