The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Library (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Which castle is this? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/which-castle-is-this-6522.html)

Alexandra 07-18-2005 04:48 PM

Which castle is this?
 
1 Attachment(s)
And can you tell me which castle it is in this picture. I seem to have seen it before somewhere, but don't know where it was.

I found it in the address: http://www.nobility-royalty.com/

Alexandra 07-18-2005 05:25 PM

Thank you hippiesheep! It could be that castle, I found just now the same site, you gave there.

GrandDuchess 07-18-2005 05:31 PM

That is the Château de Chambord indeed, a very famous one. It has a fascinating history, and you can see pictures of it appears every now and them, I would guess because the special architecture. You can find the official website of the Château here

EmpressRouge 07-18-2005 09:34 PM

The Chateau de Chambord is probably the biggest and fanciest in the Loire Valley. Da Vinci designed the double helix staircase for Francois I so he and other men would not have to pass by their wives when they were with their mistresses.

Reina 07-18-2005 11:09 PM

Hey wasn't that in the movie "ever after" with Drew Barrymore.

Dennism 07-18-2005 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reina
Hey wasn't that in the movie "ever after" with Drew Barrymore.

No, they filmed it in the Dordogne. By the way, I wondered how they got my photo! I took pretty much that exact photo once!:) I walked and walked a good distance so that I would have the entire castle in my photo. I had a little cheapo camera at the time. :)

hillary_nugent 07-19-2005 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennism
No, they filmed it in the Dordogne. By the way, I wondered how they got my photo! I took pretty much that exact photo once!:) I walked and walked a good distance so that I would have the entire castle in my photo. I had a little cheapo camera at the time. :)

Wow you are so lucky to have seen it in person!!! :) it's such a beautiful castle ^___^

Danielle 07-19-2005 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
Wow you are so lucky to have seen it in person!!! :) it's such a beautiful castle ^___^

I agree. It seems like a beautiful place, but I haven't seen it in person either. I remember day-dreaming in French classes about staying in it, and what it would be like finally seeing it. I'm still waiting for the day to come. :(

drimal 07-19-2005 09:23 AM

I have visited the most beautiful castles of the Loire Valley in 1993 (so long ago:o ): Chambort, the biggest castle in Europe; Chenonceaux, the most romantic castle; Blois, the castle with the large stairs in the center of the town; and Cheverny, the only castle still inhabited. Last summer I returned on the Loire Valley and visited the castle of Blois again and the castle with the beautiful gardens, Villandry.:)

Here is a link to the castles of the Loire Valley:http://www.castles-france.net/chateaux-loire/


PS: @ Administrators: It would be a great idea if we had a thread in this forum about all the beautiful castles of the world, where members could post pictures and informations about the royal buildings of the present and the past.

Dennism 07-19-2005 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drimal
I have visited the most beautiful castles of the Loire Valley in 1993 (so long ago:o ): Chambort, the biggest castle in Europe; Chenonceaux, the most romantic castle; Blois, the castle with the large stairs in the center of the town; and Cheverny, the only castle still inhabited. Last summer I returned on the Loire Valley and visited the castle of Blois again and the castle with the beautiful gardens, Villandry.:)

Here is a link to the castles of the Loire Valley:http://www.castles-france.net/chateaux-loire/


PS: @ Administrators: It would be a great idea if we had a thread in this forum about all the beautiful castles of the world, where members could post pictures and informations about the royal buildings of the present and the past.

Blois is a beautiful castle too and I enjoyed that town as well. Unfortunately, it was undergoing some renovation when I was there and I didn´t get to see much but the rooms I saw were pretty nice. Chenonceau is great too.

Elsa M. 07-19-2005 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drimal
PS: @ Administrators: It would be a great idea if we had a thread in this forum about all the beautiful castles of the world, where members could post pictures and informations about the royal buildings of the present and the past.

We already have several threads dedicated to the castles and palaces of each royal family.
Take a look at:
Britain:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6086

Belgium:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687

Denmark:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701

Holland:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

Spain:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=663
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162

Sweeden:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2463

Poland:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5133

Luxembourg:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=900

drimal 07-20-2005 04:04 AM

Thanks very much for the links!:) It's exactly what I asked for: a quick overall view of all the royal castles.;)

I want to add:

Norway:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=2447

Monaco:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...read.php?t=489

Jordania:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5049

HRH Kerry 08-01-2006 09:59 PM

Thanks for all of the links. I just received my copy of CASTLES AND PALACES OF EUROPE from Amazon. Its big, heavy, and full of beautiful pictures. There are 415 pages including the glossary. A must if you're interested in castles and palaces. Very inexpensive.:smile:

Toledo 08-01-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandra
And can you tell me which castle it is in this picture. I seem to have seen it before somewhere, but don't know where it was.

I found it in the address: http://www.nobility-royalty.com/

That's is one very interesting site. Never seen it before. I checked some links and loved this funny picture they had of a very diverse family tree:
http://www.nobility-royalty.com/1e9eaad90.jpg :cool:

On the site in general, I went around and found something that gave me a red flag alert: there is a page asking for contributions. And I mean in the thousands of dollars. My advice is approach with caution in case anyone here gets too exited and ready to dig into your pockets. I've seen things like these before and any shinny bogus site asking for contributions in the thousands of dollars is questionable. Pictures are cute, but there is something about that site that gives me an unneasy feeling. This is the page asking for 'contributions' that gave me that red flag alert in my head: http://www.nobility-royalty.com/id18.htm

HRH Kerry 08-03-2006 09:29 PM

Thanks Warren. I think we all will heed your warning.:ohmy:

Toledo 08-03-2006 11:00 PM

Warren posted something here that I missed?

HRH Kerry 08-25-2006 06:28 PM

I just added two more "coffee table" books to my collection:

German Castles and Palaces by Uwe Albrecht and Palaces That Changed The World by Klaus Reichold.

Great photography and interesting history, too. Think I'll order The Royal Palaces of Spain next. Its a little costly but I want it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises