The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Clumsy Royals (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/clumsy-royals-6479.html)

Aussie Princess 07-12-2005 08:24 AM

Clumsy Royals

Hi guys! This is my first post here, so I decided to adress a topic that is so very "me" :o
I was wondering if anyone knows of any "clumsy" royals-as I am very clumsy myself, and for some reason it makes me feel better to know that there are people who are supposed to be all dignified in public can be just like me! I don't suppose anyone has ever broken plates, glasses, or teacups? Knocked over a priceless statue?:eek: :p

Australian 07-12-2005 09:30 AM

welcome to the forum Aussie Princess! Hope you enjoy it. I cant think of any royals that are clumsy but there are sure to be some around. Ill do some research:)

But dont worry, i am very clumsy

Elspeth 07-12-2005 07:32 PM

I've deleted all the off-topic posts, and I hope we can now get this thread back on topic with some serious answers to the question in the original post.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator

Ennyllorac 07-12-2005 08:32 PM

Welcome Aussie Princess,

I can't recall any royal incidents of clumsiness. I can recall a few acts by a few U.S. Presidents so I will be interested to see of there are any factual stories to be told.

Anna_R 07-12-2005 08:35 PM

Thinking of clumsy, the first picture that comes to my mind is of Queen Sofia's slip in the stairs of the White House. Not that she's clumsy at all, but this picture just came to mind....

As for really clumsy royals, I'll have to think about it....;)

Kiwian 07-12-2005 08:40 PM

I wouldn't say these people are clumsy.....I would only like to think that they had a bit of an accident that's all. Personally, when I am distracted (as most of these royals probably are) I tend to sometimes lose focus of what I am doing. In doing so, "accidents" or "clumsiness" are more likely to occur.

Reina 07-12-2005 11:06 PM

Do you have a pic of Qsofia?

Mascha 07-13-2005 03:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reina
Do you have a pic of Qsofia?

Here's one...:)

Yennie 07-13-2005 05:09 AM

Victoria of Sweden has said that she is very clumsy. But I cant think of any photos right now... IŽll see if I can find any!

Aussie Princess 07-13-2005 05:44 AM

Thanks for all the welcomes guys, it's so nice of you!
I feel ofr poor Queen Sofia, that must have been embarrassing! I really like her, being Australian I know quite a bit about British Royals, but have only recently started learning about all the Royal families aroundt he world, and I'm finding it fascinating!

Elspeth 07-13-2005 11:29 AM

Staircases must be an abiding nightmare for queens and princesses in their long gowns and their high-heeled shoes.

Looking at the photos of Princess Mary's wedding shoes, I'm very impressed that she got through that ceremony without managing to trip over her gown or something else and break her neck, considering how high and narrow those heels were.

lamass 07-13-2005 10:23 PM

I Know That Out Of The U.s. Presidents That President Bush And Barbara (the Older Bush Couple) They Were Very Clumsy And There Are A Lot Of Pictures To Prove It. Pictures Of Him Stepping On Her Feet. Them Both Falling. Many. Sorry That Is Off Topic.

Iain 07-15-2005 02:53 AM

There is a set of videos entitled Royal families of the World and in the one about the Luxembourgios royal family you see Grand Duke Henri (at that time crown prince) going to take a glass of wine from a lady holding a tray of glasses and he knocks the tray spilling the wine over the lady.

Australian 07-15-2005 02:56 AM

thanks for the info Iain.

Poor lady lol

Danielle 07-15-2005 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie
Victoria of Sweden has said that she is very clumsy. But I cant think of any photos right now... IŽll see if I can find any!

Yennie, isn't there a photo of her treading on someone's foot? I even think there's a thread dedicated to some of the funny things she's done, but I might be wrong.

norwegianne 07-15-2005 08:24 AM

I recall reading a book (could it be Tronarvingene?) where Victoria told about one of the first state dinners she attended, where King Harald, I think, was also in attendence. There was something tricky about eating some of the dessert, and some of hers slipped across to King Harald's lap. He took it all in good humour.

There was also a case of Queen Margrethe stepping wrong and tumbling down a hill in Rebild Bakker a few years back, I think I recall.

Josefine 07-15-2005 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle
Yennie, isn't there a photo of her treading on someone's foot? I even think there's a thread dedicated to some of the funny things she's done, but I might be wrong.

she stepped on Crown Prince frederiks foot at the bridge betweeen sweden and denmark you can see the photos at the swedish forum

and she also dropped something so in photos it looks like she is laying her head in crown prince hakoons lap

EmpressRouge 07-15-2005 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamass
I Know That Out Of The U.s. Presidents That President Bush And Barbara (the Older Bush Couple) They Were Very Clumsy And There Are A Lot Of Pictures To Prove It. Pictures Of Him Stepping On Her Feet. Them Both Falling. Many. Sorry That Is Off Topic.

George Bush vomitted on a Japanese official (prime minister maybe) once.

Aussie Princess 07-16-2005 01:52 AM

Yikes! How embarrassing!

I agree about the long dresses and high heeled shoes that- I would go for flat shoes I think!

Danielle 07-16-2005 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine
she stepped on Crown Prince frederiks foot at the bridge betweeen sweden and denmark you can see the photos at the swedish forum

Ah, that's the photo I was thinking of Josefine. Thanks. I'll have a search for it later. :)